15+ Year Old Account
    http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...=802&id=133020

Hmm didn't embed all well. Glad to see him get another start. Not sure what the thinking is with Schenn. I haven't read too much about it, but i'm listening to the videos posted today right now

I also created this twitter list with a bunch of leafs in it. Let me know if I'm missing anyone, but its a good place to follow the players:
    http://twitter.com/#!/list/Fuzzzzzie/hockey
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-11-05 at 09:14 PM.

LOL@ the Philly game.

And grats to Seguin on his first career hat trick. Amazing game so far B's keep it up and show these 'Bandwagon' Leafs fans why we are the defending stanley cup champs.

Note: The reference to the 'bandwagon fans' is not directed to anyone on these forums. It just seems now that Toronto is the #1 team in hockey all of Canada is riding them. I also don't appreciate the comments from leafs commentators about Thomas. Grow up.

Note #2: Lucic with his 2nd goal tonight to make it 6-0

Note #3: Cambell with a goal 7-0, now.

I LOVE HOCKEY

Embarrassing game by the Leafs.

Great job tonight B's. Lets keep it going and dig our way out of this early grave.

terrible game for the leafs, hopefully this isnt the start of something bad...

Lets hope for a bounce back game!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see the refs put their whistles in their pockets away several times rather then giving Boston the penalties they deserved. Whatever, it's one game, we are still near the top.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wooohooo Buffalo Sabres win in a shootout

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that was the b's coming out party for the season. The leafs and the rest of the east have been warned.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2011-11-06 at 03:35 AM.
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear Toronto Maple leaf fans. WELCOME TO NOVEMBER Jk. This game continues to prove my point that Toronto can only beat bad teams.

Glad Detroit finally won again, and in impressive fashion.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-06 at 04:50 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Didn't get to watch the game tonight, but loved the outcome. I think it's great Toronto's been doing so well, but it's even better that the Bruins got the 7-0 shutout. Hopefully they can continue on like this and get rid of the "hangover". First couple of games I watched of the season, it was looking like Marchand was their best player, but now I'm thinking Seguin is going to take that spot. Grats on his first hat trick.

Saw this earlier today:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post

Saw this earlier today:

If that happened to me I would be so creeped out...

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Dear Toronto Maple leaf fans. WELCOME TO NOVEMBER Jk. This game continues to prove my point that Toronto can only beat bad teams.

It's such a ridiculous statement on so many levels. Any team can beat any other team if one has a good day and another has a bad day; take a look at how your Red Wings have done recently, losses to: Calgary, Minnesota, (twice), and Columbus. You may say we can only beat bad teams, but at least we've only lost to one bad team so far. We still don't have our main goalie in net (not that it likely would have helped either time against Boston, but maybe against Philly or Ottawa). We've already beat the Penguins, who seemed to be on the top of the list to win the cup (according to Vegas odds) when the season started. Leafs beat Boston last year, the last time we played them, just before they became SC champions when we were much worse than now; it doesn't mean jack. The only losses we've suffered so far where the games were out of reach were the two against the Bruins, meanwhile (and I don't have anything against the Bruins, in fact I was glad to see them win the cup, but if we're saying the Leafs can only beat "good" teams) the Bruins aren't doing well enough this season to be considered good (yet).

If I insulted any Bruins or Red Wings fan I apologize, I think both qualify as "good teams" despite their rough start.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Holy crap were last nights games a multitude of rapefests or what... rofl.
    red panda red panda red panda!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account

Says the Red Wings fan. Regardless of whether or not you are joking, someone with a username like Irony shouldn't be bashing Leafs fans right now with how poorly Detroit is playing. One loss really doesn't do much for the Leafs in the grand scheme of things, since Toronto is still 5 points up on the 8th seed spot right now, and at least we aren't Montreal. Either way, the next 4 games are laughable for the Leafs and should all be regulation wins. Picking up all 8 points in those 4 games would put them in a far better position to hold their ground as the division leaders, even if Boston starts winning, they need to win a lot of games to even come close to matching the Leafs points that they have now. I can't see Toronto dropping the next 4 and Boston winning 4 in the same week. Either way, no team has an easier early season schedule then Toronto right now, but I guess that's an advantage anyway.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2011-11-06 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Etc
    The Penguins team you beat didn't have Malkin nor Crosby.

The Wings went on an awful losing streak, which happen to every team, I'm just glad it happened early in the season.

Toronto has a joke of a Schedule so far, which is why they're doing so well, look at their 9 wins and tell me any of those teams will make the playoffs, excluding a healthy Pens team. After the next 4 games, your schedule gets a lot tougher, and this will tell us what kind of team Toronto is. December is going to be a very tough month, and Toronto only winning 4 times, is my prediction.

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 06:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Etc.
    The reason I can say this as a Red Wings fan is because we've made the playoffs 20 years straight, and nothing about this team me worried that we won't continue this trend.

Toronto needs to continue to grow, and them picking on the weaker teams, making the playoffs and leaving in the first round is how its gonna be for awhile. 5 years down the line and this is the next Pittsburgh but with a more balanced team.
    Last edited by Irony; 2011-11-06 at 06:38 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, rough night last night. Thank goodness for Crown Royal. Anyways, shit happens. Toronto played like shit. Scrivens got screwed on the first or second goal, I think that kinda put more pressure on him than he could handle. After that it went downhill. He didn't get much help from his team at all, far far far far far too many turnovers. It's plaguing this team much as it did last year.

I've been pretty proud of my Leafs so far this season, but their success still hinges on them working out a number of glaring issues. PK is shit, Forechecking and backchecking needs to come up a lot. Hell, even being in the right position would have helped last night.

It is interesting to watch some people squirm when Toronto is doing well and then jump all over them when they have a bad game. Keep in mind this forum is for a friendly discussion and not making fun of people. If you want to do that go down to your local bar.

The Penguins team you beat didn't have Malkin nor Crosby.
    Malkin aaaabsolutely played in the game... he even scored a goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    What household plant are you smoking? The exact opposite seems to be the case.

The Leafs can beat a top team like Pittsburgh without breaking a sweat, but when it comes to last place teams like Boston, they have a hard time.
    (Columbus being a notable exception.)

Boston has had their number for awhile, though, so there's no surprise there - although I'm disappointed that it was such a blowout.

Any team with fewer points than they have games played, however, is doing very poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Malkin aaaabsolutely played in the game... he even scored a goal.
    Indeed he did. My mistake, so that's one win against a playoff bound team for Toronto.

It is so sad watching Columbus. We are watching Steve Mason's career end right before our eyes. Such promise from his Rookie of the year play fading away in front of us. Cant even blame Philly for running up the score...most of the goals allowed were really weak and went right through Mason and York.