15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Shame the Wings passed round 1. Yuck.
    Also, that Howard dive in the end of P2.
    because the ducks totally werent diving the entire series.

---------- Post added 2013-05-13 at 07:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    Chicago vs Minnesota - Chicago
    Anaheim vs Detroit - Detroit
    Vancouver vs San Jose - the battle of the chokers...ill take Vancouver
    St Louis vs LA - LA

Pittsburgh vs Islanders - Pitt
    Montreal vs Ottawa - Montreal
    Washington vs Rangers - Rangers
    Boston vs Toronto - Toronto
    so i didnt pick games but so far im 3/4 west and 1/2 east with two undecided.

for the WCSF ill go
    Detroit Vs Chicago - My Heart says LGRW in this one, however my brain says - Chicago in 6.
    LA Vs SJ - LA in 5

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Chicago in 6

LA in 5

San Jose will fail again once they aren't playing someone worse at crapping out than they are. I just don't think Detroit has enough uumph across the board to stay with Chicago.

Toronto/Boston game seven. Toss up. Boston looks like they are holding on for dear life, but its Toronto they can't really be that good can they?
    Boston can't hit the broad side of a barn right now and Reimer has out played Rask in net. The Leafs offensively are not taking chances against Boston, they know the Boston forwards can skate well so they aren't making risk plays that will cause turnovers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I'd like the Rangers to win tonight. Leafs vs Rangers would be a good series.
    Agreed, I think the Rangers and Leafs would have a great series. They games they played this season were well fought on both sides. And watching Reimer and Lundqvist playing like Gods in the goal is always a treat.

I was really hoping the Bruins would put this series away before now... I'm not optimistic at all about tonight. Boston has sucked all season when playing three games in four nights. Toronto's younger, and I honestly don't like Boston's chances in this game. As Claude said after last nights game, we really are a Jekyll and Hyde team. We can look unbeatable some nights, and then play awful the next. Just have to hope the good side comes out tonight.

I'm starting to wonder how much of this whole Jekyll and Hyde thing is the players, and how much it's Julien just not being able to press the right buttons. I mean, if it's not for Thomas being near godlike in '11, we don't win the cup. That's not recipe for consistently winning. Rask has been fantastic this series, but our goal scoring problems are cropping up again. That mixed with our defensive misplays the past few games is not a good combination. I'm starting to think we need to bring in some fresh blood for coaching. Idk if the guys have just gotten too comfortable under Julien, or if he just can't win without a ridiculous goalie hot streak. His defensive minded system seems to be stifling Seguin to some extent. I can't help but think his development is being hindered in part by Julien.

I also feel it was a mistake trying to keep the whole band together after the cup run. Everyone except for Jagr, Rask, and Hamilton/Redden/Bartkowski was a starter for the cup run. Ever since then, they've just never been able to dominate consistently. They have these runs of domination like the beginning of this season, and November of last season, then they just seem to fall apart. They can't keep it going for some reason. It's really frustrating as a fan to see how good the team can play when they're firing on all cylinders, and just not seeing it consistently, especially in the playoffs when it matters.

Jagr has been awful this series. I'm starting to think it's because he's on the third line. I mean, last night he took the puck into the zone by himself, had four Leafs on him, and just wouldn't pass the puck. I feel like he's gotten to the point where he doesn't trust Kelly and Peverley to do anything, so he just tries to do everything himself. I'd like to see him on the line with Bergeron and Marchand, drop Seguin down to play with Kelly and Peverley. We saw some great chemistry between Jagr and Marchand in a couple games in the regular season when Bergeron is hurt. And the demotion may light a fire under Seguin to get him to finally find the back of the net. That whole line has had their chances and just can't bury the puck, it's time to shake it up somewhat.

I'm guessing this is another tight game, and it's honestly a coin flip. It all depends what Bruins team shows up to play tonight. Based on their history this season, I'm not optimistic. But, I have to hope that they'll recognize the importance of this game and come out strong. I just haven't seen enough consistency from them to trust that they will...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have Boston and Washington winning tonight, assuming the Caps aren't at a man disadvantage 5 more times than the Rangers like yesterday.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I was really hoping the Bruins would put this series away before now... I'm not optimistic at all about tonight. Boston has sucked all season when playing three games in four nights. Toronto's younger, and I honestly don't like Boston's chances in this game. As Claude said after last nights game, we really are a Jekyll and Hyde team. We can look unbeatable some nights, and then play awful the next. Just have to hope the good side comes out tonight.

I'm starting to wonder how much of this whole Jekyll and Hyde thing is the players, and how much it's Julien just not being able to press the right buttons. I mean, if it's not for Thomas being near godlike in '11, we don't win the cup. That's not recipe for consistently winning. Rask has been fantastic this series, but our goal scoring problems are cropping up again. That mixed with our defensive misplays the past few games is not a good combination. I'm starting to think we need to bring in some fresh blood for coaching. Idk if the guys have just gotten too comfortable under Julien, or if he just can't win without a ridiculous goalie hot streak. His defensive minded system seems to be stifling Seguin to some extent. I can't help but think his development is being hindered in part by Julien.

I also feel it was a mistake trying to keep the whole band together after the cup run. Everyone except for Jagr, Rask, and Hamilton/Redden/Bartkowski was a starter for the cup run. Ever since then, they've just never been able to dominate consistently. They have these runs of domination like the beginning of this season, and November of last season, then they just seem to fall apart. They can't keep it going for some reason. It's really frustrating as a fan to see how good the team can play when they're firing on all cylinders, and just not seeing it consistently, especially in the playoffs when it matters.

