BoA items Xserver?

"Items
    Account Bound Items
    Many "Account Bound" heirlooms are now labeled as "Battle.net Account Bound", meaning that they can also be traded or mailed to characters that are on different World of Warcraft accounts under the same Battle.net account.
    Mail sent to characters on the same Battle.net account now arrives instantaneously, as it does for the same World of Warcraft account.
    Mailing account-bound items to characters of the opposite faction on the same Battle.net account will now correctly translate faction-specific items to their appropriate equivalent."

I saw this in the patch notes but I'm trying to figure out if theres a way to send across servers yet? My main server has all 10 slots full and I wanted to level characters with the new cata quests but not delete anything or pay for a server xfer to open a character slot.

i seem to remem reading somewhere that the cross-server bit hasnt been implemented yet, but they are working on it

hopeful for 4.2

No, not yet.

If you have more than one account and characters on the same server you can send them to yourself. eg if you are multiboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    I saw a tauren rolling on mail gear once and when I asked him, he said it was better than what he was wearing.
    Can you believe that? A cow wearing clothes? Ridiculous..

id also like to know if u can send it across servers, ive recently made a new toon on a new server nd the boa's would be pro

Blizzard wants some casual-scrubs to pay for a chartransfer to get heirlooms to another server.

10+ Year Old Account
    The system being implemented in the patch allows a character on one WoW account to send BoA items to a character on another WoW account on the same server as long as both accounts are attached to the same Battle.net accounts. All other limitations still apply.

With the way servers are currently set up and located, there is no cross communication between the servers within the WoW framework that allows a player to either mail an item or initiate an action on one server that results in an action on another server. Any such system would need to be built from the ground up.

Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    With the way servers are currently set up and located, there is no cross communication between the servers within the WoW framework that allows a player to either mail an item or initiate an action on one server that results in an action on another server. Any such system would need to be built from the ground up.
    I almost wish it was set up like an 'unlocking' mechanism like if you buy a pet on the blizzard store. All toons get it in the mail. There should be a vendor in org, and when your main toon buys a piece of BoA gear, it's unlocked across the whole account for any character you make.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    I almost wish it was set up like an 'unlocking' mechanism like if you buy a pet on the blizzard store. All toons get it in the mail. There should be a vendor in org, and when your main toon buys a piece of BoA gear, it's unlocked across the whole account for any character you make.
    This does seem like the easiest fix. I think the current problem with cross-server heirlooms is that your characters are stored on different servers (obviously) which means sending a request from one to another to confirm that the toon is actually yours, and if something were to go wrong the item could be lost completely. It might also take a few hours to go through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    This does seem like the easiest fix. I think the current problem with cross-server heirlooms is that your characters are stored on different servers (obviously) which means sending a request from one to another to confirm that the toon is actually yours, and if something were to go wrong the item could be lost completely. It might also take a few hours to go through.

This is a common suggestion, but it's a misconception. This system still requires that your server communicate with other servers. If they could do that we would already be mailing BoA's to other servers.

Yea I assume it's not as easy as I was thinking otherwise Blizzard would've done it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just set it up like the pets and star pony, you get that on every char/ every server... You can just delete the gear you dont need, i.e. The plate for your priest...