Looks like Leafs traded Froese and a 2nd for Brian Boyle. Our Centre depth now consists of Matthews, Kadri, Nylander (might be moved there next year), Bozak, Boyle, Gauther, Smith... Sure beats a couple of years ago when it was just Kadri & Bozak. I like Boyle from what I've seen of him on NYR and TBL but rather have not traded the 2nd away with a scouting team that can actually find talent beyond the first round in the draft now.

If we could only get a top pairing RHD soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Meaning you don't think he's that good, or you think everyone realizes how awesome he is? Because the last page had a lot of posts talking about the Hawks future and about their core and not one mentioned the 25 year old budding star that is the Breadman. It was Toews who made the All Star team, not Panarin. That seems pretty underrated to me.
    I'm certain everyone realizes how good he is, even if a couple people on this site choose the captain and a player who will overshadow just about anyone aside from Crosby, McDavid, and Ovechkin when listing a couple examples out of the core. The user you responded to didn't mention Crawford either (who I'd place above Seabrook on the importance chart). Toews only made the All Star Team this year because of name recognition and the fact that he was on that 100 Greatest Players thing the NHL insisted on doing. Panarin won the calder last year over guys like McDavid, Ghostbear, and Eichel; we all remember. Those users were also discussing the past along with the future, and the players they listed were all part of the Hawks that won several cups with the team when referring to the team as a dynasty. I'm not sure why Seabrook was mentioned over Panarin or Crawford, but as long as Toews and Kane are with Chicago they will overshadow everyone else (besides maybe Keith) when people mention the core of the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canucks manage to actually make a good move at the trade deadline for once, picking up Dahlen for Burrows. It feels a little sad every time a piece of the 2011 team moves on, but I hope Burrows helps OTT make a good run this year.

I don't know a lot about Dahlen other than seeing him play for SWE at the world juniors where he looked pretty solid. Hopefully its a move that pans out, lord knows Vancouver needs some offensive potency even if its a couple of years down the line. Betting on a 19 year old is always a little scary, but Burr needed to move before the expansion draft. At least we got something for him cough cough Vrbata cough Hamhuis cough cough.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Canucks manage to actually make a good move at the trade deadline for once, picking up Dahlen for Burrows. It feels a little sad every time a piece of the 2011 team moves on, but I hope Burrows helps OTT make a good run this year.

I don't know a lot about Dahlen other than seeing him play for SWE at the world juniors where he looked pretty solid. Hopefully its a move that pans out, lord knows Vancouver needs some offensive potency even if its a couple of years down the line. Betting on a 19 year old is always a little scary, but Burr needed to move before the expansion draft. At least we got something for him cough cough Vrbata cough Hamhuis cough cough.
    Ottawa will do what they always do every year at playoff time, the Senators always choke. They are worse than the Sharks...

Meaning you don't think he's that good, or you think everyone realizes how awesome he is? Because the last page had a lot of posts talking about the Hawks future and about their core and not one mentioned the 25 year old budding star that is the Breadman. It was Toews who made the All Star team, not Panarin. That seems pretty underrated to me.
    That would be because he is new on the scene essentially. He's been an addition to the core, but wasn't really around when the team started winning cups. When people think of the core of Chicago they tend to think of Toew's, Kane, Keith, Crawford, Hossa, and Seabrook. Panarin is good player, and people realize that, but he wasn't around when yall won any of the cups, so for most people he isn't part of that core yet when they think of the team.

He's not underrated, he's just hasn't been around long enough for him to come to mind compared to other players on the team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shattenkirk to the Caps? If they don't win this year, will they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    At a certain point you can only have so many good players and not win it. Short of something crazy happening like Holtby going down, if they don't win it they may hang Trotzy by his toes.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    They really have a small window right now, and will probably run into Pittsburgh, which would be the series to watch out of the east. When you look at the conference, for as mediocre as so many teams are, there is a lot of parity in that as well. Sure, there are essentially 3 or 4 really good teams, but some of the others might surprise in the playoffs.

As a Leafs fan, I have no illusions of our chances in the playoffs, but we have a shot at getting in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dregs said on radio that a source in the Kings said they weren't sure if getting Quick to come back this early was a good idea. That the Bishop deal was basically a stop gap for the remainder of the year. Let Quick actually get healthy and run with a goaltender that is of similar caliber in Bishop.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    At a certain point you can only have so many good players and not win it. Short of something crazy happening like Holtby going down, if they don't win it they may hang Trotzy by his toes.
    I thought the Caps were a lock to win it last year. I love them but they are what they are: choking dogs.

If they don't win it all this year I fire everyone and start completely over from scratch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    They really have a small window right now, and will probably run into Pittsburgh, which would be the series to watch out of the east. When you look at the conference, for as mediocre as so many teams are, there is a lot of parity in that as well. Sure, there are essentially 3 or 4 really good teams, but some of the others might surprise in the playoffs.

As a Leafs fan, I have no illusions of our chances in the playoffs, but we have a shot at getting in.
    The Pens are our nemesis. Have been forever basically. If we get past them, we cruise to the Cup.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the Lightning and the Blues are sellers, and the Leafs are buyers... what a year

So the Lightning and the Blues are sellers, and the Leafs are buyers... what a year
    Kind of what the salary cap is supposed to do, even things out over time.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't say that the Leafs are buyers. They got rid of a guy who hasn't made good on his opportunities in the NHL for a guy who gives them a lot of depth up the middle, and they should be able to sign him assuming they can actually make some noise in the playoffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I guess Dean Lombardi has lost his mind.

Worse still, long time Kings announcer Bob Miller is holding a press conference on Thursday. He's been dealing with major health issues and this probably will be his retirement announcement. Both Vinny and Bob stepping down within a few months of each other.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that's too bad, Miller is a legend

That stinks.

On a great note for us Forsberg is out of his mind right now. 10g and 14 points in his last 6 games. Got the game tying and game winner in OT tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    That stinks.

On a great note for us Forsberg is out of his mind right now. 10g and 14 points in his last 6 games. Got the game tying and game winner in OT tonight.
    I still can't believe the Caps traded him for Martin fucking Erat. To this day that trade haunts me and keeps me up at night.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I still can't believe the Caps traded him for Martin fucking Erat. To this day that trade haunts me and keeps me up at night.
    Just to add insult to injury ( I really do like the Caps, Trotz and all), his scoring pace for the last 5 games hasn't been done since Bure in 2001.

Sadly all of this is tempered by Rinne sucking balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Martin Hanzal and Ryan White to the Wild for a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder, and conditional pick that could be another 2nd rounder. This seems like a massive overpay to me? I'll be honest I don't even know who the fuck Ryan White is.
    It seems like a bit of an overpay until you consider how massively deep the Wild's prospect pool currently is. They don't really need those picks especially in a weak draft year where they won't be anywhere close to getting the no.1 pick anyways. They're making a run for the cup this year and both Hanzal and White brings a little something to their current roster.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The result of a selfish GM being on a short leash, but at the same rate Forsberg should have gone top 5 in that draft (I remember them constantly talking about him) and should have never fallen to 11.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another hatty for Kane and he can't even get #1 star. Also the Panik goal