Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Tol Barad ganking, why?

I totally understand some world pvp, some people like randomly fighting people in strange areas or in areas they can exploit to gain an unfair (or to them, funny) advantage. That's all part of being on a pvp server, and it's all well and good, I won't complain about it.

However, why do people roll around in packs of 5-10 in tol barad (especially the spider area) to gank solo people who are just killing spiders (especially for skins).

A) There's no challenge
    B) It doesn't start a war most of the time so it's not like they are starting some huge pvp battle by doing it.
    C) It doesn't yield a worthy reward, they each get like 2-3 honor points per kill, at like 1 a minute, it doesn't add up.

So the only thing I can think of is that they are basically just trolling people trying to get things done, I realize it's a pvp server, but there's a difference between fun, challenging or otherwise noteworthy pvp, and hopping off your mount to fire off 1 mind blast before your target dies to the 9 other spells hitting him at once, then hopping on your mount and making a big circle until you see the person again. I don't get it.

Anyone know why people do this?
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

because your on a pvp server... you wanna live roll in a pack.

And this is why World PVP gave way to instanced PVP, people who don't get that world PVP isn't about "PVPing when it's convenient for both parties"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been on both sides of this, but usually no more than a group of 3-5 (not 5-10 lol), personally I find its something to do while I sit in queue's or waiting for my arena partners to come online, or just to kill a few minutes. Being on the ganked side isn't all that fun, but it's part of being on a pvp server, if its just 3-5 of them I try and get a few people to come with me out there to fight back with them, cause at least for me a even battle is much more fun than 3-5v1. If it really bothers you that much, get a group for the dailies, doing stuff in a group is always more fun (subject to personal opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that kind of PvP is the only form of pure PvP in the game, where all you do is play without playing for rewards?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

10+ Year Old Account
    The question isn't that they do it, but why you allow them to do it to you -- when you are fully aware they are around to do it.

I fondly remember the ever fun "Isl of Gank" back in the day. You went there knowing there was a high probability you'd face a goon squad and either played around it or stayed away.

Ever think of skinning owles in Twilight Highlands?

Just a thought...
    -- Tova
    Keeper of the flame, Master of the flame thrower
    Farming Bots are for hackers, report em and watch them go off-line.
    Premium Service Members never fly Coach -- we upgrade to First Class.

Deleted
    TB is a PvP zone no matter which way you cut it. Get in a pack and gank them back usually they are PvE heroes and you will do just fine with one or two mates.

Ok, Ive been in tb wanting to kill, but sometimes just want to skin crocs w/e. If you get ganked, just dont do anything and go afk take a piss. If you dont retaliate they lose interest real fast.

Tol Barad is designed to enforce world pvp and ganking. And where I;m not a huge fan of killing people just "doing their things done" I occasionally do exactly what you wrote there. On most occasions it however does start bigger world pvp war. You start by ganking few allies in the spider area. THen you move to their GV and gank them there untill they start writing in /1 for help. More allies come - let the battle begin..

Even Blizz said that they are intentionally put both factions close to each other on a daily basis to enforce more faction pvp. And to be fair I don't believe you should be able to quest there alone. Get friends, inv other people from your faction and learn to defend yourself..

But yea its a PvP zone so...

pvp zone, that's why.

I wish Blizzard would create a version of the game where this kind of stuff can't happen.

Deleted
    How can trolling the other faction not be fun? You just gave a valid reason.

Quote Originally Posted by DariusMDeV View Post
    I wish Blizzard would create a version of the game where this kind of stuff can't happen.
    Just roll a PvE server?

People will come in here and argue against it but jumping on someone that has 3-4 mobs on them isn't world pvp...

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's one of the few things left in the game that is fun to do. I routinely do this every time I log on. Mostly because it's fun, but also because I get QQ messages on RealID and it makes me LOL irl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaide View Post
    I totally understand some world pvp, some people like randomly fighting people in strange areas or in areas they can exploit to gain an unfair (or to them, funny) advantage. That's all part of being on a pvp server, and it's all well and good, I won't complain about it.

However, why do people roll around in packs of 5-10 in tol barad (especially the spider area) to gank solo people who are just killing spiders (especially for skins).

A) There's no challenge
    B) It doesn't start a war most of the time so it's not like they are starting some huge pvp battle by doing it.
    C) It doesn't yield a worthy reward, they each get like 2-3 honor points per kill, at like 1 a minute, it doesn't add up.

So the only thing I can think of is that they are basically just trolling people trying to get things done, I realize it's a pvp server, but there's a difference between fun, challenging or otherwise noteworthy pvp, and hopping off your mount to fire off 1 mind blast before your target dies to the 9 other spells hitting him at once, then hopping on your mount and making a big circle until you see the person again. I don't get it.

Anyone know why people do this?
    I'm first going to answer your question with another question. Then I'm going to insult you.

Why do you expect to quest/farm in peace on a PvP server? They are playing the game as intended, please go away.

You are an idiot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay here's a valid reason: Because every time I try to listen to music on Youtube I get bombarded with VEVO ads, and it erks me, so I take out my aggression by ownagizing people in TB.

10+ Year Old Account
    because it's great fun!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Thanks to like like 90% of you who just basically restated exactly what I said and for some reason thought you were answering my question. *I KNOW* it's a pvp server and I'm not saying they don't have a right to gank if they want to, again, PVP SERVER. I get that, I'm wondering WHY they do it. I got a couple answers, kill time waiting for partners, pvp wars (rare as hell, so not a good reason), or trolling (like my guess).

For those of you who like trolling people in this way, I suggest you go read up on sociopaths, because REAL trolls are basically the internet equivalent. Just because you can't see the person doesn't mean they don't exist.

When I say 8-10, it's no joke. Come to Scilla, roll Ally (I hate ally, sigh... friends here), and try doing tb without running into groups of 8-10 horde in any of 4-5 guilds just taking control of the zone 24-7, if you're really lucky, you'll run into rainbow revenge, 25-40 man raids just sitting outside the alliance base camp, I've only ever seen it break into a pvp war 3-4 times ever, and they usually lose, because guilds like that rely on numbers not skill.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 07:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    I'm first going to answer your question with another question. Then I'm going to insult you.

Why do you expect to quest/farm in peace on a PvP server? They are playing the game as intended, please go away.

You are an idiot.
    Thanks, happy to clear your lot out.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    OP, why you mad, bro? Transfer, problem solved. Farm your skins elsewhere if it's that big a deal to you.
    ill probably be infracted for this post