I love my Preds, but I've never wanted us to lose a game so bad in my life. God I want to see Suter sitting on his ass at home so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    I love my Preds, but I've never wanted us to lose a game so bad in my life. God I want to see Suter sitting on his ass at home so bad.
    Start Mason again. That should do it. It would be just the sweetest sort of revenge to see Minnesota miss the playoffs though. Owner cries poor, drops massive money on the two best free agents, and then is one of the primary forces in the lockout. That guy deserves nothing more than to miss the playoffs.

I'm gonna miss the Preds. Who would have guessed that a hockey team in Nashville would actually turn into a pretty decent rival for the Wings. Next best thing to the Hawks.

10+ Year Old Account
    if the rangers come up against the Pittsburgh Penguins its game over for them imho.

Noone wants to vs them, Kris Letang is dominating. Up the pengies. UP!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    They should have taken Ryan Murray last year with 1st overall, he fits their team much better than Yakupov does. So now they're a team with a decent amount of offensive firepower but such little defensive depth. Hall, Eberle, RNH, Yakupov, Ganger, Hemsky, Schultz - who is going to play defense? There is just such a massive dropoff in skill and speed outside of those 7 players. I had respect for them until they thumped us 2 games in a row and their entire fan base acted like it was the Gretzky era all over again. If they don't win the lottory, I imagine they'll try everything in their power to make a deal for Seth Jones with their pick + one of their good players. What really pisses me off though, when they realized they weren't going to make the playoffs they did this: http://i.imgur.com/2oT5o6J.png Now, obviously they didn't tank on purpose because that would be incredibly scummy but I just can't convince myself that a squad that good, is worse than the Flames. Same with Carolina.
    Carolina could also be scary adding Jones in front of Ward if Jones turns out to be as good as everyone is saying.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am expecting a huge Leafs game tonight, gotta beat up them Habs otherwise it's up to Boston to win back to back. There are a lot of variables that can change the first round match up's involving Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, New York and Toronto. Pittsburgh is guaranteed to play either the Rangers or Sens, Washington is guaranteed to play the Islanders since the Islanders have no more games to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I am expecting a huge Leafs game tonight, gotta beat up them Habs otherwise it's up to Boston to win back to back. There are a lot of variables that can change the first round match up's involving Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, New York and Toronto. Pittsburgh is guaranteed to play either the Rangers or Sens, Washington is guaranteed to play the Islanders since the Islanders have no more games to play.
    Islanders can play Pittsburgh if Rangers and Sens win out.

Boston has to get 1 point either way for us not to face them, they throw both games and we're up against them if we stay in fifth. Hopefully Penguins play Ottawa and spank them out of the playoffs in 4. Washington/Islanders will probably be a very interesting match up with the Tavares line and Ovechkin being on fire of late.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Islanders can play Pittsburgh if Rangers and Sens win out.
    That is true, forgot about that tie. I'd like to see that personally, having the Islanders get swept out of the playoffs in the first round.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Boston has to get 1 point either way for us not to face them, they throw both games and we're up against them if we stay in fifth. Hopefully Penguins play Ottawa and spank them out of the playoffs in 4. Washington/Islanders will probably be a very interesting match up with the Tavares line and Ovechkin being on fire of late.
    But in terms of scoring depth, which team has the advantage? Neither the Caps or the Isles have enough depth to go far and it's the most probable of any potential series to go 7 games to be quite honest. If either of them makes it through the first round though, it's most likely going to be the Caps, they have had some good goaltending from now extended Neuvirth this year, whereas the Islanders never know what form of Nabokov they are going to get night to night, though he has been decent as of late.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-04-27 at 05:46 PM.

The Caps have a pretty solid top 9, and a quite skilled top 6. The Islanders have an ok top 9, a decent top 6, and a pretty incredible top 1 (ok 3). This series would go to whichever goalie steps up bigger. That being said, I think they finish in 7th or 8th, so it's kind of irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    if the rangers come up against the Pittsburgh Penguins its game over for them imho.

and the penguins fans return this board! TO ARMS FELLOW NHL FANS CHASE HIM AWAY!

That is true, forgot about that tie. I'd like to see that personally, having the Islanders get swept out of the playoffs in the first round.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 01:45 PM ----------

But in terms of scoring depth, which team has the advantage? Neither the Caps or the Isles have enough depth to go far and it's the most probable of any potential series to go 7 games to be quite honest. If either of them makes it through the first round though, it's most likely going to be the Caps, they have had some good goaltending from now extended Neuvirth this year, whereas the Islanders never know what form of Nabokov they are going to get night to night, though he has been decent as of late.
    I think Isles are more capable, but not if Holtby can step up to how he played last year taking both Boston and Rangers to 7. Washington is living and dying with Ovechkin right now; Islanders have the entire Tavares line playing amazing, Nabakov playing relatively well, Visnovsky who has been solid for them, and Grabner, Okposo, and Bailey have all been stepping up lately. Washington's biggest advantage is they've been to the conference finals recently. Honestly, I think the loser will wear the winner out and would both probably be better off going up against other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post

Rangers would prefer to play Penguins than Habs. Penguins would likely take the series, but Lundqvist is probably the best goalie in the league over the last few years and Fleury we all know is capable of choking. They've also been pretty good outside of that pathetic game vs. Florida since the trade deadline.

