Resto Sham- whats so great about Enchanting?

As a PvP resto shamy I want the best professions to compliment my class/spec and PvP. I figured that JC and Engy (or BS) would be the top no brainer choices, but I keep hearing that JC and Enchant is the way to go. My question is why?

Lets look at the bonuses:
    JC: 3x +67 resil, Int, spirit, etc. **(+1 stat point)**
    Eng: Helm + 208 resil. Cogwheels and +208 Spirit Cogwheel. (Losing a potential -63 of resil to the 365 PvP helm)
    BS: 2 extra sockets. with JC = 2x +67 gain in stats
    LW: +130 int bracers (regular enchant = +50, so +80 gain)
    Ench: 2x +40 int

So the verdict to me is JC definitely, Engy for spirit gain or BS for resil gain. BUT Ench is equal to LW and Inscript.
    Can someone defend Enchanting as the best secondary profession for PvP resto shamy?
    Last edited by junkygood; 2011-04-19 at 08:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't make money off of Engineering, but you can make money off of Enchanting, leading to better enchants being available to you (if you're semi-poor like many pure PvPers are)
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    You can't make money off of Engineering, but you can make money off of Enchanting, leading to better enchants being available to you (if you're semi-poor like many pure PvPers are)
    Haha. That was a consideration of mine. It is true that I am broke (in WoW terms) and ench can be a gold maker, it still doesnt come out on top stat-wise.

With JC, the bonus is actually only +27, because otherwise you'd have a +40 gem in there. 3 x 27 = 81, so only 1 point over Enchanting.

Engineering seems like the only other profession that would give you a bonus imo.