10+ Year Old Account
    The IRC seems to have less people each round. Come on people, it's the finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    just one of those things.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Pens trading for the rights to Voukun seems absolutely retarded to me. I guess that means Brent Johnson is going back to the AHL then even though he is a semi decent backup.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Caps practically got a free pick, considering they had no real intention to resign him.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Two years in a row the Caps got free picks for goalies. Good for them.

1-0 Kings.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:27 AM ----------

Come join the Irc. We can discuss hockey and stuffz.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe this year the GM will focus on the real issues with the team...

The two useless Russians.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-0 and I hope we're saying 4-0 again on Wednesday

i do believe the devils need a miracle at this point, and with how bloody crazy unstoppable the kings were tonight, they need one BIG one.

way i see it, kings won this series, and good for them, they deserve the cup.

No arguments from me!
    Go Kings, go!

this here so i finally hit 1000 posts. sad it only took 4 years to do this (well 3 and a half)....

15+ Year Old Account
    I am OK with the cup in LA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather LA over NJ. Gagne getting a cup would be nice and I really want Philly to suffer for trading Carter/Richards.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So general consensus among my friends is Quick basically locked in Conn Smyth with his game tonight. This whole playoff run has become sort of a coming out party for Quick. He was always really good but he's proven he can elevate his play to godmode status. Those numbers are outright ridiculous. 1.36 GAA and .950 Save % is just insane for having played 15+ games.

Taking bets on a statement about Kovalchuk and Parise being injured at the end of the series. I'm wondering if Parise's performance in this final series is going to have any impact on his free agency. He's either injured or just ran out of gas/heart. He get's burnt by Kopitar, outworked and all on that 2nd L.A. goal. If I'm an NHL GM, I'm not quite sure I want to give this guy 5+ million dollars when he barely even tries in the cup finals (Yeah, I realize most GM's probably don't think this way but I feel most of the teams that will be in the running will be hunting for a cup as well). His "counterpart" Dustin Brown at least brings an impact to the game when he's not scoring. Really didn't like Parise' effort here and I honestly hope he's injured, so he at least has somewhat of an excuse.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-06-05 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    After struggeling in first two games a bit, it seems like Kings are waking up again. Very dominant preformance today in 2nd and 3rd. Btw, if Kings win Game 4 aswell and Devils never take a lead, would it be new unfamous record for them for being the first team who never took lead in SCF?

from struggling to make the playoffs to dominating the devils the kings sure have gotten good quick.. johnathan quick.... this is turning out to be embarassing for the devils.. esp with Marty being termed one of the best goalies of all time and hes getting outplayed by the Kings goalie.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    So general consensus among my friends is Quick basically locked in Conn Smyth with his game tonight.
    He locked in the Conn Smythe before the Finals even started. They have two guys averaging a PPG in the playoffs, Brown and Kopitar. The last goalies to win the Conn were Tim Thomas last year(1.98/.940/4) Came Ward in 2006 (2.14/.920/2SO) and their stats aren't even close to as impressive as Quick's have been. The last guy to have close to these numbers was Osgood in 2008 when he put up 1.55/.930/3.

I would not have guessed the Kings would be in position to sweep in this series. For a team that was a blink from missing the playoffs, they look damn impressive. You could see the wheels fall off the bus last night for the Devils. As soon as Zidlicky took that frustration penalty after they had just let in a PP goal you just knew that game and probably the series were over.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 08:26 AM ----------

Michel Therrien is the new coach of the Habs according to reports.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-05 at 10:49 AM.

Devils are facing a unfavorable historical prescedent. Only 1 team in NHL history has come back down 3 games to win the cup. Last(and only) team to do it was The Maple leafs back in 1942
    Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    heat ≠ light
    it...i....what?

"They was WATERING them. They was trying to GROW WHEELBARROWS."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywins View Post
    After struggeling in first two games a bit, it seems like Kings are waking up again. Very dominant preformance today in 2nd and 3rd. Btw, if Kings win Game 4 aswell and Devils never take a lead, would it be new unfamous record for them for being the first team who never took lead in SCF?
    Back in 1996 Florida never once held a lead against the Avs.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 02:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    from struggling to make the playoffs to dominating the devils the kings sure have gotten good quick.. johnathan quick.... this is turning out to be embarassing for the devils.. esp with Marty being termed one of the best goalies of all time and hes getting outplayed by the Kings goalie.
    Brodeur isn't even a top 15 goalie anymore, he's just too old. Plus Quick is easily the second best goalie in the league, and you can argue best.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 02:48 PM ----------

The Kings are now arguably the best Playoff team ever. They've lost two games in these entire playoffs, that is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since the format went to 16 to win, I think the fewest games anybody needed was 19, but that was the Edmonton team that got fogged out, so they were technically 16-2

This is a level of dominance I've never seen before

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Since the format went to 16 to win, I think the fewest games anybody needed was 19, but that was the Edmonton team that got fogged out, so they were technically 16-2

This is a level of dominance I've never seen before
    That is especially true when you look at the teams they played. They beat the 1 (President's winner), 2, and 3 seeds in the West. They haven't lost on the road. They are the first team to EVER open all four of their series up 3-0.