Poll: how you respond to have a nice day?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

"i'll try" is my favorite haha

I reply Fuck you, na joke just say, Thanx you to

Deleted
    Well, for me it'll be "You too!"

15+ Year Old Account
    "Thank you" sounds rude imo :/ i usually say "You too"

10+ Year Old Account
    I will say in my native language; "Takk i like måte" which roughly translates to "Thanks, you too!"

I usually say "you too" or "thanks, you too".

15+ Year Old Account
    I say 'you too', it returns the gesture. How can you get offended by it really?

I think saying thanks is more offending (to a super sensitive person) anyway as it sort of implies that you appreciate their gesture, but you don't give a shit enough to say it back to them.

Here in England we say 'alright?' as a greeting much like 'sup' in the US, it's rhetorical, you tend to say it in passing rather than an opener of a conversation. I am greeted by it 10 times a day on my way into work (by people coming out on the previous shift) yet I've noticed some people are asking it as a genuine question, problem is there is no distinction. To the people who expect an answer, you seem ignorant when you don't reply, yet if I say it to someone (I try not to but its habit) and they reply 'yes thanks, you?' theres an awkward moment when you realise you've stopped walking to reply, but they are still walking away from you and you have to choose between either shouting so they can hear your reply (and look like a bellend), or carry on walking and not reply (and seem ignorant, again). It's a stupid greeting, why can't people just say Hi to each other??

I kind of have this complex going on with people who I hold the door open for & they say nothing.

I'm not talking about a train of people going through a door way. I am talking about going out of your way for a few extra seconds to keep a door open for someone. If they walk past me without saying anything or acknowledging me I always feel the need to say "you are welcome"

I aim for loud and slow to make them feel extra special.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A simple "Thanks, you too!" with a (genuine!) smile will always do the trick.

At the end of a random heroic if some posts "Have a nice day", I usually respond with something like "Lord are my shoulders tired from carrying this fail ass PuG!"

j/k

Normally I just respond with a "ty, you as well." or just "You too."

If people are getting annoyed with you because you don't take a full 3 minutes thinking and typing out a "proper" response, well F them. Nothing is going to make them happy.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about the tone etc. of the cashier, I always reply with "I hope you do too" and smile. Smiles are free ( last time i checked ).

Add another one for, "Thanks, you too!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes I say, "No."

Usually I just say, "Thanks, you too." though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

when im having a bad day i usually say " DONT TELL ME WHAT TO FUCKING DO " then walk away

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically whatever they say to me, I say back at them, sans specifically religious messages, to which I simply say the neutral "you too".

Retail if bad for the brain yo.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Likewise!". Quick, easy and kind.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    I say: "Thanks, you too!" - I worked at my father's grocery store for close to 6 years as a teenager, so I got into the habit of asking "How are you doing?" and saying "Have a good day/night", as well as having it said to me, and that was always my response.
    I work in a grocery store as a front service clerk and this is more or less what we all do there. :V

Deleted
    First I flip them off like a baws.

When they then rage, and are done throwing profanities after me, I turn 180 and do like this

I reply with 'oh' or 'ok' that's my reply to most things.. and after a few seconds I remember I have to say something back..