Deleted

Getting new laptop, need help !

Hey everyone, I am going to start university next year and i need a good laptop, and i'm looking to spend about £400-500. I want one suitable for university that can also play WoW at decent settings. I am not very smart when it comes to computers so i really need some help
    My brother helped me find this one on the currys site and i was wondering what kind of settings i will be able to play WoW on with this, and what kind of FPS i would be getting. I would also like to know if this isn't suitable for university for some reason and why.

HP Pavilion dv6-3130sa

Processor Intel® Core™ i5-460M Processor
    - 2.53 GHz
    - 2.5 GT/s DMI
    - 3 MB Intel® Smart Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    RAM - 4GB RAM
    - DDR3
    - Up to 8GB maximum memory
    Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 Graphics
    - 2202 MB memory
    Screen type LCD Widescreen
    Screen resolution - WXGA
    - 1366 x 768
    Screen size 15.6"
    Hard drive 500GB SATA hard drive 7200rpm
    Optical disk drive DVD-RW
    Memory card reader 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro or xD Picture cards
    USB Yes, 4 x USB 2.0 ports
    FireWire No
    Modem/Ethernet Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
    WiFi Yes, 802.11 b/g/n
    Bluetooth Yes
    Video interface VGA
    Audio interface 1 x stereo headphone-out
    1 x microphone-in
    TV output VGA
    Extension card slot No
    Sound Altec Lansing speakers
    Dolby Advanced Audio
    Keyboard & Mouse Full size island-style keyboard
    HP Clickpad supporting Multi-Touch gestures with On/Off button
    Battery - 6-cell Lithium-Ion battery
    Size 378 x 308 mm (W x D)
    Weight 2.49 kg

Also, if this is not good enough does anybody have a suggestion for one suitable which is in my price range?
    Thanks for reading!

Probably looking at being able to play wow at the Fair-Good level. With a few mods to distance/etc you'll be just fine with that setup. And it's upgradeable with the 4 more gigs of ram. I'd max it out since you have the 64 bit OS to go with it.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ANClutch View Post
    Probably looking at being able to play wow at the Fair-Good level. With a few mods to distance/etc you'll be just fine with that setup. And it's upgradeable with the 4 more gigs of ram. I'd max it out since you have the 64 bit OS to go with it.
    Pleased with that then, i am used to bad graphics at the moment anyway
    And about how much would an extra 4 GB ram cost?

There is no need to get more than 4GB of RAM for gaming. Although that card is low end, you should still be able to play WoW with good settings and smooth fps since that screen is not super high res and that CPU is pretty decent.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by It can be ANYTHING View Post
    I would also like to know if this isn't suitable for university for some reason and why.

Also, if this is not good enough does anybody have a suggestion for one suitable which is in my price range?
    Depends really on what you're studying, as 1366x768 monitor will be pathetically tiny for certain things. But it's hard to find anything significantly better either with your limited budget.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

MSI GT680 is better and should be similar in price.

you should get a laptop with at least dx11 card

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    MSI GT680 is better and should be similar in price.
    Unless my information is inaccurate, wouldn't that be nearly twice the price of his budget?

Quote Originally Posted by shaw0050 View Post
    Unless my information is inaccurate, wouldn't that be nearly twice the price of his budget?
    I didnt see his price point. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilmaniac View Post
    you should get a laptop with at least dx11 card
    Radeon 5xxx series are DX 11 cards.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Radeon 5xxx series are DX 11 cards.
    Not true when it comes to integrated/mobile chips. 51xx and 5xx (notice only 2 digits + some letters) are DX10 capable only. Nice misleading naming there from AMD.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Not true when it comes to integrated/mobile chips. 51xx and 5xx (notice only 2 digits + some letters) are DX10 capable only. Nice misleading naming there from AMD.
    Good point, I must have overlooked that. Still, the graphics card the OP has selected, 5470, does have DX 11 support.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have an 6yr old hp DV series laptop and the keyboards keys stuck from day 1 hope they fixed that issue by now

Deleted
    the new hp's that are coming out right now have pretty decent graphics cards like an AMD 6650 or AMD 6770 and sandy bridge, but should cost you something from 600-800 pounds.