Bieksa is unsatisfied with his life unless there are copious amounts of cocks in and around his mouth.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaani View Post
    The Canucks will make the Play-Offs in the upcoming season.
    That's a pretty bold statement O_o I don't think they're good enough to earn a top-3 spot in the Pacific, and there is going to be some heavy competition for the 3rd Central and 2 WC spots (IMO between Colorado, Minnesota, Dallas). I don't really see them as better than any of those 3 teams. Crazier things have happened, but I have them at 9th at best right now (and more realistically, probably 10th).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know who would replace any of those teams that finished top 8 in the West for 2013-2014. Wild and Stars were the worst teams and both of them got stronger with off season acquisitions. Canucks defense isn't good enough to handle any of the big forward lines of the California teams. Nashville and Phoenix were the 2 closest teams but does anyone have them better than either the Wild or Stars at this point? I think Vancouver will finish similar to where they did this year. Probably a bit higher because of Miller but still, they don't have the defense or depth to be a playoff team in the West imo.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2014-07-10 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    I don't even know who would replace any of those teams that finished top 8 in the West for 2013-2014. Wild and Stars were the worst teams and both of them got stronger with off season acquisitions. Canucks defense isn't good enough to handle any of the big forward lines of the California teams. Nashville and Phoenix were the 2 closest teams but does anyone have them better than either the Wild or Stars at this point? I think Vancouver will finish similar to where they did this year. Probably a bit higher because of Miller but still, they don't have the defense or depth to be a playoff team in the West imo.
    Depends if Suter gets injured and for how many games. Minnesota is done if he breaks a leg.
    Dallas is just a no.

The only way I see the Canucks maybe getting in is (as Greeney said) an injury to Suter, Colorado having an incredible collapse (like Leafs level), or Dallas shitting the bed instead of getting better. Even then, the Coyotes could surprise, Nashville could do well with a healthier team (but still no offense), and I wouldn't be surprised to see Calgary actually finish ahead of the Canucks. I say that with a straight face, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Cooke #1
    Torres #2
    Lapierre #3
    Burrows #4
    Avery #5
    (Dis?)Honourable Mentions: Chris Neil, Brad Marchand
    and here I am still hating Claude Lemieux and Ed Belfour, I feel so old

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always been Marchand and Hartnell for me. I am compelled to hate Marchand by blood and I just really never liked Scotty Hartnell.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and here I am still hating Claude Lemieux and Ed Belfour, I feel so old
    I was really only putting players from very recent memory in my last, but Claude Lemieux definitely deserves to be there. Why Belfour though?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    It's always been Marchand and Hartnell for me. I am compelled to hate Marchand by blood and I just really never liked Scotty Hartnell.
    Yeah, but that's just because Marchand us a divisional opponent. I can't see you hating him nearly as much if he's on a Western team.

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    That's a pretty bold statement O_o I don't think they're good enough to earn a top-3 spot in the Pacific, and there is going to be some heavy competition for the 3rd Central and 2 WC spots (IMO between Colorado, Minnesota, Dallas). I don't really see them as better than any of those 3 teams. Crazier things have happened, but I have them at 9th at best right now (and more realistically, probably 10th).
    Yes, it is a bold statement, and maybe I am a bit biased about all the recent things going on in the Canucks organization.
    But since Trevor Linden took over the business, the winds-of-change are blowing fiercely (in a positive way).

It's entirely possible that I am wrong, but I've a good feeling about the adjustments we see in Vancouver. If the players on the ice take over the enthusiasm and work-ethic from Linden, Benning and Desjardins, then they sure will make the Play-offs.
    Of course it remains to be seen if it will work out on the ice.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling,
    but in rising every time we fall."
    - Kong Fuzi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's more of a matter of the entire conference basically got stronger. They have absolutely no depth down the middle to compete with Anaheim, L.A., or San Jose. Henrik, Bonino, Matthias, Richardson, maybe Horvat isn't enough to compete with the likes of Getzlaf, Kesler, Kopitar, Thorton, Couture, Pavelski on the California teams. If Edler sucks again, their defense is really lacking. Bieksa is getting slow. Tanev and Hamhuis are nice but they're not top pairing material. More so 3rd-6th D slot. It really is just the skeleton of a contending team when you look at their depth chart. You got the Sedins which is good, Bonino is a solid addition as well as Vrbata. Other than those 4 players, Vancouver's forward core is pretty lack luster. They have a lot of 3rd/4th liners on their roster. Good goaltending will get them far but their forward group and defensemen will let them down I think.

If they were to make the playoffs, I think a bunch of hypotheticals would have to occur. First off, the Sisters would have to return to Hart Trophy caliber. 50 pts a piece isn't enough when they're your 2 best players. Hudler had more points than them, that shoulden't happen if you expect to be competitive. Burrows will have to stop being useless. 15 pts and 24 the previous season simply isn't good enough to be getting paid 4.5m. If he chips in 35-50 pts, then they'd have some actual second line threat. As is, when the Sedins aren't on the ice you really don't have to worry defensively vs Vancouver. And especially, Ryan Miller would have to have an above and beyond season, Vezina lockdown type season. Finally, I think there would have to be a pretty big collapse from Minnesota, Dallas, or even a team like the Blues. You're competing with the Central division most likely for the 2 Wildcard spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    its just that nobody seems real hate worthy these days

BESIDES COREY PERRY, FUCK YOU

so I cling to the old hates, and Belfour was a psycho, he would spear people in the groin and get drunk and fight cops, seriously fucking insane person, you never knew when he would flip out and just attack somebody... on either team

I think we have much more of shot at making it than people think. We were only 3 points out last season, and that's with Rinne being out 53 games and having some shaky back ups. Are we going to be competing with Chicago? No, but thats a different matter entirely.

