Thread: Darkspore

10+ Year Old Account

Darkspore

Dark Spore, what's the deal is it a F2P or a payment MMO??
    secondly if it's a payment MMO do you think it would be worth the money?

EDIT: my main question was payment and after arsing my self to look at trailer i relized i couldn't compare it to WoW
    Last edited by Cadwe; 2011-04-15 at 09:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe it's an MMO at all. "Co-op" and "MMO" are not the same thing. Even if it was, it is obviously so drastically different than WoW as to not even be comparable.

I don't really think it's going to be an MMO.

The ads never claim it to be a mmo they say action rpg or something like that.

Deleted

It's a diablo style single player game that can be played in multiplayer in 4 ppl. And I use the term "diablo style" loosely as it's pure 100% manure when compared to diablo, but if you liked Torchlight you'll probably like this one too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    The ads never claim it to be a mmo they say action rpg or something like that.
    There's a vague reference to "MMO" on a tiny sidebar on the site, but that's about it as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure it's drop-in/drop-out.

I played the beta of darkspore and unless they've changed a lot it gets very repetative after a few levels.

Start level.
    Kill monsters.
    Kill some waves.
    Kill a boss.
    Rinse and repeat 50 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasko View Post
    There's a vague reference to "MMO" on a tiny sidebar on the site, but that's about it as far as I can tell. I'm pretty sure it's drop-in/drop-out.
    Iv played it its just you pick a level, you choose singleplayer or multiplayer, you do level, you get phat lewts

10+ Year Old Account
    Its an RPG ( a fairly interesting one at thatt ) that simply includes some co-op, looks fun, and i may consider it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Iv played it its just you pick a level, you choose singleplayer or multiplayer, you do level, you get phat lewts
    even though it's repetative you think i should try out beta i'm a fan of hack-n-slash dungean crawlers

I have been playing the beta for a few days now, its an 'action rpg'. Imagine Diablo and Spore had a few drinks and a crazy night in the sac. Mouse movement dugueon crawling with a limited amount of abilities per creature with access to 3 different creatures at a time, you can only control one of them at a time. You're allowed to switch them out once every 12sec(around not 100% sure the exact time).

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwe View Post
    even though it's repetative you think i should try out beta i'm a fan of hack-n-slash dungean crawlers
    Yes try it out
    if theres something your considering playing and it has a free trail or easy to get in beta theres no reason to not get first hand experience

10+ Year Old Account
    kk ty

you all may now use this thread to discuss Darkspore... ETC. as the mod's see fit

It's not a MMO and it has no monthly fee. You buy it once and play it.

It's playstyle is similar to Diablo 2, but instead of picking a character class at the start and leveling you, you instead choose from a number of various heroes you can purchase and play one a time and swap them out whenever you want. The heroes work more like DOTA-style heroes, each with about 4 abilities each.

It was a fun distraction for a couple days when I played it, but I got tired of it quick. Every level just feels the same, even though you're killing different enemies and you can't get energy back except by killing mobs and picking up the blue energy pellets which means if you actually use your abilities often you'll run out of power and be forced to swap heroes.

Just tiny little annoyances made it not very fun for very long for me.

Deleted
    Game gets boring after 3 levels. Shit aint worth 60 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's 60 dollars O.o, glad to hear its not a monthly fee but 60 dollars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadwe View Post
    it's 60 dollars O.o, glad to hear its not a monthly fee but 60 dollars!!!
    Yup a full $60, imo not worth $20