Jagr has been awful this series. I'm starting to think it's because he's on the third line. I mean, last night he took the puck into the zone by himself, had four Leafs on him, and just wouldn't pass the puck. I feel like he's gotten to the point where he doesn't trust Kelly and Peverley to do anything, so he just tries to do everything himself. I'd like to see him on the line with Bergeron and Marchand, drop Seguin down to play with Kelly and Peverley. We saw some great chemistry between Jagr and Marchand in a couple games in the regular season when Bergeron is hurt. And the demotion may light a fire under Seguin to get him to finally find the back of the net. That whole line has had their chances and just can't bury the puck, it's time to shake it up somewhat.

I'm guessing this is another tight game, and it's honestly a coin flip. It all depends what Bruins team shows up to play tonight. Based on their history this season, I'm not optimistic. But, I have to hope that they'll recognize the importance of this game and come out strong. I just haven't seen enough consistency from them to trust that they will...
    Boston lacks secondary scoring, and Jagr reminds me of a younger Grabovski, he is a puck hog. I'd bench Jagr tonight if there is someone who can replace him, he just keeps getting muscled off the puck. I just don't think Jagr is right for this series, his legs aren't like they used to be and he plays like it's the 90's still.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-05-13 at 04:10 PM.

I don't think the Bruins lack secondary scoring at all - their best scoring line just hasn't found ways to get the puck in the net this series. The skill is most definitely there (Lucic/Krejci/Horton, Marchand/Bergeron/Seguin) on the top 2 lines, and their 4th line is probably the best 4th line in the East.

I think this falls solely on Julien's shoulders if the Leafs pull it out tonight. The guy has had numerous games to juggle the lines and see what works, and all I've seen all series is the same 4 lines time after time. Carlyle has shit all over him in terms of coaching. Maybe have Krejci and Bergeron alternate shifts between first/second lines. Maybe drop Seguin or Marchand down every other shift to 3rd line and put Jagr up one the second. They have last change at home, so there's no reason to not send out some mixed up lines in the offensive zone to try to get something going.

That being said, with the exception of Liles, who still scares the balls off me with his sloppiness, I've been really impressed with the Leafs' D the last two games, and Reimer has just been a monster. Rask has been standing on his head the last two games and has two losses. Speaks volumes to the effort Reimer has been putting up. O'Byrne has been solid as the #6 guy the last couple games.

Going to be crazy energy tonight. Super excited times!

I'm with Ottawa advancing to the finals. Against Chicago. Hm. Won't guess r2 until games tonight are played.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    I'm with Ottawa advancing to the finals. Against Chicago. Hm. Won't guess r2 until games tonight are played.
    I'd like that just so Alfredsson can have one last shot at it
    I remember it all too well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    I'd like that just so Alfredsson can have one last shot at it
    Every time Alfie has had a shot, the Leafs have been there to shit on his parade, aside from the year they played Anaheim for the Cup anyway, which was a year when the leafs missed the playoffs
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-05-13 at 05:38 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sens with Spezza could give the Leafs a run for their money imo. He probably won't be 100% the same but if he comes back and lights it up, Ottawa is going to be a scary team. Anderson is playing incredible and is fully capable of stealing 2-3 games of a series, they have the random community scoring to get it done too. As for tonight, if Seguin finds a way to score or at least get points, the Bruins will win. If the Leafs continue their tight defensive play they will win. Last night it seemed impossible for Boston to get anything to the net, just need to repeat that effort.

Leafs 3-2 OT
    Rangers 2-1

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spezza does not have a timeline for a return, and really, you would bump a guy down a roster spot or remove a player entirely for a guy who has been on the IR since early February? Consider who has been there to help Ottawa get as far as they have, it would be a huge slap in the face to break up that chemistry for one of their best players right now unless it's a win or die scenario. Best to make sure Spezza is healthy before putting him on the roster.

Boston lacks secondary scoring, and Jagr reminds me of a younger Grabovski, he is a puck hog. I'd bench Jagr tonight if there is someone who can replace him, he just keeps getting muscled off the puck. I just don't think Jagr is right for this series, his legs aren't like they used to be and he plays like it's the 90's still.
    Boston lacks primary scoring, their secondary scorers have spanked us during a couple of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Boston lacks primary scoring, their secondary scorers have spanked us during a couple of games.
    Wouldn't the absence of "primary scoring" mean that the "secondary scoring" is in fact, their "primary???"
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spezza does not have a timeline for a return, and really, you would bump a guy down a roster spot or remove a player entirely for a guy who has been on the IR since early February? Consider who has been there to help Ottawa get as far as they have, it would be a huge slap in the face to break up that chemistry for one of their best players right now unless it's a win or die scenario. Best to make sure Spezza is healthy before putting him on the roster.
    If he's healthy, I woulden't have any doubt putting him in. He's one of the best players on that team and a big part of their mini rebuild retooling they did a couple years ago.

edit: Can't wait for these games tonight, this Leafs/Bruins game is gonna be epic. Whole series has been amazing so far.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-05-13 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Wouldn't the absence of "primary scoring" mean that the "secondary scoring" is in fact, their "primary???"
    Primary scoring has always meant a teams top line/players to me.

If you have players like Gretzky, Lemieux, and Yzerman on your first line somehow not scoring a single goal in 6 games and Domi, McSorley, and Grimson putting up 5-10 points each in those same 6 games, nobody would call the latter your primary scorers.

Anyway, game's about to start!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go Leafs! Fitting that CBC plays a Metallica song before the game

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Which is a better problem to have, IMO. A team that can roll 4 lines is a much better playoff team than one that can't.
    I remember it all too well

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boston's announcer sound like he is having a brain anyeurism

10+ Year Old Account
    Rene Rancourt just butchered O'Canada. I've seen broken clocks with better timing.