Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Best case scenario for Leaf fans imo, you get a competitive game where they didn't give up but you don't get the full 2 points. Get ready to be salty Renn, last place hasn't been lucky with winning the lottery the last little bit. Good news is there is White Death and another Finnish playmaker that might fit your guys' needs more than Auston Matthews.
    Obviously Matthews would be preferable, followed by the Swedes, but I wouldn't be sour if we ended up dropping down and picking up Chychrun or Tkachuk. I prefer top three to be random picks; I hate the idea of wanting to root against your team for a better pick.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Obviously Matthews would be preferable, followed by the Swedes, but I wouldn't be sour if we ended up dropping down and picking up Chychrun or Tkachuk. I prefer top three to be random picks; I hate the idea of wanting to root against your team for a better pick.
    Finns* but yeah. The top 3 guys in the draft are head and shoulders above everyone else imo. Chychrun is overrated but still will be good. If you guys could somehow trade for another top 10 pick and wind up with a top 3 plus Olli Juolevi youd be so damn set

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I was pretty steamed at him for a ridiculous head-snap embellishment on a non-elbow, but then he got for-reals injured later.
    Did you see the replay in slow mow? That elbow caught him squarely between the nose and eyes, he didn't embellish it. It wasn't a penalty because it was incidental, but he got caught pretty damn good by the elbow, I know the replay made me hurt.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    You can have Polak for a 1st rounder

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah no
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2016-02-21 at 11:33 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't won in Anaheim since 2004? Better start Jonas Hiller the worst goalie in the NHL. When is our coaching staff going to learn that this guy is not good enough to win games. Oh wait, I think I know what we're doing.

Finns*
    Wow, my bad.

but yeah. The top 3 guys in the draft are head and shoulders above everyone else imo. Chychrun is overrated but still will be good. If you guys could somehow trade for another top 10 pick and wind up with a top 3 plus Olli Juolevi youd be so damn set
    That's kind of what I'm hoping for; Nylander would be a nice addition as well. Ideally Pittsburgh loses early in the playoffs and we can trade that pick up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire sale in Toronto!

10+ Year Old Account
    They traded for Raffi Torres, except that he is staying in the minors with the Sharks affiliate, cool trade bro.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    They traded for Raffi Torres, except that he is staying in the minors with the Sharks affiliate, cool trade bro.
    Yeah, the Marlies don't need that problem child on their team when they are first in the AHL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, the Marlies don't need that problem child on their team when they are first in the AHL.
    It makes sense, but its also hilarious. OK have two draft picks, but you gotta take Raffi... ehh you keep him.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense, but its also hilarious. OK have two draft picks, but you gotta take Raffi... ehh you keep him.
    Not like the Sharks minor league team is doing amazingly well.

It's a cap issue for the Sharks - they literally could not NOT send someone back, and Torres is buried in the minors anyway, so fuck it. Surprised we got a 2nd for Spaling, and honestly, Polak is decent... but a 2nd is probably as high as I would have gone on him - granted that pick may end up being in the low to mid 50s. If the Leafs manage to finish 30th, I won't be salty if we don't pick #1. I will be kind of salty if we pick #4.

Right now we have 12 draft picks for June, though.. so that's kind of silly. 7 of our own picks, plus a PIT 1st* (conditions), NJD 3rd, COL 4th, ANA 5th, STL 6th.

Still have a bunch of guys who could move, too. This is gonna be a weird week.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Bowman is at the Habs/Preds game tonight. Can't see Nashville making a deal with a division rival, so Weise? Galchenyuk? No way the Habs would give up the Captain, would they?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Montreal is such a weird situation. They were a good team even without Price, now they have more difficulty scoring than I do when I go to a bar and that is saying something. They need better offense, but I have been of that mind the last 4 years or so. They are not going to win a championship with that shallow of offense.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Weise makes the most sense, considering he's a UFA next year. Galchenyuk doesn't make sense to me and I don't think we can fit in cap wise Max or Gallagher, unless Hossa stays on LTIR for the rest of the season

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    It's a cap issue for the Sharks - they literally could not NOT send someone back, and Torres is buried in the minors anyway, so fuck it. Surprised we got a 2nd for Spaling, and honestly, Polak is decent... but a 2nd is probably as high as I would have gone on him - granted that pick may end up being in the low to mid 50s. If the Leafs manage to finish 30th, I won't be salty if we don't pick #1. I will be kind of salty if we pick #4.

Right now we have 12 draft picks for June, though.. so that's kind of silly. 7 of our own picks, plus a PIT 1st* (conditions), NJD 3rd, COL 4th, ANA 5th, STL 6th.

Still have a bunch of guys who could move, too. This is gonna be a weird week.

- - - Updated - - -

Apparently Bowman is at the Habs/Preds game tonight. Can't see Nashville making a deal with a division rival, so Weise? Galchenyuk? No way the Habs would give up the Captain, would they?
    Weise for sure, his name is out there a lot lately

Weise for sure, his name is out there a lot lately
    Problem with scouting Weise is he doesn't make a big impact in regular season but when it comes to the playoffs he reminds me of Briere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Weise is a boon for any playoff team. He plays unbelievably hard during the playoffs. So on a team like Chicago, he will take some pressure off Kane and Toews. That and Andrew Ladd has been a name they have been trying so hard to get. Current talking price point has been (what has been offered so far) a 1st Rounder, a A grade prospect and possibly a contract to take back from the opposing team. But it'll have to one that expires this year.

lol what is going on in Vancouver. Granlund for Shinkaruk is goddamn larceny on behalf of Treliving. Sad to see Granlund go, I think he was one of the bright spots this year. But jesus h buttfucking christ lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    lol what is going on in Vancouver. Granlund for Shinkaruk is goddamn larceny on behalf of Treliving. Sad to see Granlund go, I think he was one of the bright spots this year. But jesus h buttfucking christ lol.
    Yeah the canucks forum is going nuts. We traded away our best offensive prospect and winger for another center of which we have 8 of including Granlund. The only thing I can think of is we are moving Horvat or McCann which is just lunacy.

Like even if Granlund was expected to do slightly better than shinkaruk the trade makes no sense.
    Last edited by Jotaux; 2016-02-23 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yeah the canucks forum is going nuts. We traded away our best offensive prospect and winger for another center of which we have 8 of including Granlund. The only thing I can think of is we are moving Horvat or McCann which is just lunacy.

Like even if Granlund was expected to do slightly better than shinkaruk the trade makes no sense.
    It's just mind boggling to trade off what is your most promising prospect for a 3rd/4th line center.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    It's just mind boggling to trade off what is your most promising prospect for a 3rd/4th line center.
    Well we are the team that went from Luongo/Schneider to Miller/Markstrom in a few years...