Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujisaw View Post
    main stats on legendary will be Int/Stam. then there will probally be 1 secondary stat and it will probally be haste/mastery maybe both not quite sure. then i bet the proc will be "on spell dmg......" and only the stats would be good for healer and not the proc
    its a legendary... stat budgets are huge.
    int/stam
    crit/haste/ mastery (pick 2 doesnt matter)
    some overly awesome proc (on spellcast)

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be for caster dps. (Mage, Shadow Priest, Warlock, Boomkin) I'm sure it'll have an offensive spell proc much like Vala'nyr had a healing only proc. And Vala'nyr was absolutely ridiculous for Pve/PvP. Can't believe I've seen "even if it wasn't the best". It's probably the best legendary they've made yet. A stacking 15% dmg shield on anyone you heal? U kidding me? It's pretty obvious Blizzard likes to keep Legendaries usable by select classes, as giving one to everyone makes them lose the feel of being "legendary" I don't know why some people can't comprehend this.

---------- Post added 2011-04-24 at 12:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kilani View Post
    The chances that you yourself, will get a legendary item, are VERY VERY low.

Lets look at this from an unbiased perspective. If you wanted to please the LARGEST number of people possible would you limit it more... or less? The larger the pool of DESERVING people, the larger the number of HAPPY people, you can whine and bitch all you want about how "Its only fair that <Insert-role-here> get one" you'll HAVE your chance... if you guild thinks you are good enough to get a LEGENDARY item then you'll get it.
    Any half way decent guild can get the quest chain legendaries with ease.

We went through like 4 Shadowmourne in wrath. With 2 other people having 30+ shards at the end of wotlk. I got the 2nd one and I had been in the guild for a little over a month. I just happened to outperform every other dps they had so they agreed that I deserved it more.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2011-04-24 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksand View Post
    After this caster staff, they could make a twin shield type of legendary. In which after gathering the prerequisites and doing the quests, you'll be able to choose between a tank or a healing shield. Both look the same except a different aura/colour. Also saying this as a dps.
    They would never make a legendary tank shield because half the tanks and half the healers couldn't use it. To keep all the tanks happy they would have to make it a quest reward like shadowmorne and have two options 1: Sword and Shield for Warriors and Pallys and 2: 2 handed Mace for DK and Druids.
    I'm a warrior tank and i don't think that tanking legendaries would be that good, they would be so overpowered that it would make tanking and healing tanks too easy. So it would only work if it looked really really cool and the stats weren't really worth all the hours you spent as a guild trying to obtain the item/items.

Quote Originally Posted by gabrranth View Post
    Actually I saw more tanks with Thunderfury than rogues and dps warriors, and it was also viable to wield it all the way through the early stages of BC. Atiesh on the other hand was in a raid that barely anyone was able to get it in, let alone clear the place in general. Naxxramas was released right before BC and its difficulty made it so that only a few of the best and luckiest people in the world had it before BC. A few chaps went back and got it in BC before the thing was removed...

Not to mention most of those who got Atiesh when it was relevant were druid / priest healers, not dps. DPS caster legendary here we come.
    On my specific server during Classic, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that more Rogues had Thunderfury than any other class. Of course it may have been different on your server, who am I to say?

I'm not denying Caster's their Legendary, I think they deserve the one they're getting, I just think Tanks should be next on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by P Tec the Wise View Post
    I'm a warrior tank and i don't think that tanking legendaries would be that good, they would be so overpowered that it would make tanking and healing tanks too easy.
    Isn't that kind of the point of Legendaries? They're so rare and difficult to obtain that they tower over other weapons, even those of future tiers?

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Isn't that kind of the point of Legendaries? They're so rare and difficult to obtain that they tower over other weapons, even those of future tiers?
    Not necessarily "tower" over other weapons, but they should be better than something of the next tier in most cases. Blizzard of course wouldn't admit it, but I suspect they might make this legendary the best thing until Deathwing's tier when they make more proc-based items if they follow the WotLK model.

As far as a legendary tanking weapon, they'll have some difficulties balancing it between the tanking classes because of how differently they work. The best bet is a threat proc (and not damage since DPS would love it). That or they'll do each different weapon with a proc specific to tanks and make sure they don't start out-doing DPS.