Deleted

Heroic Atramedes kiting help

A basic inquiry: I (a balance druid) am kiting the beam during heroic atramedes p2 10man. I have two questions regarding it:

1. I sometimes get hit right away after I've hit the gong and the beam jumps onto me. I'm already running when this happens. How do I stop it?

2. I use dash the first phase, but is stampeding roar and body and soul enough for the second?

Cheers.

The Priest can also use Leap of Faith on you.

Doubt #2 is enough if you're hitting the gong as soon as it's on the first person. I do it as a rogue and I have to glyph sprint, rocket jump, and cloak to make it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Make sure you don't pop movement speed stuff until the beam actually starts chasing you. One early mistake that people can make is to ring the gong and immediately pop dash/sprint. There's about a 7 second delay from the time you hit the gong until you actually should pop something.

Boss mods will tell you want you're actually being chased. Run then.

In regards to movement speed, Life Grip is very helpful. I don't think Stampeding Roar will be enough, though the patch is giving it more movement speed, so who knows.

Just remember to wait on the Life Grip until you're actually being chased. Otherwise, it's completely wasted.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also consider using Swiftness Potions. They are a lifesaver (sometimes literally lol) for our H Atra kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    1. I sometimes get hit right away after I've hit the gong and the beam jumps onto me. I'm already running when this happens. How do I stop it?
    I raged out a few times before coming to terms with the fact that you NEED some sort of speed boost every single time to survive it. Just running isn't enough. So we have our priest using Body & Soul on each target and Life Gripping if it's going to kill someone or just to help out. The priest calls on vent if he can't reach me so I can hit rocket boots or whatever.

I as rogue am on gong duty and whenever I hit the gong I wait a few seconds and start running already and whenever the beam starts I pop sprint.
    If I'm correct the druid 'sprint' has about a 3m cd so you can use it the 1st time and let a priest speed bubble, lifegrip you when needed.
    Though I usually have about 8-9 seconds to kite before the ground phase and can make this easily without sprint and just a speed bubble.

Priests are a life saver. If you have another druid make sure he's also roaring you.

What you need to have happen is you hit the gong, start running north (towards atramedes spawning point). When you are beginning to run out of room and the fire is catching up to you, have a priest ready to lifegrip you back towards the main portion of the room. Assuming you didnt hit he gong too early, this will give you plenty of time to keep running safely before the beam gets to you again. Remember, only use your dash/speed boost abilities once you see the beam actually hit the ground and start following you. Any sooner and you are wasting valuable run speed increase. Look into getting a stack of potions of swiftness as well, they are extremely handy if you need to use one to survive.

Is it possible to do this fight without a priest? We are having issues when we 1st go into airphase and Atra tracks a random person. Usually Atra tends to pick someone without much of a personal run speed boost, which means we have to use the gong fairly quickly, which leaves our mage having to kite the beam 13 seconds+ Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by irismoon View Post
    Is it possible to do this fight without a priest? We are having issues when we 1st go into airphase and Atra tracks a random person. Usually Atra tends to pick someone without much of a personal run speed boost, which means we have to use the gong fairly quickly, which leaves our mage having to kite the beam 13 seconds+ Any ideas?
    Use speed potions, make sure everyone who doesn't have a personal speed boost got one.

Deleted
    In 10 man we usually make the first target kite the beam for 5-10 seconds. We have our druid stay close to the persons without and speed boosts so he can give them stampeding roar if targeted. Then after 5-10 seconds a hunter clicks a gong and kites for the remainder of the time without any issues. Just disengage, aspect of the cheetah and in-case you get caught, detterance.

Hm I have tried aspect of the cheetah and seemed to always get dazed even without touching and rings or fire etc.

Leatherworkers can also use Drums of Speed to help out. The movement speed buff stacks with everything else.

Hmm we do this every week and only use a gong after the first person has kited for a bit. It's my understanding that you simply need to just be moving before it goes on you and then receive a speed buff (B&S, Grip, Sprint, etc.) or at the very least have a passive movement speed increase such as Inner Will on a priest or the other classes that have 15% movement speed passives. I do this on heroic every week on my Rogue and have never died and I think I've only died once on my priest because I was healing as it spawned on me instead of being already in motion.