10+ Year Old Account

Few questions for H Valiona(10)

We did some pulls last night and our best attempt was barely below 50%. Best attempt fight length wise was wiping as the first deep breath came out on the transition phase.

This is what we have been doing:

Group:

Death Knight Tank

Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest
    Disc Priest

Destro Lock
    Fire Mage
    Surv Hunter(trying MM tonight)
    Boomkin
    Fury Warrior
    Frost Death Knight(i think trying unholy tonight)

We were sending down the Lock and Holy paladin on the 3rd set of void zones and had them kill as many adds as possible before leaving at about 25 stacks. 99% of the attempts were wipes before they came back up. From what I was told this was from failure of raiders stacking up for meteorites because they were trying to stack on the dragon as it was being positioned/chasing the ported tank. It was made clear to not do this so that hopefully shouldn't be a problem any longer.

The main question I want to ask is who should we send down? I've seen so many conflicting suggestions in other threads that I am not sure, and since we are kind of low on time this week for more attempts we want to make the best use of what we have.

I have seen recommendations of sending 1 heal/1dps, 2 dps, 1 heal/2dps. Not really sure. We want to avoid sending melee if possible because we had disc priest/holy paladin + the 2 melee stacking for the meteors depending on which healer went below. If we send a melee down we would have to bring in a dot/hot heavy class and risk alot of excess raid damage if they get engulfing.

So which of the combinations is better to send down? If we send down a healer with the dps(or 2) should they stay the entire time? Should they leave early? Options I see are:

1 dps/1 heal. Stay as long as possible(we were leaving around 25,c ould have stayed longer but didnt want to over extend)
    2 dps/1 heal. Stay as long as possible(seems the least wanted method)
    2 dps/1 heal. Healer leave early(around 10 stacks maybe?) and dps stay 5 or so more to snipe a few adds.
    2 dps. Kill as many as safely possible before leaving(3 or 4 each hopefully?)

Also, how many adds need to be killed each time going down to keep the fight under control?

Try sending down different comps and see what works. I try sending 2 DPS for sure.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by Aeiri View Post
    We want to avoid sending melee if possible because we had disc priest/holy paladin + the 2 melee stacking for the meteors depending on which healer went below. If we send a melee down we would have to bring in a dot/hot heavy class and risk alot of excess raid damage if they get engulfing.
    So, other than the Hunter, all of your ranged classes can attack from melee range. In fact, the lock is probably higher DPS in melee since he can use Shadowflame. While you absolutely need people at range, don't limit yourself artificially.

The Fury Warr might be very useful since each kill will proc Victory Rush.

We're just getting ready for H VT next week, so I can't offer much else now.
    ---

Send a heal and dps and the idea is you want them to come up before the next dazzling phase, that way there is no standing around while the dragonkin become numerous again and the damage to raid is unhealable.

In all honesty? Drop one of your raid members and get a sub specced rogue to do this solo. ESPECIALLY if you are trying to kill this for progression, it's a world of difference in terms of difficulty.