10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    What's up with Detroit? Seriously...
    We can't score. We get the shots, we get the chances, we just can't put it in the net. Streaks come and go, I think once we get one win, we'll be back on track.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 04:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Has to say, that took me by surprise. That completely wrecks my confidence that Weber wouldn't be a Pred after this year. Fucking bah.
    Wrecks your confidence? This gets my hopes up. The Preds can't afford both, and thankfully they chose Rinne. Weber has no interest to play in Nashville, and that one year deal made it apparent.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-04 at 04:27 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rinne is such a ninja, would love to have him in Colorado... Even though I've been falling in love with Varlamov. He is quite special. Vrbata and Korpikosky should feel robbed after that game. Rinne defo had god mode enabled.
    Detroit and Vancouver looked in the same boat today, passes weren't connecting and when they were they were hospital passes. As in there was an opposing player less than a second away from shutting them down anyway.

Mind you, it does make me so much happier when either Detroit or Vancouver lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post

Also: Leafs are the number on team in the NHL. Let that soak in for a bit
    Tied with Pens as the latter lost in OT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Tied with Pens as the latter lost in OT!
    Technically, Toronto is ranked in front of the Pens because a) Pens have one more Game Played and b) Toronto has one more Win.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 01:46 AM ----------

And if Toronto in 1st wasn't weird enough, the current leader of the Western Conference is Edmonton Oilers, who clinched last place in the league last year about a week or so before it ended (in fact, we are only about 15% through the season, and they already have nearly a third of the points they had last year; at this rate they'll beat their total about halfway through), and teams that made the playoffs last year but are currently out of contention are the Vancouver Canucks, Detroit Red Wings, Anaheim Ducks, Buffalo Sabres, Tampa Bay Lightning, Montreal Canadiens and the Boston Bruins.

The 2012 end of the world theory is looking more likely every day.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Toronto has as many wins today as they had by December 4th of last year. All I know is haters are really jelly right now

10+ Year Old Account
    All I'm saying is watch the Blackhawks! They have really taken atleast me as a Blackhawk fan by surprice, didn't expect such a great start from them really, I wonder how far they can go this season if they keep the good play up. Dare I predict Blackhawks in the Stanly cup this season?
    Let's go Blackhawks!
    I really hope they'll take down the Lightning tonight, they should really be able pull it off. /cross fingers
    Just imagine if they win over Tampa Bay, and then smash Vancouver right in the face on Sunday. Ha that would be awesome pay back. They were so lucky to beat us last seasons playoff.
    Last edited by Rivenda; 2011-11-04 at 09:19 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Also: Leafs are the number on team in the NHL. Let that soak in for a bit
    Just when we thought the 2012 doomsday predictions were hokum too.
    red panda red panda red panda!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    We can't score. We get the shots, we get the chances, we just can't put it in the net. Streaks come and go, I think once we get one win, we'll be back on track.

---------- Post added 2011-11-04 at 04:26 AM ----------

Wrecks your confidence? This gets my hopes up. The Preds can't afford both, and thankfully they chose Rinne. Weber has no interest to play in Nashville, and that one year deal made it apparent.
    The one year deal was the result of arbitration, which I'm sure pissed Weber off a bit until he got the huge ruling. If the Rinne signing is a sign that the Preds ownership is finally going to spend some money above the cap floor, it could mean that they are going to look to sign Suter and Weber this offseason. Signing Rinne improves their team which could improve their prospects of keeping Weber.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, how about them NHL-leading Toronto Maple Leafs?

Haters gonna hate~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Just when we thought the 2012 doomsday predictions were hokum too.
    lol, well what can I say? I'm happy they're doing well. Still lots of areas to improve. Killed 4 penalties yesterday, but it's still a major issue for them. Defence in general needs to step it up as well. 39 shots on goal playing Columbus? That's not going to fly in other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The one year deal was the result of arbitration, which I'm sure pissed Weber off a bit until he got the huge ruling. If the Rinne signing is a sign that the Preds ownership is finally going to spend some money above the cap floor, it could mean that they are going to look to sign Suter and Weber this offseason. Signing Rinne improves their team which could improve their prospects of keeping Weber.
    I just can't see the Preds signing all three. Rinne was the correct one to sign and with Sutter already under contract, Weber is the odd man out.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

I absolutely have been taking this opportunity to rub the Leafs' winning into every non-Leafs fan in my personal life... while it lasts. There hasn't been a buzz like this about a Toronto sports team in many many years. I'm pretty glad to see that the Leafs weren't very happy with their performance last night - they know they're lucky that Mason played like a blind quadriplegic and will need to be much better tomorrow night against the B's. I still think they'd have beaten Columbus, but it's good to know they're not thinking about letting up any time soon.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boston is coming in hungry for another win, they are struggling and are going to be looking to bring the pain. Thankfully the whole team is struggling right now and both their goalies are fragile in the net. Gustavsson has a ton of confidence right now and has played some acceptable hockey I think, however the guys in front of him need to be better in order for him to be better as there is no room for being complacent.

lol, well what can I say? I'm happy they're doing well. Still lots of areas to improve. Killed 4 penalties yesterday, but it's still a major issue for them. Defence in general needs to step it up as well. 39 shots on goal playing Columbus? That's not going to fly in other games.
    To be fair, Scrivens did allow a lot of rebounds.
    Curious to see who will be in net tomorrow.

Hopefully Kessel will play better than the other game against Boston as it's going to be in Toronto.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2011-11-05 at 06:56 AM.

Damn the luck loose to Dallas in OT.
    Damn, Just Damn
    I was the Rainbow Das at one time.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell just happened last night? How can Blackhawks lose to Tampa bay? Waouw, what a chock I woke up to. Stupid time zones.... Atleast they lost in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    What the hell just happened last night? How can Blackhawks lose to Tampa bay?
    I think it's called a Stamkos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    What the hell just happened last night? How can Blackhawks lose to Tampa bay? Waouw, what a chock I woke up to. Stupid time zones.... Atleast they lost in OT.
    Yeah it was a bunk deal man. Stamkos was all over the damn place. It's no biggie though we're still looking really impressive this year, and I think we've got what it takes to win another cup.

I am pleasantly surprised at the play of Dan Carcillo. I never knew he had such good hands and could make smart plays like he's been doing. While I miss Brouwer, Campbell and Kopecky, I'd say we did really well in offseason pickups!! (Would like to see more from Brunette)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    To be fair, Scrivens did allow a lot of rebounds.
    Curious to see who will be in net tomorrow.
    Probably Gustavsson again. Ron Wilson said they're not rushing Reimer back to the ice because the other two are doing well. Against Boston I see Gustavsson taking over and using Scrivens again next week against Florida or maybe St Louis.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 03:02 PM ----------

Actually I'm wrong, Scrivens is getting the start again. And Luke Schenn is out!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle2226818/

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why take Schenn out? Not like Franson has played any better in the games he has been in. To be fair though, Komisarek and Gunnarsson are playing incredibly well right now, though I am thinking Komi playing well might be a good trade bait to be honest, teams are going to start looking for D and Toronto has a surplus right now and they also need to clear some cap space on the back end because there is no way they can continue to afford Komi's contract and keep other guys who are going to be getting new contracts in the next 2-3 years.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-11-05 at 08:55 PM.