Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Way to sound condescending. According to WoW Progress, less than 0.5% of guilds have cleared heroic raids and fewer than 10% have cleared more than 1 boss on heroic mode in BWD. Some guilds simply progress slower than others for a variety of different reasons but for them, progression is still progression.
    According to wowprogress, 22.29% of guilds have cleared H Halfus and 13% have cleared H Chim.

According to wowprogress, 22.29% of guilds have cleared H Halfus and 13% have cleared H Chim.
    Why did you post that? What part of it contradicts what I said?

According to WoW Progress, less than 0.5% of guilds have cleared heroic raids and fewer than 10% have cleared more than 1 boss on heroic mode in BWD.

Assuming most guilds did Halfus prior to Chim, that would imply 13% of guilds have done 2 heroics. Who knows how many have actually followed the Halfus --> Chim progression path though.

OT: On our last 10m Kill we had our ret (break tank) do ~13.9k and the other 4 dps ~17-18k . The two doublestrike tanks did about 6k apiece and we had something like 30 seconds on enrage
    Last edited by Docta; 2011-04-16 at 01:46 AM.

Why did you post that? What part of it contradicts what I said?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie
    Way to sound condescending.
    20% of all guilds have done what my guild has done (with more than half of those farther than us). It's not really cutting edge content. If your guild is all about progression and you're where my guild is at, then you've been on hiatus or you're doing it wrong. It's not condescending; it's the truth.

Deleted
    just make sure everyone is topped before last phase, and has cooldowns and methods to stay alive, its np

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Can anyone confirm if a druid can be the dummy tank in bear form if they aren't spec'd for it?
    I've done it on my moonkin lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    20% of all guilds have done what my guild has done (with more than half of those farther than us). It's not really cutting edge content. If your guild is all about progression and you're where my guild is at, then you've been on hiatus or you're doing it wrong. It's not condescending; it's the truth.
    I'm actually a few bosses further in than you, but no, you're wrong. A guild that raids 3 times a week but which isn't at 12/12 normal yet - for whatever reason - will still look at their next new kill as progression and will want people to focus and do the best they can. Just because their progression isn't the same as yours doesn't necessarily mean that they take their raiding any less seriously. Last time I checked I was in a top 2000 guild but by your logic, because someone had got further before us, that means we're doing it wrong?

I'm actually a few bosses further in than you, but no, you're wrong. A guild that raids 3 times a week but which isn't at 12/12 normal yet - for whatever reason - will still look at their next new kill as progression and will want people to focus and do the best they can. Just because their progression isn't the same as yours doesn't necessarily mean that they take their raiding any less seriously. Last time I checked I was in a top 2000 guild but by your logic, because someone had got further before us, that means we're doing it wrong?
    I'm not saying that guilds who are not as progressed as mine or just a bit farther are bad, but they're not all about progression. I raid with friends, and we want to kill bosses, but we're not so diehard that we will switch classes between fights or just /gkick people who don't play to the top of their class which is what I was saying to the person who told me I should replace some people in my raid instead of teaching them how to play better (who can find competent people outside of your guild anyways?). If your guild is all about progression and you are not at the very end of the tier at this point, you're doing it wrong. I'm sorry if you feel offended, but it's the truth. But this thread is super sidetracked. Thanks for answering my question everyone.

If your guild is all about progression and you are not at the very end of the tier at this point, you're doing it wrong. I'm sorry if you feel offended, but it's the truth.
    What utter claptrap. So because a guild doesn't race to the finish line by raiding 6-7 nights a week from the expansion launch, each with multiple alts, etc, they're "doing it wrong"? Almost all raiding guilds raid for progression and to claim otherwise is a little silly. By your logic less than half a percent of guilds are doing it right, because less than half a percent have actually cleared the tier.

...but it's the truth
    No it's your version of the truth. And I'm not offended, I just find it hard to believe that someone is as blinkered as you seem to be.

Deleted
    Get a better a better priest

It's doable with ~270k DPS overall, with the usage of survivability CDs(Such as Ice Block, Divine Shield, Deterrence),
    including a bunched up group staying inside "Power Word: Barrier" effect(s) apart from the one with agro fleeing from Chimaeron in Phase 3.

Phase3 - "Power Word: Shield" spam, aswell as other absorb effects like "Stoneclaw Totem" may lower the Overall DPS requirement even further.

Summary, (270'000(Overall) - 14'000(7xHealerDPS) - 24'000(3xTankDPS)) / 15(DPS Dealer) = 232'000 / 15 =~ 15'500
    I would say, 16'000 DPS as the minimum(Awfully kind requirement, exactly on the limit = Unpredictable = One random death can be catastrophic).

Have in mind this DPS value wont cut it without a good survival strategy for Phase 3.

Encounter tips,
    • 1-2 Discipline Priest rotating Power Word: Barrier, Atonement talented.
    • DPS Dealing DK in Blood Presence as Tank for the extra damage, do not assign him as soaker.
    • Be sure everyone is "Pre-Using" their combat Potions.
    • Every single healer should be dealing damage when ever the moment arrive.
    • Assign healers to groups, 4 healers divided among group 2 to 5, 1 healer assigned as tank healer, 2 healers assisting the rest. ( Preferable)
    • Restoration Shamans are great performers for this encounter!
    Last edited by Fnukk; 2011-04-17 at 10:35 AM.