I think Dallas is overrated tbh. Sure they got better on paper, but that defense is suspect, and Spezza and Hemsky have as much chance of being in the stands as they do on the ice. Minnesota is an injury to Suter away from being in serious trouble, the goaltending is iffy as well. Vancouver, well who knows what happens there. I think St. Loius will back slide a bit, although enough to get in the playoffs.

Yeah we are still iffy on scoring, but then again, we are going to be compeltely overhauling everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    its just that nobody seems real hate worthy these days

BESIDES COREY PERRY, FUCK YOU

so I cling to the old hates, and Belfour was a psycho, he would spear people in the groin and get drunk and fight cops, seriously fucking insane person, you never knew when he would flip out and just attack somebody... on either team

You think Belfour was bad?

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Cooke #1
    Torres #2
    Lapierre #3
    Burrows #4
    Avery #5
    (Dis?)Honourable Mentions: Chris Neil, Brad Marchand
    You forgot Steve Ott

It's more of a matter of the entire conference basically got stronger. They have absolutely no depth down the middle to compete with Anaheim, L.A., or San Jose. Henrik, Bonino, Matthias, Richardson, maybe Horvat isn't enough to compete with the likes of Getzlaf, Kesler, Kopitar, Thorton, Couture, Pavelski on the California teams. If Edler sucks again, their defense is really lacking. Bieksa is getting slow. Tanev and Hamhuis are nice but they're not top pairing material. More so 3rd-6th D slot. It really is just the skeleton of a contending team when you look at their depth chart. You got the Sedins which is good, Bonino is a solid addition as well as Vrbata. Other than those 4 players, Vancouver's forward core is pretty lack luster. They have a lot of 3rd/4th liners on their roster. Good goaltending will get them far but their forward group and defensemen will let them down I think.

If they were to make the playoffs, I think a bunch of hypotheticals would have to occur. First off, the Sisters would have to return to Hart Trophy caliber. 50 pts a piece isn't enough when they're your 2 best players. Hudler had more points than them, that shoulden't happen if you expect to be competitive. Burrows will have to stop being useless. 15 pts and 24 the previous season simply isn't good enough to be getting paid 4.5m. If he chips in 35-50 pts, then they'd have some actual second line threat. As is, when the Sedins aren't on the ice you really don't have to worry defensively vs Vancouver. And especially, Ryan Miller would have to have an above and beyond season, Vezina lockdown type season. Finally, I think there would have to be a pretty big collapse from Minnesota, Dallas, or even a team like the Blues. You're competing with the Central division most likely for the 2 Wildcard spots.
    What you are pointing out are very valid points, and I agree: it will be a tough run for the play-offs. But we're talking about the NHL here; many crazy things and miracles have happened in the leagues history. The Canucks 2014 / 2015 might just be such a mini-miracle (I know, that statement is a bit far stretched).

To the bold and underlined part in the quote, just to prevent a misunderstanding there: I am not a Canuck. My heart beats for the Montreal Canadiens (you know that awesome team that will win the Stanley Cup in 2015 *nods sagely*).
    But I do have a very huge interest in pretty much any NHL team from Canada, which is why I'd like to see some success for the Canucks (amongst others) next season.
    - Kong Fuzi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    What you are pointing out are very valid points, and I agree: it will be a tough run for the play-offs. But we're talking about the NHL here; many crazy things and miracles have happened in the leagues history. The Canucks 2014 / 2015 might just be such a mini-miracle (I know, that statement is a bit far stretched).

To the bold and underlined part in the quote, just to prevent a misunderstanding there: I am not a Canuck. My heart beats for the Montreal Canadiens (you know that awesome team that will win the Stanley Cup in 2015 *nods sagely*).
    But I do have a very huge interest in pretty much any NHL team from Canada, which is why I'd like to see some success for the Canucks (amongst others) next season.
    Even worse!

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...00-says-agent/

That's....sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    So what you're saying is that there's a chance?

ITSHAPPENING

10+ Year Old Account
    The Canucks 2014 / 2015 might just be such a mini-miracle (I know, that statement is a bit far stretched).
    you've gone from bold statement that they WILL make the playoff to far stretched miracle if they do, OK, I'm satisfied in your level of back-tracking

Sobotka probably feels kinda silly right now. 33 points career high, never played a full 82 game season... If he was being offered north of 3 (so probably 3.5?) per for 5 years, he should've taken it. Doubt he gets much more if he comes back after one season. Though on the flip side, he'll make way more in Russia because taxes.

you've gone from bold statement that they WILL make the playoff to far stretched miracle if they do, OK, I'm satisfied in your level of back-tracking
    Hehe, I see what you did there, but no; I think it is a bit far stretched to use the term mini-miracle on the Canucks.
    I am still positive about them reaching the play-offs.
    - Kong Fuzi