Thread: Fire > Cho'gall

Fire > Cho'gall

Ok so kind of torn on where I should have posted this but it is more of a Mage related question than just a generic raid question. Ive been looking over some of the WoL's for Cho'gall and it seems like Fire Mages are pretty dominant. What I don't understand is how in the heck people are pulling 35-42,000 DPS. Im doing 24-28,000 DPS on average in that encounter so is there something im missing that favors Mages? Would really appreciate the help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballz157 View Post
    Ok so kind of torn on where I should have posted this but it is more of a Mage related question than just a generic raid question. Ive been looking over some of the WoL's for Cho'gall and it seems like Fire Mages are pretty dominant. What I don't understand is how in the heck people are pulling 35-42,000 DPS. Im doing 24-28,000 DPS on average in that encounter so is there something im missing that favors Mages? Would really appreciate the help.
    Stacking blood corruption with disc priests.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Because a usual strategy for H Cho'Gall is to let your mages reach 100% corruption, and therefore increasing their damage by like 100%, to beat the enrage.

These mages are stacking up to 100 corruption and being kept alive with shields. They spend the entire encounter spamming pyroblast.

lol ahhh ok. seems that they are doing it in normal as well as heroic. now i can tell my guild leader to get off my a*s about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    These mages are stacking up to 100 corruption and being kept alive with shields. They spend the entire encounter spamming pyroblast.
    Heck yes we do

Deleted
    Is people doing this in normals aswell or just in Heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Aumi View Post
    Is people doing this in normals aswell or just in Heroic?

Probably normal as well since if you have the practice, it makes the soft enrage a joke.

Deleted
    Wht is the name if this buff/debuff wouldn't mind looking into it. And why is it Mage are the only ones using it. Wouldn't a lock or sp find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    Wht is the name if this buff/debuff wouldn't mind looking into it. And why is it Mage are the only ones using it. Wouldn't a lock or sp find it useful.
    sp wont get as much benefit from it as a fire mage because firemage's big nuke (pyroblast) has no cd, while a sp's (mind blast) has cd.

I don't know about locks though. I thought soulfire was pretty much the same?

Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    sp wont get as much benefit from it as a fire mage because firemage's big nuke (pyroblast) has no cd, while a sp's (mind blast) has cd.

I don't know about locks though. I thought soulfire was pretty much the same?
    Problem with locks is that we're very mana inefficient, so unless we're just talking about only Soulfiring Cho'gall and the big adds, a lock is going to run out of mana VERY quickly even as Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    It's the Corruption mechanic. Makes Pyroblast either instant or very quick cast. Mages aren't the only ones that use it, but we're talking about them specifically because that's what the OP wanted.