Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorian View Post
    And character titles? Well, make them wearable at certain levels, for example let people's alts wear the Kingslayer title as soon as they reach level 80 etc. I know I might be flamed, but I'm pretty sure all of these should be account wide, titles too.
    No, titles should only be given to the characters that earned the achievement. If you want it on an alt, do the achievement. I know at some point it may not make sense...

It sounds more like they could make another achievement tab, like the guild one. It could be separate from your individual toon with a different point system and have its own rewards. I could be wrong but that is the impression that I get.

---------- Post added 2011-04-13 at 08:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by taurvanhiel View Post
    The best way for them to do it is similar to how some of the guild achieves are - the achieve lists who did it.

That way - you could still "get" the achieves on every character - but then when you searched or linked them it would show that you've previously completed it on 5 of your alts and still haven't gotten it on your current character.
    Beat me to it
    Opulence. I has it.

Quote Originally Posted by r3nd View Post
    No. Account wide achievements is retarded.

Let's see, that's sort of like this:
    Johnny has two brothers.
    Johnny makes 100k a year, and just got a promotion!
    Account wide achievement is like saying hey, Johnny's brothers didn't do shit, but let's give them 100k and the same job title too!

Just no.
    Because two characters played by the same person represents completely the same situation as this. Except, oh, right, it's not. A more sensable comparison would be telling a right-handed person that they can't try to learn to write with their left hand without artifically having to go back and learn the alphabet again.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    How is that the same? They're different people. You're only one person on an account. Your analogy makes no sense at all.
    I'd agree with you but technically your characters are different people... It would be weird to see arthasdk with kingslayer because orkus had it. No, kingslayer won't be account wide but its just an example. In fact I doubt titles/mounts etc will be account wide, probably just things like profession achievements (max bs/jc/enchanting etc)

Ok, so by your logic, look at it this way.

Johnny has three jobs.
    100k at one, job promotion.
    Should he make that much and get a promotion at the other jobs?

No.

I just think that achievements should stay where you got them.
    If anything, I do agree with what you said earlier about individual and account wide separation if they do implement it.
    Then i'll just skip that and go the part where you're comparing a job promotion to achievements.

Getting a promotion gives you more money and more responsibility.

Achievements give you... umm, usually nothing, other than saying it's complete.

Getting achievements account wide won't suddenly make your other characters better, so it's nothing like getting a promotion at one Job so getting promoted at 2 other jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ach account wide ? no way on gods green earth .. just because u know how to play ur main doesn't mean you know how to play that alt
    Last edited by Weiland; 2011-04-14 at 01:20 AM. Reason: edit b4 spelling police find me

You can still bounce 20 times on the hyjal trampoline on your alts even if you already got the account-wide achievement...

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorian View Post
    And character titles? Well, make them wearable at certain levels, for example let people's alts wear the Kingslayer title as soon as they reach level 80 etc. I know I might be flamed, but I'm pretty sure all of these should be account wide, titles too.
    But why...I enjoyd going and getting my ulduar achieves for mounts, killing algalon at 80 with gear requirements for herald of the titans, getting astral walker...if i wanted that on another character i would want to earn it, not see i already have that title...only thing i think should be account wide is Feats of Strength of unobtainaable things...like Immortal, or like earned competitor's tabard, seeing as my main didnt exist in time for competitor's tabard, and some alts didnt get a chance to get things like the Immortal...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    "Q: When will achievements finally be awarded account-wide? – Larosh (Europe [German]), Eneia & Payasos (Europe [Spanish]), Rageudder & Kellgros (Europe [English]), Деадхил (Europe [Russian]), Nyn (North America/ANZ), ****무나 (Korea)

A: Making achievements Battle.net account-wide is something we'd like to do, but it's not a goal we could provide a current timetable for. All of the original World of Warcraft coding was done with the expectation that the data on every realm would always be independent. Now that we are trying to make as many things as possible account-wide, we’re having to rebuild all of those systems. It is absolutely something we want to do, but it will take a lot of time away from other features."

