So... anyone else super worried the Pens miss the playoffs, win the lottery, and Edmonton gets McJesus and also the #4 (probably Hafinin.. Hanifin? I don't know how to spell it).

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    So... anyone else super worried the Pens miss the playoffs, win the lottery, and Edmonton gets McJesus and also the #4 (probably Hafinin.. Hanifin? I don't know how to spell it).
    No, I would just laugh REALLY hard. Trading Perron for McDavid (McJesus is a great nickname). No offense to ANY Edmonton fans but he if goes there it will be just like the other #1 picks they got recently. Loads of talent and can't do anything with it...plus Edmonton really needs to draft good defensemen.

Not feeling to great about Detroit over here though. Barely coming back against Carolina last night and Pittsburgh had one job and fucked that up. Detroit needs to get just ANYTHING against Montreal which has been non-existent the last two years. REALLY need Boston to lose to the Caps tonight though....

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Thursday nerd, not friday, don't miss it!

I'm gonna trawl kijiji for tickets I think.
    where do we even get playoff tickets anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    where do we even get playoff tickets anyways
    pray to fuck that ticketmaster doesn't get hammered lol. kijiji/stubhub/uberseat/etc. are usually ok, but you're gonna be paying a bit more (which is fucky since people shouldn't be selling above face value).

I got tickets for the kings game though, fuckin stoked.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Well Minny is sitting half the team it looks like tonight, even Dubs. This means we loose, badly

( I really wish I was joking)

Rangers are sitting Nash, Zucs and Staal... This is clearly the Rangers' way of saying fuck you to Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston, and the Islanders... odds are they still manhandle the Sens, though.

Well we are apparently sitting Fisher which means the second line will do nothing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Boston really is going to miss the playoffs

Well, the Pens need to get 2 points in their last 2 games. If Boston beats Tampa on Saturday in regulation, and Pittsburgh only gets 1 point out of the Islanders and Philly (how much you want to bet Philly gets up for this game), they would be tied, with Boston holding the season series tiebreaker. If they only manage a SO win, Pittsburgh only needs that 1 point to tie but have the ROW tiebreaker.

If Calgary wins in regulation tonight, fuck you LA. And sorry to draynay in that case.

Leafs are locked in at a 9.5% chance of McJesus. Being a Leafs fan, I am of course prepared for every other team below them to win the lottery, the Leafs to end up drafting Crouse, and to hang myself because of this.... after shooting myself.. in the dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yaay we won with backups!
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    The question is whether Hawks will beat you in 5 or 6 games, i'l say 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Wow Boston really is going to miss the playoffs
    Seems that way, doesn't it? I think I'd rather see them miss it and make some changes (good ones) in the off season than squeak in and get crushed in the first round. Ottawa has been playing like madmen, and deserve 8th anyhow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my city is pumping tonight. Our downtown area has become one big party zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    The question is whether Hawks will beat you in 5 or 6 games, i'l say 5.
    Maybe? :P We've been pretty good the last few weeks of the season really. Chicago is usually our nemesis though so who knows. And we aren't even in line to play them at the moment sooo...

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the wild tied the record for most road wins in a row tonight. Can break it on sunday!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dynasty teams aren't sentimental, when a player can't contribute worth his salary, he needs to depart, regardless of past contributions.

I knew it was a bad sign when they didn't buyout Richards, that was a lot of wasted cap space that could've made for a more competitive team.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I hate being right.

That game is typcial of the last 4-5. Get up by 2, then give up 2 quick ones in the second, dominate the third and still find a way to lose.

As good as Pekka was at the start of the season, he is that bad now. He's 6'5" playing like he is 5'10".

Franson and Santo are the single worst trade in team history, and thats saying something. We would of been better off as a team without them.

The coaching staff, well I'm not sure what they are doing. D is playing mediocre, but instead of sitting Franson and playing Bartley or Volchenkov who would allow everyone else to play better on their correct hand, they just keep trying to fit a square peg in a very round hole. Our PP has been a joke for most of the season, they've done little to adjust it, and the fix is too put two of the best PP D men in the league on the second unit where they get far less time. If you have Weber and Josi you would have them on the second unit right?

I guess the one bright spot was the signing of Moses today, maybe will help the sting of Vessey not signing next year.

Oh and Josi has surpassed Weber as the best D man on the team, and that's not an opinion, its pretty much a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Oh my city is pumping tonight. Our downtown area has become one big party zone.
    Same here after last night's game. Just a steady stream of people walking from the dome to 17th Ave/Downtown lol. Fuckin so happy I got to see that game last night against the Kings. Though it wasn't quite as much of a battle as I was expecting, the Kings just seemed flat. Aside from like a 3 or 4 minute push in the 3rd period, there was just nothing from them all game. Much to the dismay of the loud ass Kings fans sitting behind me who didn't shut the fuck up all through the first period about how they were gonna win and that Flames fans are stupid. I love hubris.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Same here after last night's game. Just a steady stream of people walking from the dome to 17th Ave/Downtown lol. Fuckin so happy I got to see that game last night against the Kings. Though it wasn't quite as much of a battle as I was expecting, the Kings just seemed flat. Aside from like a 3 or 4 minute push in the 3rd period, there was just nothing from them all game. Much to the dismay of the loud ass Kings fans sitting behind me who didn't shut the fuck up all through the first period about how they were gonna win and that Flames fans are stupid. I love hubris.
    got last minute tix in my friends companies box. still went to work today. NO REGRETS FUCK THE KINGS!

Deleted
    Epic moment. Disallowed goal by pens and 10 sec later bam.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I hate being right.

That game is typcial of the last 4-5. Get up by 2, then give up 2 quick ones in the second, dominate the third and still find a way to lose.

As good as Pekka was at the start of the season, he is that bad now. He's 6'5" playing like he is 5'10".

Franson and Santo are the single worst trade in team history, and thats saying something. We would of been better off as a team without them.

The coaching staff, well I'm not sure what they are doing. D is playing mediocre, but instead of sitting Franson and playing Bartley or Volchenkov who would allow everyone else to play better on their correct hand, they just keep trying to fit a square peg in a very round hole. Our PP has been a joke for most of the season, they've done little to adjust it, and the fix is too put two of the best PP D men in the league on the second unit where they get far less time. If you have Weber and Josi you would have them on the second unit right?

I guess the one bright spot was the signing of Moses today, maybe will help the sting of Vessey not signing next year.

Oh and Josi has surpassed Weber as the best D man on the team, and that's not an opinion, its pretty much a fact.
    It's amazing how badly this team has fallen apart; first half of the season they were on fire, an unstoppable juggernaut that looked to be a clear threat in the playoffs. Now? Now we're back to being the laughing-stock of the NHL because can't even beat the teams who failed to make the playoffs, and these losses aren't even that close. No one is skating or playing like they want to win, Pekka has gone from being one of the top goalies in the league to one of the worst, and Franson is still Franson.

Why the hell did we trade for him, exactly? I think pretty much everyone but Poile recognized this to be a horribly bad idea.

And what's going on in the locker room? Has coach Lavy given up, too?

I find the posts on the Preds facebook amusing; express any concern and you're a "bandwagon fan" and this is all "just a (minor) slump" and we're still the best team in the NHL... No, just no... I want the team to do well, but at some point people have to be realistic and admit there's a problem and too many people seem to be in denial.