Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Pfff, that would totally suck if the world would end! >
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

15+ Year Old Account
    Like the nerd I am, I'm just looking forward to trade chat during that whole month.

Deleted
    Nothing will happen, a few days later some officials will say "No, we mistranslated the mayan runes, the world will end in 2030 now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Taters91 View Post
    I personally don't think the world will END or anything that drastic, but there will proberbly in the future either soon or not in our life times or our childrens childrens life times mass destruction of countrys, Take Japan for instance it was proven Japan was moved at least 5 seconds closer to the USA. So they say MILLIONS and billions of years ago the world looked totally differnt from what it does today, and there must have been some mass reformation of the land such as mass earth quakes as such to re arrange everything. I think exactly the same is going to happen but there will be alot of damage done along the way. Just think what happend to Japan and that was just 7.8 or somthing like that imagin what it would take to move the WORLD around... mind blowing isn't it.
    You are advised to learn some geography, and the history of the world. Please, it'll be awesome, I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Like the nerd I am, I'm just looking forward to trade chat during that whole month.
    There wont be a /trade anymore there wont be internet by that point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifel View Post
    If you really think Dec. 21st 2012 is a special date, you are a special person.
    Thank you! It's my birthday! Very gentle.

Quote Originally Posted by komi54 View Post
    There wont be a /trade anymore there wont be internet by that point
    Just like in December of 99, am I right? When all of our computer systems malfunctioned, resulting in global extinction because all of our war-heads were launched, oh wait, there were some computer problems (with dates being incorrect), but that was the ONLY thing that happened.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2011-04-15 at 06:44 PM.

I'ma have a big ass apocalypse themed party and be really hungover the next day.

I'll do the same thing I do every day, try to take over the world!

If that won't succed it'll be just a normal day like the day after or before it.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-04-15 at 06:46 PM.

Deleted
    2000, 6/6/06, november 2010.

Deleted
    I bet some symptoms of a self fulfilling prophecy may be around but most likely nothing extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasviel View Post
    2000, 6/6/06, november 2010.
    Did any of those have the huge number of astrological and history events match up like that?

Deleted
    Nothing... Oh, perhaps some bad guys will die

I predict I'll be drinking copious amounts of alcohol. I also predict I'll regret it the next day >_<

Deleted
    Did any of those have the huge number of astrological and history events match up like that?
    At least one, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A culture that couldn't predict being destroyed by Cortez in the near future sure as hell couldn't predict the destruction of the world in the distant future.

Astrological events that have happened in the past and caused no major problems? Not to mention, none of those astrological events are definitely gonna happen on the 21st of December, 2012, they're only PREDICTED to come to pass then...

Ok, please read and learn:

The most important university in Mexico (and LA) is the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Autonomous National University) UNAM. They have a research institute there called Center for Mayan Studies. In all of their archives and researches there is not a single track of "prophecy" made by any of the mayan cities in their known history. None. Not a single one. All of these scientist who spend their lives to study mayan legacy in a serious academic environment appear to not being taken as a more reliable source than many "internetz websites".

Mayans were not 'new age priests'. Mayans were not more "advanced" than our culture. Mayans could not predict any of the things the world-end-claimers claim as no one can.

For many the whole "2012 thingy" is a matter of selling books for ignorant people, for many is about of full and complete ignorance, magical thought, lack of meaning in their lives or lack of scientific and philosophical background.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanel View Post
    SPOILER! Everything on the internet is true!...............................wait....

But seriously i don't agree with the Mayan calendar thingy. I just believe lots of people will be dissapointed just like any other random choice of a predicted end of the world days.
    Fail attempt at a troll, but in this case yeah, it's true. Go look.

Ok, please read and learn:

The most important university in Mexico (and LA) is the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (Autonomous National University) UNAM. They have a research institute there called Center for Mayan Studies. In all of their archives and researches there is not a single track of "prophecy" made by any of the mayan cities in their known history. None. Not a single one. All of these scientist who spend their lives to study mayan legacy in a serious academic environment appear to not being taken as a more reliable source than many "internetz websites".

Mayans were not 'new age priests'. Mayans were not more "advanced" than our culture. Mayans could not predict any of the things the world-end-claimers claim as no one can.

For many the whole "2012 thingy" is a matter of selling books for ignorant people, for many is about of full and complete ignorance, magical thought, lack of meaning in their lives or lack of scientific and philosophical background.