10+ Year Old Account
    Was in Wrigleyville right after the win, I watched one kid get hit over the head with like 3 beer bottles and stayed up, another kid got kicked in the face when he was down, half his face was busted up his ear bleeding everywhere. Some idiot tried coming through with a rickshaw, thing bottomed out in a second everyone tried getting on lmao. Back window of a cop car got bashed in and then they arrested the wrong guy lol... Was right at the clark and addison intersection, it was insane. Obviously there were the few people looking to make trouble but then it was mostly people just spraying beer and champagne and having a good time.. Oh and my dad went to the game, were not speaking to each other right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Stammergeddon might be starting already.

The Don Cherry comments on twitter have started the rumor mill fast and furious.

At this point its pretty laughable. Stamkos has basically done all but say I want to stay in Tampa. Which I can understand why he wouldn't its leverage for a better contract.

Do people really think that he isn't going to resign in Tampa? He wants to win and Tampa is one of the best choices for having a chance to win in the next few years (and maybe more if Yzerman can work some more magic cap wise).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say where the hell is he going to go? Due to the cap itself, no other team (other than the bottom feeders) are able to sign him. Maybe Ottawa or Nashville. That's about it.

Actually, now that I think of it. Winnipeg and Calgary both have cap space. Sure, either team would be willing to take Stammer.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    People would make room for him. Tampa will resign him to a similar contract that Kane/Toews got I imagine. He's one of those players that no matter what the deal was, one side would be getting ripped off. You have to overpay to get a superstar or he has to really want out of Tampa Bay and forces the GM's hand. I doubt that's the case though. Dumbasses making stupid rumours because the offseason is boring, yawn as heck.

Even for us we would probably need to get creative to fit it in for more than this season. Most of the roster this year is either RFA or FA, and guys like Forsberg and Jones are going to be due next season. Couple of guys are going to get decent raises and gotta figure Ribs might give us a favorable number, but certainly not the 1 mil from this past year.

Our cap isn't really an issue this year, but over the next year or two it could get rough. That's not to say that I don't think Poile would move someone to get him, it's just with a contract that big ( and keep in mind we already have Weber's too) it's going to sting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time to let the rumours fly. The Jets are one signing away from pretty much having the same team as last year, Stafford. Stafford genuinely liked playing here, so he is most likely to come back. We've got 12 D men under contract though. Some of them on the cheap. I can say Hello Sharp as we give two to Chicago.

10+ Year Old Account
    /rings bell

underachievers and [alleged] felons for sale!
    underachievers and [alleged] felons!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    /rings bell

underachievers and [alleged] felons for sale!
    underachievers and [alleged] felons!
    Don't even, Mike Richards might end up in Arizona because they are 17 million under the cap.

Just watched some of those Blackhawks cup rally/parade videos, holy shit at that crowd in Soldier Field. 10 years ago they could probably barely fill a bus with Blackhawks fans lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Just watched some of those Blackhawks cup rally/parade videos, holy shit at that crowd in Soldier Field. 10 years ago they could probably barely fill a bus with Blackhawks fans lol.
    From being ranked the worst sports franchise in North American sports, where the owner specifically told the GM not to win a Stanley Cup because it was too expensive, to this. Can't imagine ever seeing a turnaround quite like this in any sport for the rest of our lifetime.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I can see them resigning Richards to a smaller contract. He's still got Rangers money flowing in, plus if he does stay it'll be to win. I don't think he will care about money. I can see them trying to keep Saad if they move Sharp and let the others walk. You have an entire season to develop D. Hopefully they will be ready by the time they get to the playoffs.
    Experience is important though, letting triple Cup vets walk is a pretty hard pill to swallow. Blame Buttman for not raising the cap more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    From being ranked the worst sports franchise in North American sports, where the owner specifically told the GM not to win a Stanley Cup because it was too expensive, to this. Can't imagine ever seeing a turnaround quite like this in any sport for the rest of our lifetime.
    Holy fuck that sounds like the Leafs the last 50 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriedk View Post
    Looks like Stammergeddon might be starting already.

The Don Cherry comments on twitter have started the rumor mill fast and furious.

At this point its pretty laughable. Stamkos has basically done all but say I want to stay in Tampa. Which I can understand why he wouldn't its leverage for a better contract.

Do people really think that he isn't going to resign in Tampa? He wants to win and Tampa is one of the best choices for having a chance to win in the next few years (and maybe more if Yzerman can work some more magic cap wise).
    A lot of people think he might come home as a free agent if Toronto gets their shit together. Rumors are that Kessel could be going to the Blues for O'Reilly which means that there is an open spot on the wing of the first line, with JVR probably staying on board due to a reasonable contract value right now, Stamkos might actually fit into that rather nicely I think since he is more physical than Kessel is and the other two would be big body guys. I expect Bozak will get traded, Kadri will remain the 2nd line C in Toronto because he hasn't proven much other than inconsistency. Right now it is so hard to tell but building through drafting is what the Leafs need and getting picks for players seems to make more sense. Stamkos has one year left, but I doubt he comes to Toronto if they are still shit.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs would have to be pretty top tier for him to leave Tampa to join. And even then, he'll have to want to deal with the bullshit media there. Stamkos fits anywhere dude, he's either the most gifted goal scorer or the 2nd in this generation of hockey lol. Everyone else in the East is going to get better and better for the most part except like the Devils. I'd be surprised if Toronto even makes the playoffs next year but crazier things have happened.

15+ Year Old Account
    So here's some shocking news regarding Mike Ribeiro. Ironic, he plays for the "Predators".
    http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2015/6...ls-allegations

Quote Originally Posted by Knails View Post
    So here's some shocking news regarding Mike Ribeiro. Ironic, he plays for the "Predators".
    http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2015/6...ls-allegations
    Lets wait til it's proven before we get into the jokes and shit eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Lets wait til it's proven before we get into the jokes and shit eh?
    But....he was asking for it. *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    That and it's only a civil lawsuit and not a criminal. If there isn't a criminal it says that you're more interested in money than justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    That and it's only a civil lawsuit and not a criminal. If there isn't a criminal it says that you're more interested in money than justice.
    This is the only reason I am even skeptical on whether he did it or not, or at least to the degree that he is being accused of. She isn't after justice she is after money. He did all of this allegedly, but she still traveled to Washington with the family even though not going would have removed her from the situation. It's also odd that she didn't do anything until it came out about his drug/alcohol issues and things with his wife ( puts public opinion on her side).

I'm not saying he did or didn't do it, it's just there are a few things that make me question the motive. There have been just enough of these that turn out false that you can't just take things at face value.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if Poile doesn't back away from him completely because of it, or only offers him a very safe deal for the Preds.

Yay time for a bunch of dumb shit programming on TSN until the Draft.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    womans soccer bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    womans soccer bro
    don't hate, team canada's chicks are crushing
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.