Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Ya people all over are saying Tampa won because of the picks. If Callahan re-signs for 4M I agree. Since he probably won't play more than 30 games in Tampa, Rangers smoked Tampa in this trade. That 1st round pick next year is only worthwhile if the Rangers somehow finish 25th or worse, and 2nd round picks aren't typically NHL-ready for 2-4 seasons unless you get real lucky.

- - - Updated - - -

Ooof... 5M over 2 years to re-sign Chris Phillips? I guess that's good for him.. I'm just now looking at their defensive depth and it's good for Ottawa too... that being said, it explains why that team is so bad defensively.
    If Rangers don't win a cup, they lose this trade easy. St. Louis will likely retire very soon and they give up their first pick the year of McDavid? Rangers fans will never be able to sleep if they win the draft lottery next year.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Killerolav View Post
    But why would Devils go after Reimer, though?
    He would be a good backup with an RFA if they worry Brodeur would retire soon. Irrelevant though since Leafs aren't on his allowed trade teams.

Ya, but they're not going to finish out of the playoffs in that division... Honestly, even if they did, they're not a 20-30 NHL team. They'd BARELY miss the playoffs if they do. The only reason they're trading their 1st rounder next year is they know it's not going to be worth anything. Unless it's a top-3 pick next year, it's whatever.. not a big deal for them.

@Zeoni, Lundqvist going down might not be the worst thing if he plays like he was the first 2 months this season :P

Ya, but they're not going to finish out of the playoffs in that division... Honestly, even if they did, they're not a 20-30 NHL team. They'd BARELY miss the playoffs if they do. The only reason they're trading their 1st rounder next year is they know it's not going to be worth anything. Unless it's a top-3 pick next year, it's whatever.. not a big deal for them.

@Zeoni, Lundqvist going down might not be the worst thing if he plays like he was the first 2 months this season :P
    Anyone besides Boston or Pittsburgh, in our conference, aren't dominant enough to be trading away their 1st pick next year IMO. Rangers can still easily miss out on the playoffs this year.

I don't know about 'easily'.. they could, yes, but of all the shit shows in that division, I would say they are one team most would expect to be at least in a Wild Card spot if not a division spot... I say this well aware they are 1 Columbus point out of the playoffs, too... I'm that ballsy. You're absolutely right, though - no one is a guarantee lock for the postseason other than those 2. No one expected Tampa to do this well, or a number of teams in the Atlantic/Metropolitan to be so pedestrian.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, am I alone in thinking that Gaborik is not the answer for the Kings? Helpful, but I don't think he's going to elevate them any higher than they're already capable of.

15+ Year Old Account
    Trade Deadline:

- Edmonton Oilers traded Bryzgalov to Minnesota Wild for 2014 4th round pick

- Edmonton Oilers acquire Viktor Fasth from Anaheim Ducks for 3rd 2015 pick + 5th 2014 pick

- Vancouver Canucks traded Patrick Mullen to Ottawa Senators for Jeff Costello

- Washingon Capitals acquired Dustin Penner from Anaheim Ducks for 4th round Pick

- Anaheim Ducks acquire D Stephane Robidas from Stars for a 4th round draft pic from Washington Capitals AKA swapping Penner for Robidas.

- Montreal Canadiens acquire Mike Weaver from Florida Panthers for a 5th round pick in 2015

- Philadelphia Flyers acquire Andrew MacDonald from NY Islanders for 2014 3rd pick and 2nd 2015 pick

- Florida Panthers acquire Roberto Luongo & Steven Anthony From Vancouver Canucks for Jacob Markstrom and Shawn Matthias + Canucks also retains 15% of Luongo`s contract.

- Chicago Blackhawks acquired David Rundblad from Phoenix Coyotes for 2014 2nd Round Pick

- LA Kings acquired Marian Gaborik from Columbus Blue Jackets for Matt Frattin, 2nd draft pick and conditional 3rd pick (if Kings win first round in playoffs or Gaborik is Re-Signed) + CBJ will retain part of Gaborik's salary.

- Montreal Canadiens has acquired Devan Dubnyk from Nashville Predators for future considerations. Nashville retains 25% of Dubnyk's salaryy in the deal while Oilers are already paying 50%.

- LA Kings has acquired Brayden McNabb & 2 2nd round draft picks from Buffalo Sabres for Prospects Hudson Fasching and Nicholas Deslaurier

- Ottawa Senators has acquired Ales Hemsky from Edmonton Oilers for a 2015 3rd pick & 2014 5th round pick. Edmonton will retain half of Hemsky's Salary.