I know this isnt being done but...ITS SOMETHING THEYD LIKE TO DO...I just have to ask, if you get all the chieves for your accounts that would significantly reduce what you can do on alts...one thing i like to do is get achievements on alts. Unless they mean achievements that are done on an account such as getting all profs to 525 or something...it just seems AWFUL to reduce a big factor of alts for what? because you dont feel your epeen is big enough when on an alt with people seeing you without all your chieves?(not trying to insult, thats the only reason i could think of for anyone wanting their achievements account wide...)

Edit**seems it wasnt clear im against the idea -.-
    Not that I want this but there are actually quite a big number of people who want this.

"Q: When will achievements finally be awarded account-wide? – Larosh (Europe [German]), Eneia & Payasos (Europe [Spanish]), Rageudder & Kellgros (Europe [English]), Деадхил (Europe [Russian]), Nyn (North America/ANZ), ****무나 (Korea)

A: Making achievements Battle.net account-wide is something we'd like to do, but it's not a goal we could provide a current timetable for. All of the original World of Warcraft coding was done with the expectation that the data on every realm would always be independent. Now that we are trying to make as many things as possible account-wide, we’re having to rebuild all of those systems. It is absolutely something we want to do, but it will take a lot of time away from other features."

I know this isnt being done but...ITS SOMETHING THEYD LIKE TO DO...I just have to ask, if you get all the chieves for your accounts that would significantly reduce what you can do on alts...one thing i like to do is get achievements on alts. Unless they mean achievements that are done on an account such as getting all profs to 525 or something...it just seems AWFUL to reduce a big factor of alts for what? because you dont feel your epeen is big enough when on an alt with people seeing you without all your chieves?(not trying to insult, thats the only reason i could think of for anyone wanting their achievements account wide...)

Edit**seems it wasnt clear im against the idea -.-
    Ironically, for me personally, this change will ENCOURAGE me to play alts, instead of feeling that I'm locked into my main because of all the history on that character. Leaving my 10,250 achievement points, 6 years of mounts, titles and pets behind to roll an alt makes me feel empty.

The player earns rewards. Not the character. That effort and work should be reflected across the entire account, and not be character specific.

Make all achievements, pets, titles, tabards and mounts account wide ASAP IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    well I don't like this really, you could somehow say put my achieves on one toon and then remove it from your current main if you want a new one /care for me about that.
    but I don't want to see some lvl 85 get wrecking ball cause he made a death knight and just got into some BG and made it there, some achieves are easier on certain toons. don't make it account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    I'd agree with you but technically your characters are different people... It would be weird to see arthasdk with kingslayer because orkus had it. No, kingslayer won't be account wide but its just an example. In fact I doubt titles/mounts etc will be account wide, probably just things like profession achievements (max bs/jc/enchanting etc)
    The characters are different sure, but if I managed Kingslayer that's something I did, as a person. I would have put the effort into it. I could have used any character I wanted to to do it with. If I decide to go with a different toon for cataclysm (say for guild needs or I find more interest in another one), I still did that.

I dunno I think i'm rambling on at this point. It's all hypothetical anyway as I'm quite sure this will all be solved by them being different achievements all together like profession achievements, "all classes to 85" and such like that.

I just have to ask, if you get all the chieves for your accounts that would significantly reduce what you can do on alts...one thing i like to do is get achievements on alts.
    The solution is easy.

You still earn all achievements on every toon. But at the bottom, they say this:

Originally Earned By (name)
    Earned by (alt name) / Not yet earned by (alt name)

It tells you who originally earned it, and whether or not this current toon has earned it.

Everybody is happy.

