Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never abuse it in combat, and if I kill them by using my abilities, I'll always pay their repair bill for it.
    Not to excessivly abuse it is a good thumb rule to not get gkicked or hated.

Yeah, if you want to have your fun, you have to pay for it! I always instantly res anyone I kill with LG and hand them 20 gold. As long as you don't do it on the way back from a wipe, i.e. keep it to pre-raid, breaks, and so on... people need to learn to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindseth View Post
    Al'Akir, before fighting.. Levitate the person, go to the edge, Lifegrip the person.
    Enjoy the laugh..
    OOOOH, GOOD ONE.

If someone gets picked up by the Tornado Wall in the Alakir encounter, you can lifegrip them out of it. It is extremely useful for that boss seeing as on heroic, sometimes you have no option to get hit by one of the mechanics, and if you have a lifegrip available, that is the best one to get hit by. I had to do this during our kill attempt, and we would have wiped otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    new place to use it, BWD. stand on the edge of the like path, when someone runs past you, lifegrip, they will be facing the lava and fall down! fun fun.

Well i'm not about to go through 10 pages and make sure no one has used this technique but you stand at the very very end of the platform before the elevator in Blackwing Decent then as people are running back in from a wipe or something you Leap of Faith them as they are running then if they don't have fast reactions or are on auto run for some odd reason they will walk right off the edge and fall to their death

Edit: Also I forgot that before you get the achievement to unlock Fish Feasts people will have to eat their own food so you Leap of Faith them before they get well fed and they have to waste another food, pretty douchey but their reactions are golden
    Last edited by Powerwordthug; 2011-04-17 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerwordthug View Post
    Well i'm not about to go through 10 pages and make sure no one has used this technique but you stand at the very very end of the platform before the elevator in Blackwing Decent then as people are running back in from a wipe or something you Leap of Faith them as they are running then if they don't have fast reactions or are on auto run for some odd reason they will walk right off the edge and fall to their death

Edit: Also I forgot that before you get the achievement to unlock Fish Feasts people will have to eat their own food so you Leap of Faith them before they get well fed and they have to waste another food, pretty douchey but their reactions are golden
    good thing i never carry my own food.but yeah,ive gotten the life grip off the elevator in blackwing descent before

another thing thats funny is flying to the top of throne of the four winds and using have group will travel and wait for someone to walk forward.you fall to your death

If you're in BWD, have someone super nitro boots and jump off the edge where the elevator is to try and jump the gap (which is possible). Then right when they jump, pull them back and create a big buzz kill

have to admit, griefing in the right context lightens the atmosphere from serious raiding, gives people a chance for a bit of fun. Lifegrip.....is a spell perfect for griefing.

I just wish they had not removed mass summon from inside raids. first day our guild got it (before it was removed inside dungeons) managed to do a mass summon go off right as the elevator started downward. vent literally blew up with players reactions as about 20 people died and all complained at once.

Any rogue engineer can jump straight over to Atremedes over the center. Just sprint and jump right over then use the flexweave underlay to parachute over

10+ Year Old Account
    You are going to get yourself kicked, the ability is just a tool.

Guns don't kill on their own, they require to be operated to do so :P

This spell is designed purley to piss people off, and I love it! Its best use is during the unofficial race back after a wipe... Rogue sprints... Mage Blinks... Warriors Leaps.... GET OVER HERE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    I love to Life Grip, but i'm careful not to be annoying about it.

Everybody in my guild knows that if they use Sprint/Rocket Boots/Heroic Leap etc to get in front of me while we are walking somewhere, they are getting Life Gripped back
    This is pretty fun for the priest... Until I start pulling every trash pack with blade flurry killing spree tricks on you. GL living
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrotecnic View Post
    If you're in BWD, have someone super nitro boots and jump off the edge where the elevator is to try and jump the gap (which is possible). Then right when they jump, pull them back and create a big buzz kill
    with inner will and speedbuble you can do the same thing;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that reminds me... My priest has yet to see her trainer to learn this lovely thing

The other day, a priest killed my warlock alt by "lifegripping" me into one of Atramedes' bomb-circles during his air phase

I actually see it used rarely in a raid as a life-saving tool (I was pulled out of the lava at Nef once though <3). In PvP, it's absolutely OP and I love it when our rated BG priest just pulls our flag wayyyyyy across the map.

Firstly, i love how many ppl have quoted me from the front page, having been enlightened as to the anti-feign death/vanish powers of Life Grip

Secondly,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    This is pretty fun for the priest... Until I start pulling every trash pack with blade flurry killing spree tricks on you. GL living
    to all the huntards and rogues who swear vengeance upon me and my clothie healing kind
    i have had cancelaura misdirect and cancelaura tricks of the trade macroed into every hotkey since karazhan

so when you start pulling every trash pack with blade flurry killing spree,
    i just lol at you, hard, as your the only one who dies

this happens FAR more than you would expect when using the LookingForDerps tool
    and the trolls come out to play and think they are funny
    i think they are funny too, so does their repair bill :P
    Last edited by reverendball; 2011-04-18 at 02:24 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You interrupt spell casts and pull people back from charges? You should come inside <Sustained> and try being in here, because our Priest actually KILLS people with this people. Let me share one idea:

1. You know the elevator at Blackwing Descent? Stay near the edge and get ready to pull someone moving towards you. They will most likely get confused when they are pulled and just keep walking... and fall. If they can't do anyhing about falling damage, then it's GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakysnado@Gmail.com View Post
    Fade.

Nice try.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

This spell has ALMOST gotten me gkicked. I life gripped my gm into fire in BH and then was yelled at the entire rest of the kill and an additional 10 minutes afterwards. Maybe it was b/c I also ALMOST killed him in throne of the tides by life gripping him into the water blast on the first boss. I have also killed a guildie who was foolish enough to go afk next to the pond outside the ah in org. I watched him drown and laughed. My friends think I have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Fade.

Nice try.
    Ah, the joys of having negative 90000000 threat. It's for reasons like this that I'm glad they stayed with a base value, instead of a percentage drop.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

At the start of cata, our main tank's keyboard broke in Grim Batol so that he was stuck walking backwards. While he went to get a spare keyboard, the priest in the group life gripped him so that he walked backwards off the red dragon platform and into the lava