Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Low lvl PVP wait times

WHY is the waiting times so low in low lvl pvp? I think it can be more relaxing and mroe fun than high lvl PVP but it seems like nobody plays it :S right now i have been waiting 30 minutes for a BG and it says "4 min average wait time" that's bullshit! how does the "average wait time" even work?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's why I stopped leveling my lowbie. I can't get her into any games without waiting an hour, and I refuse to quest/dungeons, since she's my level-through-BG alt.

On a side note, mini game: guess how many "no one cares about low level" posts that will follow.

I think the bg queues are bugged, at every level. Even at level 85 it usually gives 4 minute queue times, but they can take over 45 minutes. Try refreshing the queue every 5 minutes or so, it seems to make the queue go faster.

Generally 10-29 queues are fast.. but after that they suck, until 45 when you get Random.

Quote Originally Posted by hightides24 View Post
    I think the bg queues are bugged, at every level. Even at level 85 it usually gives 4 minute queue times, but they can take over 45 minutes. Try refreshing the queue every 5 minutes or so, it seems to make the queue go faster.
    Lol no, when i wait for a BG in lvl 85 (random BG) i get one almost instantly

Quote Originally Posted by Flamesofhell138 View Post
    Lol no, when i wait for a BG in lvl 85 (random BG) i get one almost instantly
    I do too usually, but sometimes even though it gives a 4 min. queue time, I end up waiting in the queue for 30 minutes. Refreshing the queue seems to fix this problem. I'm just saying, if you end up waiting in a queue for over about 10 minutes, and the avg. queue time is about 4 minutes, then try refreshing the queue. It might help.

Honestly, the fastest I've been able to get into BG's is on my lvl 70 twink... just as fast or even faster than my 85's.

For the rest, it kinda depends actually... on my lvl 50 Priest, takes like an hour or so to get into a BG, but then on my level 29 Rogue its like 15-20 minutes. Usually the average wait time on all my characters are between 4-10 minutes, I have no idea how they calculate that :P

It depends on the time and the day. During weekends is best, when everyone is off work/school.

Deleted
    all the way from 10 I've had queues at less than 2 mins each, usually less than 5 seconds. Am at level 60 atm.

Hi folks, not one of you mentioned which faction you are. Here's why I ask;

Horde queue times for battlegrounds is bugged. It has been since Cataclysm was released, and has not been fixed or even addressed in any patch notes or blue post. If your wait time is at or over the expected wait, drop it and re queue. Most of the time doing this, my queue pops around the expected wait time (Horde side).

Afaik, this does not happen on the Alliance.
    Last edited by wxcopy; 2011-04-16 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Editing for great justice

Deleted
    On my priest, when he was about lvl40 I had "average wait time: unavailable". I queued, started doing quests and after more than an hour still nothing. It's not right. I am sure there are enough players who want to do WSG or AB at this level.

It was near peak hours, about 20-22.

When he got to >70 problem completely disappeared.

Deleted
    There are only few ppl playing low lvl pvp. And the reason is clear. I spent so much honor on pvp hierlooms and the results are being oneshoted. This is blizz issue. They messed up low lvl pvp during talent trees revamp and even as i had lvl39 druid twink from earli wow classic days and I am fan of the low lvl pvp I just logged disgusted after few BGs.
    And if it looks like fun for you to use one ability to kill oponent feel free for waiting for another 10ppl who feels the same. And dont be suprised by long qeue.

Deleted
    best is to level with quests and just queue for bg when you are doing the quests, waiting for the Bg to pop up can make your leveling proces take longer than the days until patch 8.0 is released.

10+ Year Old Account
    as ally it only takes 2-3 min for a bg, no matter what level, any chance you are playing as horde?

my horde ques are a bit longer, but no so bad that i rage about it, gives a nice break after a few quests

Deleted
    it takes about 3-9 min for me to get in on my lvl 39 paladin i don't know if its because i only quere for WSG i think it is the reason though i am not sure

Quote Originally Posted by HitManDan View Post
    my horde ques are a bit longer, but no so bad that i rage about it, gives a nice break after a few quests
    Then your not getting the 30min que's, so dont worry about it? k

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember low-level queues being fairly prompt at most levels. And if you're waiting more than 5 minutes in queue at 85, you're doing it wrong. I generally leave and requeue after 2 minutes of wait time, and I'm right in (Horde btw).

Quote Originally Posted by hightides24 View Post
    This.

Playing alliance we have 1-3min queue usually, but like 1 in 15 of the times I queue it bugs and the counter can go up to 30-40min until I requeue. After I requeue I get in after 1-3min like usual. (this is joining specific bg's btw)

Sometimes the queue even bugs out so I can't leave it, I can join a second one and leave that but not the first one that has obviously bugged out. Need to relog to leave the queue.

This has been going on for a long time now and no way if it's a coinsedense anymore.

Deleted
    Before 4.1 i lvl my mage only using using random bg. Queue time was 5-8 min. After 4.1 I'm lvl a new rogue (yeah i love low lvl pvp) and when I queue avg time say 10 min but i wait 20-30 min and nothing. Sometime i requeue and its instant --'
    In begin I blame 4.1 new dungeons making ppl go to their 85 get new epics but after a while this did not change. After read many foruns the only possible explanation is queue is bugged!
    EU Foruns are bugged with that pug arena. anyone in USA can plz report this?
    I only raid and do low lvl pvp and now I don't have nothing to do =(
    Waiting 2 hours and not a single bg suck a lot. My server allways was a full server and never had more then 10m w8 after the change for aoe servers queues they become even fast but 4.1 damage all! :/