Poll: In what order will you show your kids STAR WARS?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There are things such as protecting your child from harmful experiences, some of which that might scar the kid for the rest of his or her life. One of such things is introducing prequel too soon.
    well i watched them as child and i didn't find them harmful at all you don't see any blood in it as i remember and that's why i said as a good parent show them which they want to see or just don't show the one that you find to harmful experiences like you said.

and i think a child rather want to watch a movie of his generation instead of the parents one or atleast me if would be bored than if i needed to see old stuff when we have better technology.
    Last edited by nightmarez; 2011-04-18 at 07:20 AM.

I just wonder why no one has commented on whether or not they would show the Holiday Special to their kids... I mean, Bea Arthur, Jefferson Starship? How can you go wrong? That is, of course, if you have a digital copy of it, or burnt it onto a DVD.

Just show 'em IV-VI. The others just shouldn't exist, at least how they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    well i watched them as child and i didn't find them harmful at all you don't see any blood in it as i remember and that's why i said as a good parent show them which they want to see or just don't show the one that you find to harmful experiences.

and i think a child rather want to watch a movie of his generation instead of the parents one or atleast me if would be bored than if i needed to see old stuff when we have better technology.
    The only time there's blood is when Obi Wan (Ben at this time) cuts off Ponda Baba's arm in A New Hope (Mos Eisley). The other scenes don't have blood. But I'm sure Anakin being [spoilers] cut up into pieces and fried up could traumatize kids.

Probably have to go with the order they're made. I saw Terminator 2 before Terminator 1 growing up, and the improved cgi, laughable by today's standards, ruined 1 for me when i watched it shortly thereafter.

10+ Year Old Account
    4-5-6-1-2-3 imo, as not to spoil the whole "Luke, I'm your father" thing.

In order of Plot, I honestly dont see how George Lucas ruined the franchise with the prequels....

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't show them prequels, its something they can find on their own if they are interested enough.

I will show them clone wars animated series though.

Responsible parents don't let their children watch bad science fiction.

And yes, that means no Star Trek, either.

Yay someone else who watches Plinket <3

On topic: I'd show them the original three when they were ~10, or earlier if they showed signs of early nerdism like I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Meowmar View Post
    The only time there's blood is when Obi Wan (Ben at this time) cuts off Ponda Baba's arm in A New Hope (Mos Eisley). The other scenes don't have blood. But I'm sure Anakin being [spoilers] cut up into pieces and fried up could traumatize kids.
    dunno its made sence to me if you touch lava , it teach your kid not to play with fire
    Last edited by nightmarez; 2011-04-18 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    dunno its made sence to me if you touch lava , it teach your kid not to play with fire
    On the other hand, showing them that storm troopers can't aim for shit may lead them astray about actual police...

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zael View Post
    Responsible parents don't let their children watch bad science fiction.

And yes, that means no Star Trek, either.
    That seems a bit extreme, TOS and TNG were both great sci-fi, hell DS9 was decent as well, what on earth is bad about a message of hope and discovery for the future, just because the acting and CGI aren't necessarily up to today's standards does not make them bad. Admittedly a fair few of the movies leave something to be desired but that is no reason to prevent them from watching the episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Release order.

People were smart enough to understand that way before, your kids will be fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spondoo View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about. The Matrix trilogy was amazing altogether, I think people just compare the sequels to the original and they lose all credibility. The way the story flowed was great, though there were some major plot holes as shown in Reloaded. And I think people hated Revolutions because there was no Matrix action besides the final showdown. And ofc the Deus Ex Machina was just random as hell.
    The 2nd and 3rd Matrix films were awful, also without a doubt the humans are the ones acting like complete and utter arseholes in that universe.