B's choke for the second year in a row. And of course, rather than pointing out the absolutely terrible trades and giveaways this front office has executed over the past 3 seasons, it's going to probably be Claude that gets jettisoned over the summer.

Be prepared for a long and painful 'rebuild' of this dumpster fire of a team.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWzi...&nohtml5=False

this guy is unbelievable

edit: man this Philly game is massive right now

I know plenty of Leafs fans that will be spamming this in the next 3 weeks

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

I'm only going to do it once personally and I got Carolina #1, Oilers #2, Avalanche #3
    I ran the simulator 3 times and on the second attempt I got Calgary, Buffalo and Arizona. The first time the Leafs got the first overall pick, the third time made me want to throw a bus through the Oilers front office, with the Jets and Canucks following them up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    First round is set now

Central

1 Dallas vs. WC Minnesota

2 St. Louis vs. 3 Chicago

Pacific

1 Anaheim vs. WC Nashville

2 Los Angeles vs. 3 San Jose

Metropolitan

1 Washington vs. WC Philadelphia

2 Pittsburgh vs. 3 New York Rangers

Atlantic

1 Florida vs. WC New York Islanders

2 Tampa Bay vs. 3 Detroit

Any series catch peoples eye? Both central div series are gonna be excellent, the California one should be great too. Only series that isnt interesting to me is the LIGHTNING vs RED WINGS

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, here is what I got.

This year has a number of issues with it. Florida has the easiest pathway to the final. Washington won't make it out of the first round because Philly has always given them trouble. If Philly manages to roll over Washington, then they will beat the Pens and lose to Florida. The West was a harder choice to make out.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't made my picks yet, but it's going to be hard for me to pick against the Pens in the East, they've been so hot the past few weeks and it's been so long for them (relatively speaking). I actually like the Isles to beat the Panthers (still not a believer in them), but the bottom half of the East bracket is so weak, I easily would pick any of the 4 upper bracket East teams to beat any of the 4 bottom bracket teams.

No clue who's going to win the West, except I don't believe it will be either of the WC teams. Ducks, Blues, and Stars are all pretty hot, but it's hard to pick against the Hawks and Kings, they can flip the switch like nobody else come this time of year.

I was fiddling with the bracket last night, and I would say probably 8 of the 10 different scenarios I had come up with as being plausible had the Pens at least go to the ECF. They are looking disgusting of late. At the start of 2016 they were 18-19-4 with a -5 goal differential. Since that date, they went 30-7-4 with a +47 goal differential. They basically did what Washington was doing in the first 50 games, but did it in the last 40. For some more perspective, on January 1st, the Leafs were 5 points back of the Penguins. Seriously. It's a big reason why I'm having troubles picking the West, too - Anaheim has been filthy since they turned it around, but unlike in the East where the best team is just alone, there is still LA and Chicago to worry about.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    League Join League

Only problem is when people join and don't tell me who they are or what their name is. Which one of you Canadians is Muscle Moose?

I put my name down as Jotaux.

I am the Muscle Moose!

here's hoping the Kings do what the Kings do and that the Dallas Chicago season series is an indicator, fuckin' should be (4-1, +9).
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I think Dallas gets beat because I think in the playoffs that goaltending will get them beat. I have St. Louis finally getting over the hump that is Chicago and LA losing to Anaheim in the West. I hate picking against the Preds, but I just don't think we set up will against Anaheim. If we had ended up with LA I would have taken the Preds in that series ( Quick has a horrible record of like 4-8-2 or something against us).

In the East it's all about the top bracket. I have Washington winning the cup, but I'm not overly confident in that and wouldn't be shocked to see them and Dallas both go down in the first round.

I think the only way the Preds get out of the first round is if Peks turns into super Peks like has has for stretches in the past, and I don't really see that happening tbh.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dallas actually has the 2nd best odds in Vegas to win the cup at 6-1, that surprises me. I do have them in the WCF though, losing to Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Dallas actually has the 2nd best odds in Vegas to win the cup at 6-1, that surprises me. I do have them in the WCF though, losing to Anaheim
    I have Dallas losing to chicago in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I have Dallas losing to chicago in the second round.
    That'll require some playoff magic for sure. Dallas has had Chicago's number all year.

I have Dallas losing SCF to Pens.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    That'll require some playoff magic for sure. Dallas has had Chicago's number all year.
    Well, I am expecting some "magic" from the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Well, I am expecting some "magic" from the league.
    I'm expecting Dallas to make it to the WCF so I can get my goddamn extra first round pick!

I don't see it, I have Dallas losing in the second round.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I don't see it, I have Dallas losing in the second round.
    In my mind it depends how badly each team gets banged up in round 1. The Wild are like the perennial first-and-out teams imo. Sneaking into the playoffs and getting dumped in the first round. STL and CHI though, that's a big fuckin' team in STL. With Keith missing game 1 in STL, it could be a rough series for Chicago. I think they'll pull it off, but not without some bruises. Crawford is still a bit questionable also after his injury and getting lit up against CBJ. While Kane has had a ridiculous season, Jamie Benn quietly snuck into the #2 spot in scoring this season. If DAL can get Seguin back and healthy for round 2, that'll be another factor.

All I'm seeing right now is that head to head Dallas has dominated Chicago all year (2-0 +7 in March) and in all likelihood will get through round 1 a lot easier than Chicago will.

But who knows, I blew ass last year in this bracket thingy. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    League Join League

Only problem is when people join and don't tell me who they are or what their name is. Which one of you Canadians is Muscle Moose?
    Assuming mine is pretty clear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Power Metal and I intend to be wrong in every one of my picks but this is the Blues year!