Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes you are getting too old for this crap don't become a basement dwelling 30yo nerd working at bestbuy and still lives with his parents.
    You better herp yourself before you derp yourself.

Makes me feel sad that you didn't start exercising til recently. What did you do as a kid?

Needless to say, WoW does get old, take breaks, moderate your life in all areas.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went to school, after that I just studied or played WoW.

You got bored of the repeating tedious cycle. Same reason I quit. It's fun for a while but the game hasn't brought anything new or interesting for a very long time.

I think as with anything you get tired of it after a while.

I did Scholar's Bowl from 6th grade to the first week or so of my Senior year of Highschool. I just decided to stop going one day. I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I ended up quitting nearly ever activity I was on that year except JROTC. JROTC I didn't start until my Junior year of high school when I decided I wanted to join the military. Most of the kids that took it did so to dodge gym class.

I recently just left the game due to RL. The only part of the game I found interesting was raiding(and heroic fights at that), and since currently I cannot do those with my guild...no point in continuing to play.

Think I'm basically done with the game. I might return, but as it stands I'm not really seeing that happening. I tried doing other things in the game, and after 20-30 minutes I got incredibly bored and logged off. I've seen all the content on my alts, I hate PvPing, professions are NEVER exciting...generally I'd AH hunt, make some gold, and afk out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Take some time off...at least a few months...then look at whether or not you want to come back. You aren't growing out of WoW but it certainly sounds like you are burnt the hell out.

Just a word on going from overweight to not:
    Now is the time to get the weight issue in check...before Mr. Diabetes and Mr Hypertension come knocking at your door. There are a million ways to lose it...but if you find something you really enjoy it is very easy to stick with it.

i never played games as a child/teen/young adult. I was too busy travelling/having fun/ living life.... I only started to play alot more games in my 30's. Ive lived more live in 15 years than most people will live their entire lives.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Take some time off...at least a few months...then look at whether or not you want to come back. You aren't growing out of WoW but it certainly sounds like you are burnt the hell out.

Just a word on going from overweight to not:
    Now is the time to get the weight issue in check...before Mr. Diabetes and Mr Hypertension come knocking at your door. There are a million ways to lose it...but if you find something you really enjoy it is very easy to stick with it.
    I agree emphatically with this post. I just hit 20 myself and I've gotten back into exercising. It's tough, but after a half hour on a treadmill will give you a sense of accomplishment I personally haven't felt in WoW. On the topic of WoW (or anything else you do consistently for 5 years for that matter.) I would say if you feel like quitting, quit. Now that winter is over I find myself playing a lot less. A walk in the spring sun is much more satisfying than a few hours with WoW for me.
    Last edited by Guilegamesh; 2011-04-16 at 04:15 AM.

same thing happened with me. I took a break for a few weeks and now I play it a lot less. It's a lot more fun when I log in now as I have a bunch too do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    I started playing WoW in November 2006, freshman year of high school. Now it's April 2011... I am bored as all get out. Sometimes days I don't even bother playing, when I have had the desire to log on it's never been for more than hour. I haven't tanked a daily in more than a month. I just don't give a crap anymore.

It's starting to feel like I've been wasting my life with World of Warcraft. I was never a hardcore player, but I did play quite a bit. I've begun enjoying things I never really did before or just forgot- reading the newspaper and doing the crossword/sudoku, going to the library, playing normal video games, watching TV, even going outside. There's a park within walking distance of our apartment and I want to start exercising for the first time in my life. I found out about the local arts foundation and we may start going to plays/concerts. Not to mention I will starting college this fall.

Am I getting too old for WoW, or is it just another dry spell? I guess I'm tired of being the stereotypical overweight 19-something who plays WoW. Perhaps it is time to move on... I don't know. Sorry if this sounds emo-ish but perhaps one of you fine folks could help me resolve this dilemma.
    not everything is so black and white - sometimes you just get bored of stuff, leave it for abit and come back when you have a desire to play

---------- Post added 2011-04-16 at 08:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    I agree emphatically with this post. I just hit 20 myself and I've gotten back into exercising. It's tough, but after a half hour on a treadmill will give you a sense of accomplishment I personally haven't felt in WoW. On the topic of WoW (or anything else you do consistently for 5 years for that matter.) I would say if you feel like quitting, quit. Now that winter is over I find myself playing a lot less. A walk in the spring sun is much more satisfying than a few hours with WoW for me.
    you stopped playing wow, but still read the wow forums :P ?

I never said I stopped playing, I just renewed my subscription a few days ago. I was never a fan of the way people talk about WoW in the sense of playing vs not playing. When I don't play Blacks Ops for a while no one says "did you quit blops?" I guess it has something to do with the subscription but I don't ever feel like I quit WoW, I'm just not playing at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Troggdor View Post
    off topic: Ulgaan ... best ... avatar ... ever

on topic: nah dude, its like others have said ... 5 years in ANYTHING and it might become stale
    Tell that to the guy that has been coming to my pizza hut and orders an effing chicken milano every goddamn week and sits in the same spot he has for the last SEVEN YEARS! hes never ordered anything else from the menu in three years!! lol

Take a break for a while, just don't sell your account or anything because you might come back. I am taking a break right now, I've taken alot of breaks from WoW and always come back refreshed...