Wings fans must be happy that Wild might miss the playoffs, with Wings just needing 1 point, after all the chirping from Wild fans they complained about earlier.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-04-27 at 07:08 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Minnesota Wild are the new/next San Jose Sharks

15+ Year Old Account
    The Minnesota Wild are the new/next San Jose Sharks
    can't say next until the sharks actually prove themselves capable of not choking.

but i got your point.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Start Mason again. That should do it. It would be just the sweetest sort of revenge to see Minnesota miss the playoffs though. Owner cries poor, drops massive money on the two best free agents, and then is one of the primary forces in the lockout. That guy deserves nothing more than to miss the playoffs.

I'm gonna miss the Preds. Who would have guessed that a hockey team in Nashville would actually turn into a pretty decent rival for the Wings. Next best thing to the Hawks.
    Yeah lol. I love Mason, he's a great guy, but needs to move into broadcasting because its just pure luck if he stops a puck anymore. Everyone in Nashville is rooting for Minnesota to not make it. Owner damn near cost us our team, Suter kept saying the right things and didn't mean a damn word of it, and really who does like Minnesota?

And while Trotz says otherwise, I think losing Detroit and Columbus ( now that they are decent) in the division is a sad day for us. Yall were always the big brother we wanted to beat, and Columbus was the little brother we always beat up on. I know the owners will be sad they won't have all those games they could check off as an auto sellout, but considering alot of our fan base are old Detroit transplants it might be good for their sanity

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah lol. I love Mason, he's a great guy, but needs to move into broadcasting because its just pure luck if he stops a puck anymore. Everyone in Nashville is rooting for Minnesota to not make it. Owner damn near cost us our team, Suter kept saying the right things and didn't mean a damn word of it, and really who does like Minnesota?

And while Trotz says otherwise, I think losing Detroit and Columbus ( now that they are decent) in the division is a sad day for us. Yall were always the big brother we wanted to beat, and Columbus was the little brother we always beat up on. I know the owners will be sad they won't have all those games they could check off as an auto sellout, but considering alot of our fan base are old Detroit transplants it might be good for their sanity
    you know, i never had a problem with minnesota until there fanbase turned into the great blackhole sucking in every bandwagon hopper ever seen last summer. they shot there mouths off an awful lot, saying they were going to run the table on the west, they were gonna win the cup etc, and now? they are fighting for a playoff spot. granted, Detroit is in the same position, but Detroit LOST world class talent last summer, not acquired, and as we all know, Detroit has had an armies worth of medical issues, and despite it all, Detroit HAS won it all in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    you know, i never had a problem with minnesota until there fanbase turned into the great blackhole sucking in every bandwagon hopper ever seen last summer. they shot there mouths off an awful lot, saying they were going to run the table on the west, they were gonna win the cup etc, and now? they are fighting for a playoff spot. granted, Detroit is in the same position, but Detroit LOST world class talent last summer, not acquired, and as we all know, Detroit has had an armies worth of medical issues, and despite it all, Detroit HAS won it all in the past.
    Well Mason is starting tonight, so if Columbus doesn't win its not because we didn't try and let them.

You think their fans are figuring out that their collapse last season wasn't just due to injuries? I figure that game tonight either comes out one of two ways, they either come out and play desperate and just win it, or they collapse from the pressure and get owned again.

Also if I'm a Wild fan I would be very worried, the last time Liarplod was in this situation, he went on a fire sale and sold the team lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey no no no no. No losing. We need to get closer to a Barkov pick as possible. We need you guys to win in Overtime, Minnesota to lose in regulation, Tampa Bay to win their game. Thanks!
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2013-04-27 at 08:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well Mason is starting tonight, so if Columbus doesn't win its not because we didn't try and let them.

You think their fans are figuring out that their collapse last season wasn't just due to injuries? I figure that game tonight either comes out one of two ways, they either come out and play desperate and just win it, or they collapse from the pressure and get owned again.

Also if I'm a Wild fan I would be very worried, the last time Liarplod was in this situation, he went on a fire sale and sold the team lol
    i doubt he sells the likes of koivu and parise and suter.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    i doubt he sells the likes of koivu and parise and suter.
    We thought the same thing with some of our guys at the time too. Hartnell gone, Timonen gone, Vokoun gone, and in this city at the time those names were just as big as the 3 you listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    We thought the same thing with some of our guys at the time too. Hartnell gone, Timonen gone, Vokoun gone, and in this city at the time those names were just as big as the 3 you listed.
    were their contracts as big?