How about this for "Account-wide" Achievements:

When inspecting someone now, you see any achieves they've done as green text and the date, and if they haven't, it says in progress by so-and-so. Change it so that any on that character still appear as it, but add some red text (or light blue to match the Battle.net colors) stating it was achieved on that account on such-and-such date (omitting the player name to avoid run-ins from cross-server events). This way, you are still responsible for earning achieves for each individual toon, but you can see the achievements "account-wide".

EDIT: Beat by a few seconds. Above is basically what I mean.

I guess my issue is I wouldnt want my achievement complete on one character just because I did it on another...then what to do on alts? Why go do old content other than chieve, why go bounce on the trampoline 20 times if you wont earn a chieve for doing it because you already have it? I do like the suggestion someone made that they be implemented like guild chieves, where it says you have earned it on a certain toon but it still shows up unearned on your alts chieves until you earn it...like maybe like a split frame like when comparing achievements, have your toon with the most achievements on one side and the one you are currently playing on the other side so you can still earn them but still see you have all that stuff on your main?

To me someone wanting chieves on more than main is just an epeen thing(you feel if you play a toon without all your achievements people will look at your toon and think your bad...news flash, who compares achieves anyway?titles i could see but really if you want a new main you will earn them on the new main)...coming from someone with over 10k on two toons...if you want something to be your main that badly, achievements wont stop you, if you want something on your new main you will go earn it, the only thing that should be account bound is current unearnables that you got on a different toon and some Feats of Strength

15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, so by your logic, look at it this way.

Johnny has three jobs.
    100k at one, job promotion.
    Should he make that much and get a promotion at the other jobs?

No.

I just think that achievements should stay where you got them.
    If anything, I do agree with what you said earlier about individual and account wide separation if they do implement it.
    Just like your previous analogy, this one fails miserably. It doesn't give your alts extra levels, or gold, or anything - except for purely cosmetic and vanity stuff. And recognition of your skill, so that whatever character you're on right now, you can always link your Heroic Cho'Gall achievement to prove you've beaten that and know the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    The solution is easy.

You still earn all achievements on every toon. But at the bottom, they say this:

Originally Earned By (name)
    Earned by (alt name) / Not yet earned by (alt name)

It tells you who originally earned it, and whether or not this current toon has earned it.

Everybody is happy.
    Now that would be an acceptable midway point that i'd be fine with if it ever made it to the live servers. At least that way in trade chat LFM BH 25 Must Link ach. couldn't fake their way into an run on an alt they may or may not know how to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    I think the arguement is more for people sometimes feeling stuck with their main they've had for years because it's the only toon with all the extra little fun shit they like. Titles, pets and pet variety, mounts and mount variety, reputations, etc etc etc.
    exactly why.

No. Account wide achievements is retarded.

Let's see, that's sort of like this:
    Johnny has two brothers.
    Johnny makes 100k a year, and just got a promotion!
    Account wide achievement is like saying hey, Johnny's brothers didn't do shit, but let's give them 100k and the same job title too!

Just no.
    Umm.. No... More like "Johnny has 2 suits.
    If he wears one of them he can get in to all the cool places and do all the fun stuff, but if he feels like mixing it up a day and wear another suit, equally well suited for the jub, but just a different cut/colour than his first suit, he is rejected, because his access to all the cool places is tied to his clothes, not to himself."

Account wide achivement ties the access to all the cool toys and raids to you (Johnny), not to what character you chose to play (suit to wear) on a given day.

Account-wide achievements needed imo:

[Molten to the Core] Kill all bosses in Molten Core with no-one in the raid over level 60 or wearing ilvl gear over 78

[Fools, kill the one on the throne!] Kill all bosses in Blackwing Lair with no-one in the raid over level 60 or wearing ilvl gear over 83

[<insert witty title>] Kill all bosses in Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj with no-one in the raid over level 60 or wearing ilvl gear over 74

[Beam of death - how do I miss thee?] Kill all bosses in Temple of Ahn'Qiraj with no-one in the raid over level 60 or wearing ilvl gear over 88