- Boston Bruins have claimed Corey Potter off waivers from Edmonton Oilers.

- Buffalo Sabres claimed Cory Conacher from Ottawa Senators

- NY Rangers has acquired Martin St.Louis From Tampa Bay Lightning for Ryan Callahan, 2015 1st Round pick & conditional 2014 2nd round pick (becomes 1st if Rangers reach conference final)! The Rangers will also receive a conditional 2015 2nd round draft pick if Callahan re-signs.

- New Jersey Devils acquire Tuomo Ruutu from Carolina hurricanes for Andrei Loktionov & a conditional 2017 third round pick.

- Pittsburgh Penguins acquire Marcel Goc from Florida Panthers for a 2015 3rd & 2014 5th round pick.

- Dallas Stars has acquired Tim Thomas from Florida Panthers for .....

- Columbus Blue Jackets has acquired Nick schultz from Edmonton Oilers for 5rd Round pick.

- Boston ‎Bruins‬ acquire Andrej Meszaros from ‪Philadelphia ‎Flyers‬ for a 3rd round draft pick

- New York Rangers acquire Raphael Diaz from Vancouver Canucks for a 5th round pick in 2015

- Minnesota Wild has acquired Matt Moulson and Cody McCormick from Buffalo Sabres for undisclosed picks and Torrey Mitchell

- Colorado Avalanche acquires Reto Berra from Calgary Flames for a draft pick ??? Update shortly.

- Detroit Red Wings acquire David Legwand from Nashville Predators for ??? Update shortly

- Montreal Canadiens have acquired Thomas Vanek From New York Islanders for Prospect: Sebastien Collberg and a conditional 2nd round pick.

- Washington Capitals acquire Jaroslav Halak & a 3rd 2015 pick from Buffalo Sabres for Michal Neuvirth & Rostislav Klesla

- Pittsburgh Penguins acquire Lee Stempniak from Calgary Flames for a 3rd round draft pick
    Last edited by Rosh; 2014-03-05 at 09:30 PM.

I don't know about 'easily'.. they could, yes, but of all the shit shows in that division, I would say they are one team most would expect to be at least in a Wild Card spot if not a division spot... I say this well aware they are 1 Columbus point out of the playoffs, too... I'm that ballsy. You're absolutely right, though - no one is a guarantee lock for the postseason other than those 2. No one expected Tampa to do this well, or a number of teams in the Atlantic/Metropolitan to be so pedestrian.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, am I alone in thinking that Gaborik is not the answer for the Kings? Helpful, but I don't think he's going to elevate them any higher than they're already capable of.
    He's not the answer, but Kings do need more shooters.
    Wild card is irrelevant; Both wild card teams could come from our division.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cant call rangers slow on the merchandise atleast haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Thomas to Dallas

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Thomas to Dallas
    Luongos twitter

Meszaros to the Bruins for... a third round pick?

I'm not sure why Holmgren did this. Is a third really more valuable than a serviceable defenseman for the rest of the year?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    Meszaros to the Bruins for... a third round pick?

I'm not sure why Holmgren did this. Is a third really more valuable than a serviceable defenseman for the rest of the year?
    Its Philadelphia flyers... that team and defense is like 2 different worlds. they got no clue

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    This has been one of the craziest trade deadlines in recent years... Wow.

That being said,

red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Snow and Gillis should be in the unemployment this summer

Vanek to Montreal 2nd round and a prospect

Moulson to Minnesota

Legwand to Red Wings

So close to deadline so, waiting to see if trades go through
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2014-03-05 at 08:22 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Noooo we traded the berracade

15+ Year Old Account
    Updating the trade list further up as the trades are confirmed btw
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post25741302

15+ Year Old Account
    Vanek to Montreal 2nd round and a prospect
    Wow, Montreal made out like bandits there.

Wow.. So getting Vanek cost the Isles Matt Moulson, a 1st, and a 2nd... and all they get for him 4.5 months later is a 2nd and a prospect? It better be a damn good prospect. Guarantee Moulson would've re-signed for not an absurd amount of money with the Isles.

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    Snow and Gillis should be in the unemployment this summer
    Man, I'll agree about Snow after this... Gillis I thought should have been fired over Vigneault last summer, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm pretty certain Stamkos will be getting the C for Tampa.
    Who's going to get it for Rangers?

Mike Gillis is putting on his best Baghdad Bob impression now.

edit: derp
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    So.... Capitals got Halak.

If this was 2010, I would be happy.