Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Anyone else ready for SWTOR!!??

at first i wasnt too sure about the game

the first video with the older UI and what-not made me not so sure... but the recent videos got my hyped up so much i cant wait for it...

im trying to look for more pvp videos or were they talk more about pvp

so i got 2 questions for u?

1. are u hyped for SWTOR?
    2. if u know any pvp related videos for SWTOR please tell me kk? lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I would be if there was a Mac version. =(
    Facilis Descensus Averno

there isn't a mac version?! Man... thats a lot of lost subs..

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    I would be if there was a Mac version. =(
    MACs LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

well actually i hear some1 that they plan for the game to have a mac version and that la(b/p)top users are also getting something

10+ Year Old Account
    I WAS hyped for SWTOR, but the videos turned me off and seriously, Bioware don't know what they are doing. SWTOR will have a big opening and yes they will surely survive the first month because they have a good fanbase due to the fact they use the Star Wars theme. Seriously, except the space combats, this is just a WoW with lightsabers. Yeah it's fun at first, but when there is nothing new, you lose interest over time. I had the same problem with Rift, nothing new to the genre, so why playing the same WoW, but with another name?

So in general, I'm kinda disappointed of what SWTOR is becoming. This is SURE that I will try out this game, because I'm a "fan" of Star Wars and maybe it will be better then my first impression (I hope so), but Bioware are amateurs in the MMO industry(Yeah they have big experience in RPG!), so don't get too hyped or you could be disappointed...

For a PvP Video, the only one I know is that one;
    Last edited by Korao; 2011-04-19 at 06:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not hyped yet but im waiting it! but its gonna be disappeared when battlefield 3 comes out at fall !

Deleted
    waiting for it since announce;p

Its hard to be hyped when we don't know when it is coming out.
    But yes, I am excited for it.

The people calling this game "another wow-clone" obviously haven't looked into this game at all, its what most people do when they can't form their own opinion and just want to bash games for the sake of it.

Oh, off-topic, but you guys don't need to "warn" others about your English, if people complain about it they get infracted. Most of you type better than most anyway.
    Also, this topic has no place in the general forums, there are off-topic forums for a reason people.
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-04-19 at 07:04 AM.

I think a turn off is the real lack of item looks. Oh I have a blue light sabre, OH NOW I HAVE A GREEN EPIC ONE! Woo!!!

Gray robes, black robes. Awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    wront topic. m8

No Tusk Club.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh guys, anyone know what the playable races will be in SWTOR?:P
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by Korao View Post
    I WAS hyped for SWTOR, but the videos turned me off and seriously, Bioware don't know what they are doing. SWTOR will have a big opening and yes they will surely survive the first month because they have a good fanbase due to the fact they use the Star Wars theme. Seriously, except the space combats, this is just a WoW with lightsabers. Yeah it's fun at first, but when there is nothing new, you lose interest over time. I had the same problem with Rift, nothing new to the genre, so why playing the same WoW, but with another name?

So in general, I'm kinda disappointed of what SWTOR is becoming. This is SURE that I will try out this game, because I'm a "fan" of Star Wars and maybe it will be better then my first impression (I hope so), but Bioware are amateurs in the MMO industry(Yeah they have big experience in RPG!), so don't get too hyped or you could be disappointed...

actually a recent SWTOR thread had a really good showcase of an instance and i suspect their latest UI(which looked great)

im not sure if u saw the old videos i kinda got discouraged when i saw though videos but these new 1s are better...

and im pretty sure they have some people to help me out in the MMO department... i would say that they dont know what they are doing... they atleast had to know/learn the basics... and of course the most import part:

innovation

Deleted
    I think the immersion in the Star Wars universe is what most people are looking for and if they manage to do something that Blizzard can't like balanced and fun PvP it will be a contender for No.2 MMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenFlames View Post
    Eh guys, anyone know what the playable races will be in SWTOR?:P
    I think something like "Chiss, Human, Miraluka, Mirialan, Rattataki, Sith Pureblood, Twi’lek and Zabrak."

Quote Originally Posted by SuperomegaOP View Post
    actually a recent SWTOR thread had a really good showcase of an instance and i suspect their latest UI(which looked great)

im not sure if u saw the old videos i kinda got discouraged when i saw though videos but these new 1s are better...

and im pretty sure they have some people to help me out in the MMO department... i would say that they dont know what they are doing... they atleast had to know/learn the basics... and of course the most import part:

innovation
    That's what I was mainly saying, they LACK innovation...

Quote Originally Posted by Sockie View Post
    I think a turn off is the real lack of item looks. Oh I have a blue light sabre, OH NOW I HAVE A GREEN EPIC ONE! Woo!!!

Gray robes, black robes. Awesome.
    not sure if you are ignorant, or just trolling, they've already shown just a few of the items looks and they already seem to have used mre models then WoW did for the last 2 expacs.

Deleted
    Not hyped, it looks like a shitty game tbh, but then again I could miss out on something good, but meh.. I don't get the good vibes.

SWTOR is WoW with lightsabers ? /facepalm

U are one of those guys that take 1 information and twist it to your liking to justify your bashing on that game.

SWTOR is still in closed beta yet it is polished and ready for launch and offers more that WoW had to offer in its 5 years.

Grinding in SWTOR is barely existant, u actually have a choice/options in quests , focus is on story and not on grinding, from 1 to lvl 50 u have numerous more items and gear than WoW had from 1 to 85 and many more

Saying SWTOR is WoW with lightsabers is plain stupid and ignorant .

10+ Year Old Account
    this is just a WoW with lightsabers
    I think you need to look into what's being developed a bit more..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    SWTOR is WoW with lightsabers ? /facepalm

U are one of those guys that take 1 information and twist it to your liking to justify your bashing on that game.

SWTOR is still in closed beta yet it is polished and ready for launch and offers more that WoW had to offer in its 5 years.

Grinding in SWTOR is barely existant, u actually have a choice/options in quests , focus is on story and not on grinding, from 1 to lvl 50 u have numerous more items and gear than WoW had from 1 to 85 and many more

Saying SWTOR is WoW with lightsabers is plain stupid and ignorant .
    Yeah sure I read only 1 information... but sadly I'm all the time on their website reading every news/pages, I watch every videos and conferences, but yeah I don't know what I'm talking about. (And yeah I'm a big nolife and Star Wars fan...)

And when I was saying "WoW with ligthsabers", it was talking more of the combat gameplay aspect. You still need tanks(Trooper?), healers(Jedi Consular?) and DPS. You go to your target, start auto-attacking and do your rotation.(121213112131 or anything) Then you add some RNG for crit, dodge and everything... That's where I have a problem, in that case, if you fight with a wooden stick, a sword or a lightsaber, it still come back to the same concept.

But maybe it's just me, because since I saw the awesome interactive combat from GW2, that's more like what I want to see in a new-gen MMO. But anyway, I dont think my opinion count for you because, like you said, I'm just "plain stupid and ignorant".
    Last edited by Korao; 2011-04-19 at 07:34 AM.

ill be glad when it comes out, its going to suck every kid into it like a sponge.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 12:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    I think you need to look into what's being developed a bit more..
    i think you should, the dev's have stated that they're advocates of wow's questing system and have a "not broken, no need to fix it philosophy"