Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Went off the defender. Was a clear goal. And Luo didn't even get aggressive, could of easily tried to cover more of the paint.
    Just because something is right rules / law, doesn't mean it's not bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    Actually it does. You'd be calling it a fair goal had a Canuck player been credited for the goal.

Went off the defender. Was a clear goal. And Luo didn't even get aggressive, could of easily tried to cover more of the paint.
    For the sake of argument, even though this isn't exactly how it went down, you'd be cool with the Canucks sliding into Thomas each shot, on the off chance that it could bounce off a Bruins defense and go in, or just not get called as interference and go in?

It should've been a penalty shot. I'm not fully clear on the rules for them here, but isn't the whistle basically blown immediately when it's determined to be a penalty shot, so the intent to call the play down should've been there before the puck crossed the net?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinworm45 View Post
    Maybe next year Canada, maybe next year..
    Canada likes Vancouver?

Nah.

Deleted
    Let's do this Bruins! /Red Wings fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    For the sake of argument, even though this isn't exactly how it went down, you'd be cool with the Canucks sliding into Thomas each shot, on the off chance that it could bounce off a Bruins defense and go in, or just not get called as interference and go in?

It should've been a penalty shot. I'm not fully clear on the rules for them here, but isn't the whistle basically blown immediately when it's determined to be a penalty shot, so the intent to call the play down should've been there before the puck crossed the net?
    Had it gone off Berg it would of been a penalty shot, it went off the defender, that's the issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Criptos View Post
    Nuks giving up the short handed goal in the last game for the cup is the only thing you should call bullshit.

Team has all the skill and none of the balls to win something so important.

Anyone have any idea what time the parade is? I mean the actual one here in Boston, not the one no longer happening in Vancouver.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Gonna be tough going to work tomorrow morning with all the disgusting Bruins gear on everyone during the commute.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Gonna be tough going to work tomorrow morning with all the disgusting Bruins gear on everyone during the commute.
    I was wondering where the crowd went, guess they at the Pro Shop exchanging their spandex for some black and gold sweaters.

15+ Year Old Account
    This entire series comes down to one play, the Rome hit on Horton. Until that moment, Vancouver had all of the momentum. They had outperformed Boston in route to a 2-0 lead in the series. Their fantastic defensive depth was doing wonders. Then the Rome hit happens and everything changed. Instantly Vancouver's defensive depth evaporated. Playing short handed the entire night Boston was able to get a lead and then build on it en route to a blowout, canceling out every shred of momentum Vancouver had and getting Boston right back in the series. They follow that win with another dominate performance that couldn't be blamed on Luongo at all. Luongo has a fabulous game 5. The softy given up to start Game 6 completely erased the momentum Vancouver had from shutting them out in Game 6 and clearly they have done nothing to upend Boston in game 7.

In fact, this story of the series ended up being backwards of what everyone expected. For Boston to win, everyone expected Tim Thomas would have to steal a game in Vancouver when in fact, Luongo was the one who had to steal a game for his team which he did in game 5 (and game 1 really). Thomas hasn't had to steal a game at all this series. Boston has lost every single game that has been remotely competitive. Vancouver's offense simply didn't show and that is why their backs are as far to the wall as they can get without actually being part of it. Luongo was pretty damn good for the majority of this series. He has been hung out to dry far too many times by his defense.

Actually it does. You'd be calling it a fair goal had a Canuck player been credited for the goal.
    No actually I wouldn't. I'd be calling it a shit goal that shouldn't count, even if it was Vancouver's first, coming up from behind a deficit.

That's not how you play the game. It should've been a penalty shot.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post
    Nuks giving up the short handed goal in the last game for the cup is the only thing you should call bullshit.

Anyone have any idea what time the parade is? I mean the actual one here in Boston, not the one no longer happening in Vancouver.
    Feel free to not comment in here with that attitude. Frankly I hope Vancouver has a miraculous comeback just to make you regret your words.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome Job Bruins! /Blackhawks Fan

10+ Year Old Account
    At least you have free health care to make you guys feel better...

Bergeron = Clutch

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Alocolas View Post
    At least you have free health care to make you guys feel better...

Bergeron = Clutch
    Please. It's not free.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Quote Originally Posted by Gritalian View Post

I didn't try to defend them on letting the break away happen. I just think it's silly no matter what player it goes off of, Luo should have tried harder no doubt, but having two nearly intertwined players sliding into that fast well trying to stop a goal, is no easy feat. No doubt I'm pretty sad face and biased right now. But I think it's a stupid rule, I'm allowed to have my own opinon.

10+ Year Old Account
    if boston wins.. 3 of the last 4 years would have been original 6 teams, a sign?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    No actually I wouldn't. I'd be calling it a shit goal that shouldn't count, even if it was Vancouver's first, coming up from behind a deficit.

That's not how you play the game. It should've been a penalty shot.
    No it was a clean goal. It doesn't matter if you punch the puck, kick the puck, stick it up your butt and fart it across the line, etc. As long was the puck clearly makes contact with a defending player before crossing the line it is a goal. At worst, Bergeron pushed the puck into Luongo with his glove and then Bergeron's momentum combined with the defensman who tackled him helped propel the puck across the line after it had touched each of them. The only way it would have been disallowed is if he had pushed it in at the very end of that play which he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    if boston wins.. 3 of the last 4 years would have been original 6 teams, a sign?
    nahh.. leafs aint ever winning again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Please. It's not free.

did anyone on ctv news about the connection between emergency rooms and hockey? well i totally expect that stat to change tonight