Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khh View Post
    rock and roll racing online
    Please, God, let it be!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wromthrax View Post
    Gotta love the comments about lore being over and Azeroth being done..

Guess what.. Before Warcraft I there was no lore about it either yet somehow here we are 3 RTS games and an MMO with 3 expansions, still alive and kicking.

They can and will invent new stuff if they want to continue the game. If they wish they could split Azeroth in two and say there's Middle Azeroth inside it that's two times bigger, voila.

This game draws lore and history from past titles but also incorporates new and evolves, you are not playing something that has an end to it specified somewhere in the previous games or books, in fact they release new books about Warcraft universe all the time. Story evolved from vanilla till now and it will continue to evolve.
    By the time they come out with all of the expansions that the little layout they have (not quoting it as fact, mind you, but it's been pretty damn close), I'd say the story of Azeroth will be milked pretty dry. Anything they come out with at that point is going to be a little wonky. Based on the little bits of lore "editing" they've done so far, the amount of things they will need to add/change by then will make the community go 'zerk, IMO.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 07:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    titan isnt going to be THAT popular.... its going to take alot for them to take away from COD and Halo....

ill prolly just only try it out.... im terrible at shooters...
    Titan's gonna be a shooter? News to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

Why develop WoW 2 if WoW makes millions? WoW2 would kill WoW, Titan will not

Deleted
    titan isnt going to be THAT popular.... its going to take alot for them to take away from COD and Halo....

Exactly. I dont see why everyones making such a big deal over Titan. Its either going to be a BIG hit or a BIG fail. Either people will like it or there will be a ton of bad reviews and once a game gets bashed its pretty much done.

WoW 2 is such a risk free undertaking that it makes a lot more sense. They have minimum 10 million people who will move over from WoW/Start playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I wouldn't like to see a WoW 2. What I'd like is for Blizzard to release another RTS, Warcraft IV, to expand the lore. Then update the WoW engine to hot shit again, and go from there. I honestly don't think warcraft fans would like their in game to be completely reset.

Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    WoW 2 would not kill the franchise if anything it's the only thing that would allow warcraft to live on profitably in the long term. Making a new game with completely updated and breathtaking graphics, tons of new classes, tons of new races, a much bigger world than currently in-game and fresh new mechanics would be amazing. I'm pretty sure they would get 99% of current WoW players plus everyone who quit before.

Tell me you would not buy WoW 2 if it was released tommorow?
    Most likely, and I would stop playing WoW 1. So they would gain the cost of the box and no difference in subscription from me. If they released an entirely new game, if I enjoyed it I would most likely play both, and pay for both.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    I don't care. I'll be playing Guild Wars 2, made by a company not driven by greed.
    Dont be fooled. GW2 is geared towards a profit. They wouldnt bother if there was no profit to be had.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see why we would need a WoW 2. The story of WoW isn't THAT expansive. Yes its ginormous but what will happen after we finally defeat Sargeras, which I am assuming is the last boss of the last expansion.

WoW will have to end sometime.

They should actually begin to look at core code re writes for the current WoW, and look into adding new dynamic features. Their stance has always been that there would not be a WoW II, at least from what I heard and I support it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khh View Post
    we don't even know what titan is, is only a project codename.
    it might be wow2, or even world of starcraft or rock and roll racing online
    They have stated that Titan will be a completely new IP, which would mean no warcraft/starcraft/diablo game.

The reason that people say it might be an MMOFPS and that it might be set in a futuristic time line is because blizzard hired some guys from Bungie (the makers of Halo) for Titan.

I wish they would just do a total graphical and engine and overall re-do on wow. That would be lovely...

I can't stand playing fps style games (just not my kinda game) so I won't be playing Titan. I was sad when it came out that that would be the concept. =/

Such limited imaginations. Doesn't anybody remember how the Orcs got to Azeroth in the first place? The Dark Portal! Interdimensional portals to other worlds! WoW's gameplay has the potential to expand far, far outside of Azeroth.

Yes. A first person shoter fps crap mixed with mmo doesn't make much sense. People who want to do the mmo thing will likely go elsewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Most likely, and I would stop playing WoW 1. So they would gain the cost of the box and no difference in subscription from me. If they released an entirely new game, if I enjoyed it I would most likely play both, and pay for both.
    You make a good point, but to be realistic Titan is not likely to even achieve half the success of WoW. It's just not probable.

The main reason I advocate WoW 2 is because we all know Blizzard is too afraid of QQ to improve WoW drastically. The only time real change and all the stuff we discuss here on MMO-Champ would ever be integrated into the game is with a new WoW.

The issue with WoW2 is that it would requier Blizzard to cease making content for the current WoW, and WoW hasn't quite outlived it's usefulness just yet.

By making Titan a completely independent IP, they are free to make WoW whatever it can be, and Titan can be whatever it can be.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    No.

Titan will be a breath of fresh air from blizzard

they've been making the same damn games for too many years. :<

(they shouldnt start to do like EA games... sigh.. a new version each year)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Such limited imaginations. Doesn't anybody remember how the Orcs got to Azeroth in the first place? The Dark Portal! Interdimensional portals to other worlds! WoW's gameplay has the potential to expand far, far outside of Azeroth.
    You sir, are a genius.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    Why would they make a WOW 2?

All they have to do is keep upgrading graphics and adding content to the original. Making a new MMO in the same world would be rather silly. Any graphical improvements they could bring to WOW 2, they could simply add to the original. That goes for any other content.
    actually they can't with the current engine as it does have it's limitations ... also WoW2 could not only bring new graphics but new boss mechanics and new gameplay mechanics ...

as alot of people have said titan new ip is better than wow 2, the problem with doing wow 2 is due to the lore that makes up wow we have been on azeroth for 3 games (and several expansions) before wow even came out. people got annoyed when they retconned in draenei for example if they retconned an entire to world people will be even more annoyed so wow 2 would just be current wow with better graphics/up to date mechanics imo. theres still many places of azeroth left unexplored, such as nazjatar, zandalar, darkspear island, plunder isles, broken isles etc which are better just added through an expansion.

im hesitant over titan as well for the reason im also terrible at shooters...been playing rpgs for way to long. BUT its blizzard and i still have a little faith left in them so i will try it

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    actually they can't with the current engine as it does have it's limitations ... also WoW2 could not only bring new graphics but new boss mechanics and new gameplay mechanics ...
    Actually they can since Blizzard only uses in-house developed engines. Everything you have stated can be done to the current WoW in expansion releases. For example the engine used in Cata is not the same engine used at launch.

The only reason ever to make a WoW 2 would be to retcon the franchise, but why not just make a new game based on a different IP if you are going to spend 5-10 years developing it?