The processor comes with a cooler with paste on that needs you to just peel back the plastic other than that you seem good to go :-)

600W is pretty low on a PSU, especially if you're running an i5 and a GTX 560.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/750w-...onze-140mm-fan is 35 more, but it is worth it.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-14 at 01:24 PM.

Processor Max TDP: 95W
    Graphics: 170W

600 should be fine tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    600W is pretty low on a PSU, especially if you're running an i5 and a GTX 560.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/750w-...onze-140mm-fan is 35 more, but it is worth it.
    Lol 750W with single GPU setup? And the sandy bridge range are designed for low energy/performance ratios. At max system load he'd be pulling only around 425-450 watts and the brand he picked provides 600W continuous, meaning it will provide exactly 600W.

It's a very nice build you've got there my friend. Only thing i'd point out, is that a 600W PSU will power that rig without trouble, but it doesn't leave much room for future upgrades (if you are planning to stick a second GTX 560 in it at some point). Performance-wise, that rig will eat anything you toss at it on high to ultra settings.

Personally, i got the 750TX instead of the 650TX, mostly because i really really hate switching PSUs, so i just want something that i'll be able to stick into my case and have it sit there for the next many upgrades.

15+ Year Old Account
    you don't need that RAM if you don't plan on overclocking, no mofoboard runs at 1600Mhz at stock

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Lol 750W with single GPU setup? And the sandy bridge range are designed for low energy/performance ratios. At max system load he'd be pulling only around 425-450 watts and the brand he picked provides 600W continuous, meaning it will provide exactly 600W.
    I'll just quote the post below you

Quote Originally Posted by Mestofiles
    Only thing i'd point out, is that a 600W PSU will power that rig without trouble, but it doesn't leave much room for future upgrades (if you are planning to stick a second GTX 560 in it at some point)
    That's essentially what I was getting at. I'd also like to mention that I was running a 600W PSU when I installed a 465 into my PC and it wasn't powerful enough, it could be that it wasn't a continuous 600W or that it provides exactly 45A on the 12V rail (which is minimum for the 465), but it is something to think about... Also, the PSU he's got there only provides 40A on the 12V rail, the 560 requires 31A, that doesn't leave a lot leftover. If he'd ever want to install anything else (another GPU?) in the future, he'd likely need a new PSU.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-14 at 02:26 PM.