10+ Year Old Account
    Hawks need to be better at protecting their own net

---------- Post added 2012-01-11 at 03:51 AM ----------

Hatty for Stalberg

10+ Year Old Account
    Man Stalberg has got to LOVE playing against CBJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Man Stalberg has got to LOVE playing against CBJ.
    7 goals against them for him i think? Yea he loves it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully I missed the Isles vs Wings game, with us not having Datsyuk and starting Conklin, I'm not surprised we lost, I'm surprised we got routed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    There's your problem. I haven't heard about Crosby or his injury for a good two weeks now.
    you just ruined it....DAMN YOU

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3cV688Fi-g Winning clip. Let's go Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawks! WUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUU!

15+ Year Old Account
    Detroit hasn't beat the Islanders in regulation since November 2003. WTF. I guess that is the secret to the Red Wings finally missing the playoffs and the Islanders finally being good. They just need to play the Wings ~40 times per season.

Glad I was raiding and missed that game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Thankfully I missed the Isles vs Wings game, with us not having Datsyuk and starting Conklin, I'm not surprised we lost, I'm surprised we got routed.
    to be fair, Conklin was fine. the Defense lost this game. had we started Howie the final score would have been 4-1.

15+ Year Old Account
    That time I said Towes deserved to be the Selke over Datsyuk at this point, ya I take that back. Was poking around on behindthenet.ca looking at Quality of Competition and ya wow, Towes is terrible. His QualC is .046. Datsyuk's is .098. Towes is 9th on his own team, significantly behind Dave Bolland (.102). Top forward in the league, having played significant games (25+), is Brooks Laich at a damn good .147. Datsyuk ranks 25th in the NHL, third on the Wings behind Filps(.115!) and Hank, for QualComp. Towes is 89th.

Best guy for Quality of Teammates on the ice with him, never would have guessed this, Thomas Flesichmann for Florida. Flesichmann, Versteeg, and Weiss are the top 3 QualT forwards in the NHL. Probably skewed by how hilariously bad the rest of the team is. Their 106 combined points is more than pretty much everyone else on the team excluding Brain Campbell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    That time I said Towes deserved to be the Selke over Datsyuk at this point, ya I take that back. Was poking around on behindthenet.ca looking at Quality of Competition and ya wow, Towes is terrible. His QualC is .046. Datsyuk's is .098. Towes is 9th on his own team, significantly behind Dave Bolland (.102). Top forward in the league, having played significant games (25+), is Brooks Laich at a damn good .147. Datsyuk ranks 25th in the NHL, third on the Wings behind Filps(.115!) and Hank, for QualComp. Towes is 89th.

Best guy for Quality of Teammates on the ice with him, never would have guessed this, Thomas Flesichmann for Florida. Flesichmann, Versteeg, and Weiss are the top 3 QualT forwards in the NHL. Probably skewed by how hilariously bad the rest of the team is. Their 106 combined points is more than pretty much everyone else on the team excluding Brain Campbell.
    Toews for Hart bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    Toews for Hart bro.
    He'll make good competition but I think the Hart goes to Giroux considering everything that has gone with Philly over the past ~6months.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Toews for Hart bro.
    GLWT Giroux is sprinting away with that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Toews for Hart bro.
    Toews is the 3rd-4th best player on his own team this season. Hossa has been fantastic. Seabrook has been the lone bright spot in a horrible defense. I'd even put Sharp above him. Not saying Towes isn't good, he is great, but he probably isn't a top 25 Hart candidate in my book.

15+ Year Old Account
    toews is the 3rd-4th best player on his own team this season. Hossa has been fantastic. Seabrook has been the lone bright spot in a horrible defense. I'd even put sharp above him. Not saying towes isn't good, he is great, but he probably isn't a top 25 hart candidate in my book.
    jimmah for hart!

10+ Year Old Account
    Toews is the 3rd-4th best player on his own team this season. Hossa has been fantastic. Seabrook has been the lone bright spot in a horrible defense. I'd even put Sharp above him. Not saying Towes isn't good, he is great, but he probably isn't a top 25 Hart candidate in my book.
    Strongly disagree. Toews is Mr. Everything for the Chicago Blackhawks. He is an excellent leader and teammate. He leads by example. He is the top faceoff man in the league, which is an extremely important part of the game. He leads the team in goals with 22 and is 2nd on the team in points behind Hossa. He plays 20+ minutes per game as a forward. He plays every part of the game well. Soaks up minutes on the PK and PP.

He is a tireless work horse, with surprisingly great strength and poise. This man is a top 3 Hart candidate if not the winner. If you watch the Blackhawks play a few games you'll see just how awesome it is to have the privilege of watching this man play hockey. I'm almost 25 years old and I've seen a lot of great hockey in my lifetime and I think this guy is one of the best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Strongly disagree. Toews is Mr. Everything for the Chicago Blackhawks. He is an excellent leader and teammate. He leads by example. He is the top faceoff man in the league, which is an extremely important part of the game. He leads the team in goals with 22 and is 2nd on the team in points behind Hossa. He plays 20+ minutes per game as a forward. He plays every part of the game well. Soaks up minutes on the PK and PP.

He is a tireless work horse, with surprisingly great strength and poise. This man is a top 3 Hart candidate if not the winner. If you watch the Blackhawks play a few games you'll see just how awesome it is to have the privilege of watching this man play hockey. I'm almost 25 years old and I've seen a lot of great hockey in my lifetime and I think this guy is one of the best.
    he has less Hits, Blocked Shots, and Takeaways than Datsyuk, while playing more games, and 3 more minutes per game. the only stats he is beating Datsyuk in is shot % and face off win %. i think Datsyuk has him beat out for the Selke, as for the Hart, im sticking to Giroux.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    GLWT Giroux is sprinting away with that.
    Giroux isn't even in the top 5 anymore, he has been stuck at 18 for a while now due to IR. Even Lupul passed him, Giroux is tied for 8th overall in scoring with 18 goals, Kessel is alone in second with 24 while Stamkos leads with 29. There is still plenty left in this season though, if Stamkos hits a drought the next guy in line is Kessel :P I'd honestly enjoy seeing Kessel get the Hart Trophy just because I don't think anyone in Toronto has won it since the Original Six days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Giroux isn't even in the top 5 anymore, he has been stuck at 18 for a while now due to IR. Even Lupul passed him, Giroux is tied for 8th overall in scoring with 18 goals, Kessel is alone in second with 24 while Stamkos leads with 29. There is still plenty left in this season though, if Stamkos hits a drought the next guy in line is Kessel :P I'd honestly enjoy seeing Kessel get the Hart Trophy just because I don't think anyone in Toronto has won it since the Original Six days.
    Nah, last winner was Ted Kennedy back in 1955. Not the senator btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivenda View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3cV688Fi-g Winning clip. Let's go Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawks! WUUUUUUUUUUHUUUUUUUUUU!

Haha Boss clip. Time to troll some Canuck fan friends of mine

That is a pretty badass goal song.

Still think this is better though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkrr...eature=related