I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    No. The Habs are! POW!

A+

Oh well, Habs are out. Tokarski played great and in the meantime it looks like Montreal has a great backup.

I wish Vanek turned out to be as advertised, he was certainly 'good' but he wasn't game changing. I doubt Montreal will even consider signing him when he goes to free agency. They will likely let Gionta go and Pacioretty will be the new captain. Most of their acquisitions were great, Weaver and Weise were beasts and Briere was amazing throughout the entire playoffs. I wish he got more ice time, but he's not the greatest in his own end.

Nobody expected Montreal to go this far, nor did anybody expect New York to go this far. In that respect the East is pretty fun to watch. I hope this is a good sign of things to come. Boston and Pittsburgh have been favorites for over 5 years, it would be nice to have other teams be consistently strong in the East. Not that I think Boston is becoming bad, more that other teams are gaining ground. Pitsburgh on the other hand looks like it's getting worse every year!

Well as much as I am usually opposed to rooting for any team out of NY, with Klein on the roster its probably going to be hard not too. Good luck to whomever wins it and I hope its a good series!

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    A+

Oh well, Habs are out. Tokarski played great and in the meantime it looks like Montreal has a great backup.

I wish Vanek turned out to be as advertised, he was certainly 'good' but he wasn't game changing. I doubt Montreal will even consider signing him when he goes to free agency. They will likely let Gionta go and Pacioretty will be the new captain. Most of their acquisitions were great, Weaver and Weise were beasts and Briere was amazing throughout the entire playoffs. I wish he got more ice time, but he's not the greatest in his own end.

Nobody expected Montreal to go this far, nor did anybody expect New York to go this far. In that respect the East is pretty fun to watch. I hope this is a good sign of things to come. Boston and Pittsburgh have been favorites for over 5 years, it would be nice to have other teams be consistently strong in the East. Not that I think Boston is becoming bad, more that other teams are gaining ground. Pitsburgh on the other hand looks like it's getting worse every year!
    Pittsburgh will be fine with better coaching. I mean, really, who would put Malkin and Crosby on the same line against a strong defensive team? Not really hard for AV to figure out when to put McDonaugh and Girardi on the ice.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is an amazing game on both sides right now & Chicago is definitely firing on all cylinders like they literally have nothing to lose!

Deleted
    Wooo! SJS signs Melker Karlsson. A very good sign for them! Also fun to have a Swede in the team I cheer for.

Jon Quick must drive a cab, the way the Kane line is beating him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Jon Quick must drive a cab, the way the Kane line is beating him.
    Hahaha! That 4-Letter Line is just doing amazing!!!! It's funny that it took this long to find that line combination they've been looking all year to achieve. Game 7 is going to be insane at the Madhouse on Sunday and the momentum is all in Chicago's favor!!!!!

I really don't know what to think of Game 7. In terms of resilience this is kind of like the Irresistible Force vs. the Immovable Object. No matter who wins this'll probably be the ballsiest SCF. Need the Quenneville gif for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    Hahaha! That 4-Letter Line is just doing amazing!!!! It's funny that it took this long to find that line combination they've been looking all year to achieve. Game 7 is going to be insane at the Madhouse on Sunday and the momentum is all in Chicago's favor!!!!!
    I wouldnt place bets based on that...momentum can change at the drop of a hat..just ask San Jose. But it will be an excellent game Im sure and the winner of it may as well just be given the Cup then

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Chicago ends up winning the cup. That means Toews will be bringing the cup back to Winnipeg. Then we can have a great block party and the Toews Community Centre. I used to work for his dad on the side.

Funny moment in the Hawk vs. Kings game.

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Gotta love when goalies talk crap to each other. I still haven't figured out what they can really get mad about with each other being they are never in range of each other. That video is even better when you imagine them fighting like 5 year olds " My Dad is stronger than your Dad".

10+ Year Old Account
    You know what this postseason needs? A Goalie fight! I got five on Quick!

- - - Updated - - -

(Joking about the wager)
    You're a towel.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Gotta love when goalies talk crap to each other. I still haven't figured out what they can really get mad about with each other being they are never in range of each other. That video is even better when you imagine them fighting like 5 year olds " My Dad is stronger than your Dad".
    I loved Crawford shakin the gloves he was ready to go

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These two teams are playing at such an insane level right now. It really looks like either one would be able to steamroll NY fairly easy, but as we all know it never works out like that. After 3 games LA looked like JV to San Jose's Varsity. Hank looks as determined as ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anything can happen in the playoffs but I really do have a hard time seeing NY beating either LA or CHI in a series let alone the Stanley Cup Final. I'm so fucking stoked for Sunday night!

10+ Year Old Account
    You fuckers need to stop counting my Rangers out! lol We beat Chicago twice this year! I am more scared of the Kings though.

Regular season wins don't always translate to playoff wins, Reg. You know better than that I would just play the Lundqvist card before anything else. Crawford and Quick have both looked shaky. Lundqvist (game 5 aside) looks like he was born to stop pucks with every part of his essence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Regular season wins don't always translate to playoff wins, Reg. You know better than that I would just play the Lundqvist card before anything else. Crawford and Quick have both looked shaky. Lundqvist (game 5 aside) looks like he was born to stop pucks with every part of his essence.
    Shhh! I have to convince myself!

Lundqvist saves Rhinos!

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel bad for LA, before the series started I picked MTRL and LA to win, and my predictions in hockey have literally been the exact oppositve of what actually happens.
    You're a towel.