Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    My major problem si the hockey regular season is the same time as the basketball season, which I like to watch a lot more :P Now that it is playoff time, and my team in the NBA is not in it yet again, I have more time for hockey!
    If I had the power I would gladly trade, even exchanging the Raptor's lead in the process.
    For some reason Basketball could put me to sleep faster than Baseball or Soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    If I had the power I would gladly trade, even exchanging the Raptor's lead in the process.
    For some reason Basketball could put me to sleep faster than Baseball or Soccer.
    Baseball is one of my favourites to watch during the summer, just for that reason. Have some beers, eat some barbecue, get drowsy in front of the game on TV and just conk out for an hour or two.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Doug Wilson is saying he wants to keep McLellan, but changes will be happening this summer. Boyle won't be back. Who's getting shopped. Probably Burns, Havlat... maybe one of their big 4? I doubt they shop Marleau/Pavelski/Couture... but I dunno if they can move Thornton or Marleau anyway (without their permission).

- - - Updated - - -

JK they still have 2 compliance buyouts... 1 will probably get used on Havlat.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Also, Doug Wilson is saying he wants to keep McLellan, but changes will be happening this summer. Boyle won't be back. Who's getting shopped. Probably Burns, Havlat... maybe one of their big 4? I doubt they shop Marleau/Pavelski/Couture... but I dunno if they can move Thornton or Marleau anyway (without their permission).
    According to a (outdated: from last season) list in "The Fourth Period" magazine, Thornton and Marleau have a no-movement clause (but not a no-trade clause) in their contract.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    According to a (outdated: from last season) list in "The Fourth Period" magazine, Thornton and Marleau have a no-movement clause (but not a no-trade clause) in their contract.
    A NMC means no movement period, including trades. It means they can't be sent to the AHL, waived, or traded without the player's consent. The only way out of it is a buyout (or the player's consent to move). A NTC is just for trades. A limited NTC/NMC usually involves the player only being able to give 5/10/20 (something random agreed upon at the signing) teams they will not accept a trade to.

A NMC means no movement period, including trades. It means they can't be sent to the AHL, waived, or traded without the player's consent. The only way out of it is a buyout (or the player's consent to move). A NTC is just for trades. A limited NTC/NMC usually involves the player only being able to give 5/10/20 (something random agreed upon at the signing) teams they will not accept a trade to.
    Ah! I understand now. The no-movement clause basically has the no-trade clause already included. It does protect from any transfer, not only from a trade.
    Not sure why I didn't notice the difference. It seems so obvious.
    Thank you for clarification.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Any time, new friend to the NHL thread Between the 10-20 (how many is it, does anyone keep track) regulars we have in this thread, there is an absurdly large wealth of knowledge about the NHL, including things done off the ice.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pittsburgh gettin fucked again early, wish Gamecenter would show me CBC intermission instead of NBC though, CBC's online stream is brutal :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Baseball is one of my favourites to watch during the summer, just for that reason. Have some beers, eat some barbecue, get drowsy in front of the game on TV and just conk out for an hour or two.
    Baseball is a wonderful change of pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Pittsburgh gettin fucked again early, wish Gamecenter would show me CBC intermission instead of NBC though, CBC's online stream is brutal :\
    That won't change. CBC is shuttering their nhl division in a few years.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    That won't change. CBC is shuttering their nhl division in a few years.
    This is the last year of their contract actually. Rogers will take over Hockey Night in Canada IIRC next season for the next 12 years with that deal they signed earlier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Baseball is a wonderful change of pace.
    If baseball put like a limit on time a pitcher/batter can sit there and jack around the game would be a lot better imo <.<

Gooo wild! And good luck chicago :P I don't hate the blackhawks like I hate the Bears and the white sox.

- - - Updated - - -

Overtime for NYR and Pitt!
    You're a towel.

I still don't understand why the picked George Strombolopoulos of all people to be the guy. Has anyone ever watched his show? The guy is intelligent, but not built for that kind of tv. On the bright side, probably no more Glenn Healy? /fingerscrossed

Deleted
    I root for Montreal because of Lars Eller but i think Bruins is to strong a team during 7 games. The games start around 01.05 but i'l manage.

I really dislike marchand from the Boston Bruins. Futhermore i did not like how the bruins players were talking to Subban about hitting him. Seemed classless.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't understand why the picked George Strombolopoulos of all people to be the guy. Has anyone ever watched his show? The guy is intelligent, but not built for that kind of tv. On the bright side, probably no more Glenn Healy? /fingerscrossed
    I'll reserve judgement until he actually gets going, you never know. Also I hope to god Rogers fires some of those fucking idiots they have like Kypreos, McLean, well..everyone on Sportsnet actually. Fucking horrid analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Square peg round hole. Torts did not fit in Vancouver and to sit here saying that it's the team's fault that he couldn't adapt to their personnel is hysterical. He's a great coach for a team of grinders and big bodies that want to sacrifice their bodies in a 2-1 win from trash goals, but that isn't what the Canucks roster is made out of. If he could have an expansion draft reset and pick his roster I'm sure they'd be a fine team. As it stands he simply slammed the door shut on the Canucks hopes for a cup with this group with his decisions and attitude.
    The Canucks roster is made up of guys who literally stop trying the second they hit the playoffs, like someone in accounting royally fucked up and they're the only team not getting paid for post-season games. Their hopes for a Cup were dashed in that chokejob in the finals, and the entire team has been listlessly drifting about ever since, just waiting for contracts to expire or their GM to get high off exhaust fumes and trade them away for Jacob Markstrom.

Take the Sedins, for example. The last two playoffs, they've combined for an astounding 13 points. Kesler has 5. How are you going to win the Stanley Cup when three of your top players can't put up more points than penalty minutes? And that's the best Vancouver has to offer. Look through the stats for the rest of the roster, I dare you. Spoiler alert: You'll never see more 0s through 3s in your entire life.

The Canucks aren't made of anything right now. They have zero leadership which is why they brought Linden back in, but worse than that is the apathy. It wasn't that blocking shots or playing a grindy game was too hard, but that they just didn't care to do it, like they just haven't cared in the past three years to do much of anything. They need to make a huge change on the ground level, which means losing a lot of dead weight we thought would be our franchise players, but when you have a gigantic collapse like this over a period of years, there is no one left to blame but the players. Torts did what he could, and if they'd listened to him we might see a slightly different playoff picture, but he was set up to fail with this group of young go-getters. Sometimes your Hail Marys don't work.

What a bizarre sequence of events to end the Rangers/Pens game. This Blackhawks game has been kinda boring so far (IMO, don't hate me, Stommped ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    This is the last year of their contract actually. Rogers will take over Hockey Night in Canada IIRC next season for the next 12 years with that deal they signed earlier.
    It is the government, I've never seen our government move quickly for anything. Unless you owe them money, then they move heaven and hell to get it.

Ok, Kane's first goal was just ridiculous.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just got home from the game. I was sitting right behind the goal when Kane scored with the roofer, just insane skill. I need to look the extended stats tomorrow and try and figure out why we got out shot by 10

10+ Year Old Account
    meh it really came down to goaltending. And I am not talking shit to Chicago, they had some good plays as well.

- - - Updated - - -

The bar I was at exploded when we tied it, then completely deflated two minutes later when we gave up the lead. But that has been the wild postseason. Victory followed by defeat, over and over, it is like it never ends. We will probably win game 2 just to keep it up,
    You're a towel.