Quote Originally Posted by srcope View Post
    Rinne is one of those special goalies who night after night gives his team the ability to win. I enjoy watching him between the pipes. It's always a treat when he comes to town.
    The scary part is I don't think he's had as good of a season this year as he did last, of course the defense in front of him hasn't been nearly as good this year either. Couple that with the fact that his work load has went up a ton this year and I guess the slight drop is explainable. I'll say this for him though, I would take that guy over every other goalie in the league going into the playoffs. I certainly think he can steal a series if he is on his game.

As far as the back up goalie thing goes, Lindback is a damn good back up, but the guy just hasn't gotten the starts this season. The few he has had have left him with large gaps between play time, and have been mostly against the better teams in the East. Last season I think the guy had 15-20 win ( Peks was out in the early season) and if its not for him stepping up we probably don't even make it into the playoffs. Lindback is a good goalie imo, dude has just been put in the worst situation possible for a back up goalie this season. ( few games with large spikes in between games)
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2012-03-29 at 07:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks need to play lights out tonight, they need to keep grabbin those points; should be a good game to watch.. it always is against the Blues.

Good news is that Toews says hes getting close and that soon he could be cleared for contact, guess we'll have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://covervote.nhl.com

I love some of the choices for teams with no "superstar". Stephen Weiss gets all my votes, since it might as well be a fucking question mark.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrichsized View Post
    The Blues were so awesome in the mid-90's. I used to love watching Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis and Fuhr play when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure they grabbed a Presidents Trophy around that time too.
    '99 - '00. Only to be swept in the 1st round.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I love some of the choices for teams with no "superstar". Stephen Weiss gets all my votes, since it might as well be a fucking question mark.
    There are some weird choices on those. No Rick Nash for Columbus? Legwand instead of Weber for Nashville? Both the Sharks choices. Seriously, if Logan Couture is on the cover I am throwing it away so I don't have to look at his teeth. The backup goalie for Boston? Derek Roy over Miller for the Sabres (lolwut?). Why even name the Sedin you are putting on the cover? Just write Sedin as the option choice, put up one of their picture and take the shot so you can't see the number of his jersey. Then it could be whichever Sedin you want!

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Hawks need to play lights out tonight, they need to keep grabbin those points; should be a good game to watch.. it always is against the Blues.

Good news is that Toews says hes getting close and that soon he could be cleared for contact, guess we'll have to wait and see.
    It's going to be a good game. Can't wait for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesfan18 View Post
    '99 - '00. Only to be swept in the 1st round.
    You can be swept in 7 games?

And it was to San Jose at least. They are always a complete asshole in the playoffs when they are a lower seed. Just ask the Red Wings from 1994. With some quick wikipedia-ing and no double checking, I think the Sharks went 3-2 in the first round as a 7 or 8 seed since 1994 and like 6-3 as a 5 or lower both of which are freaking ridiculous.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-03-29 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    You can be swept in 7 games?

And it was to San Jose at least. They are always a complete asshole in the playoffs when they are a lower seed. Just ask the Red Wings from 1994. With some quick wikipedia-ing and no double checking, I think the Sharks went 3-2 in the first round as a 7 or 8 seed since 1994 and like 6-3 as a 5 or lower both of which are freaking ridiculous.
    They had a very gritty, ferocious club back then. A lot of goons with some talent is all I really remember, being born in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Don't be like every other fan who seems to get a laugh out of kicking a team's fans when there down. Don't be that prick.
    I'm not a fan of any of the NHL team; I'm being the outside observer.
    Them not having a cup in the latest 20-30 year still means no cup in the latest 20-30 year, no matter their good teams.
    They haven't been real cup-contenders either as far as I'm concerned. They've been viable, but not really a clear cut contender.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post

Should take a look at the Flames choices. Not that I'd suspect any Flame to be on the cover but hilarious options none-the-less. Matt Stajan 160GP 17G 47A 64P -8 with Calgary at a price of 14 mill over 4 years. (4.5, 4.5, 2.5, 2.5) OR ladies and gentlemen. Mikael Backlund 138GP 15G 31A 46P -4 at the price of 2.5 mil over 3 years. Just gave me a chuckle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apparently now Gustavsson is out with an injury he got in warm up. Back to Scrivins for tonight.

Actually.. looks like they're going with some new guy.. Didn't catch his name..
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-03-29 at 11:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    already down 1-0 and rosehill big mouth got him 4 minutes in the box..i hope he gets benched rest of the game

15+ Year Old Account
    Nice top shelf from Grabo. 2-1.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Apparently now Gustavsson is out with an injury he got in warm up. Back to Scrivins for tonight.

Actually.. looks like they're going with some new guy.. Didn't catch his name..
    Probably Jussi Rynnas?

10+ Year Old Account
    it is rynnas, they are on tsn

Man, Leafs really should get a break from goalie troubles.

Haven't they earned up to a free-pass soon?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Man, Leafs really should get a break from goalie troubles.

Haven't they earned up to a free-pass soon?
    They'll have all spring and summer to mull it over. They earned that....

10+ Year Old Account
    i think the Reimer injury.. and their crappy goalie coach who is only in Toronto because we had Giggy... messed him up good.

Awhile ago I asked this thread if the people thought the West or the East was better; most of the answers were the west (I couldn't agree more). However, I was wondering what everyone thought the toughest division was? I think it can be easily broken down to the Atlantic and the Central, but what would you consider the tougher division?
    Excluding the obvious of "The Atlantic because they have the Islanders and the Central has Columbus", because I don't think the 5th team should drag it down that much. If you compared purely the top 4 of each, which would you say is better, and why? Or if you included the 5th team, would it make another division competitive with those 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    If done strictly by points, the top 4 in Atlantic have two points over Central with two less games played. If you include all five teams, NYI have 18 points over CBJ.