Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Paladin minor glyphs need changing

I've only played a handful of classes but paladin is the most fun to me and is my main. However, after cataclysm expansion, our minor glyphs got a hit. Reduce the mana costs of buffs that last an hour? I understand we no longer have reagents to buy, but all of our minor glyphs reduce mana costs of our buffs. Why?

Druids get a faster swim speed, mages can polymorph humaniods to monkeys instead of sheep, shamans can get an arctic wolf form, but paladins get reducing mana costs of buffs, that last a whole hour that we may not have to re-buff again; so its no like it hurts our mana to cast it. We buff everyone at the beginning and good to go for an hour. Why did Blizzard give us these glyphs?

I personally miss the 1% damage increase to Undead while "See Undead" was active. Very fun in ICC. But these new glyphs have no value to our raiding or heroics.

Now, if you could change the paladin minor glyphs, what are your ideas? I would like to see Rebuke have a ranged interrupt instead at melee range but increase its cooldown. Or something fun, like when you used to cast Holy Shield it gave your shield a holy aura around it. Maybe get something like that?

What are your thoughts fellow paladins?

Minor glyphs are not meant to have any change on raiding or heroics. They are suppose to be minor things. The ones you listed also have no buff on raiding or heroics.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsu View Post
    Minor glyphs are not meant to have any change on raiding or heroics. They are suppose to be minor things. The ones you listed also have no buff on raiding or heroics.
    What about glyph of shackle undead for priest, increasing that spell range for 5 yards; wouldnt that be helpful a little bit on the adds in the Nef encounter? Or warrior glyph of intimidating shout where they tremble in place instead of fleeing; would that be helpful on phase 3 kiting adds on Nef encounter in blackwing descent? I actually wouldn't know if they would be helpful because i've never played those classes, but they sound like they would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude... go to wowtal.com and look at minor glyphs for warriors, druids, warlocks, mages. Basically all classes 'cept paladins.

Then come back and say that again.

Paladin minor glyphs have been the crappiest and most boring ones by far ever since glyphs were implemented in WotLK. I don't even find them as much useless as they are utterly boring and non-consequential.

I mean... c'mon. 50% mana off buff spells?...

I know this sounds like I'm QQing about my class, but I believe paladin minor glyphs to be the most lazy ones for a while. And being a WoW player since early TBC, god knows I have enough alts to compare to.

IMO minor paladin glyphs should be like glyph of Holy Wrath is - added LIMITED utility.
    Last edited by zealous; 2011-04-19 at 11:40 PM.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Dude... go to wowtal.com and look at minor glyphs for warriors, druids, warlocks, mages. Basically all classes 'cept paladins.

Then come back and say that again.

Paladin minor glyphs have been the crappiest and most boring ones by far ever since glyphs were implemented in WotLK. I don't even find them as much useless as they are utterly boring and non-consequential.

I mean... c'mon. 50% mana off buff spells?...

I know this sounds like I'm QQing about my class, but I believe paladin minor glyphs to be the most lazy ones for a while. And being a WoW player since early TBC, god knows I have enough alts to compare to.

IMO minor paladin glyphs should be like glyph of Holy Wrath is - added LIMITED utility.

Our minor glyphs are boring. Those other classes minor glyphs are not going really make much of a difference in dungeons or raids. I mean making swim speed faster? Changing what your polymorph looks like? Changing the look of tree of life? I don't have a warrior so can't say much about them.

I stand by my statement. Minor glyphs are meant to be small things, not really anything important. Could blizzard do a better job on ours? Sure they could. I think a great one would be increasing the duration of our seals so they are on same time frame as our blessings.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

We need Glyph of Bubble-Hearth.
    The only good minor glyph we had so far was Lay on Hands (and for some reason they thought it was too powerful duh)

Deleted
    Yeah they are terrible. Insight arguably has some merit if you get combat ressed as prot

Even if they have no affect on raiding or heroics, thats fine with me. Just make some to make the class even more fun. It's almost like the devs said, 'So, what about paladin minors everybody? Oh, just reduce mana costs of their buffs. Ok next class?" My imagination fails me on what neat minors we could get, but if I was paid several million dollars a month from subscribers, i'd definatly put some more art into it

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Making Rebuke ranged would be way too good for a minor glyph. Even with a CD increase.
    this would not in any way be good. in fact, it would be a nerf to Rebuke. We used to have a semi-ranged interrupt. It was called Hammer of Justice and it had a longer CD. In fact, we still have it(sorta, not the interrupt part, but whatev) and it has a glyph to make the range longer with no cd increase. Furthermore, Prot paladins do have a ranged interrupt. Its called Avengers Shield. plus they/we got rebuke too.

The whole point of us getting rebuke was so we could have an off-the-gcd-short-cd interrupt. not so we could interrupt at range.

The only minor glyph that would be of any value would be the bubble hearth glyph.....if it ever comes. dont hold your breath fellas.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Deleted
    Mage and Druid Minor glyphs say HI!!!

Reduced mana cost for buffs makes it so you can rebuff mid fight for less of a drain after a B-Rez. You'll never get a glyph of fail-hearth. Minor glyphs aren't meant to be game changers, you don't need a buff.

I wouldn't mind the mana cost off Rebuke being a minor glyph.

A change of color for our Guardian? A size? Give Templar's Verdict a cool animation cause all our animations suck?

My own idea I'd like to see:

Glyph of Repent and Sin
    Minor Glyph
    Causes the target affected by Repentance to kneel down.

---------- Post added 2011-04-19 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dystrukshun View Post
    Reduced mana cost for buffs makes it so you can rebuff mid fight for less of a drain after a B-Rez. You'll never get a glyph of fail-hearth. Minor glyphs aren't meant to be game changers, you don't need a buff.
    Actually, a Glyph of bubble-hearth was intended for the Paladin class, but too many players bitched about it. Probably you.

Deleted
    A minor glyph that makes paladin heals have green flames.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minor Glyph of Guardian of Ancient Kings - Increase the size of your guardian by 150%
    Minor Glyph of Rebuke - When Succesfully interupt a cast, give you a glow effect (read it above, good idea!)
    Minor Glyph of Divine Shield - The paladin turns all pink when he bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Téuntjûh View Post
    Minor Glyph of Guardian of Ancient Kings - Increase the size of your guardian by 150%
    Let me expand on this one and make it better :

While your guardian is out you two merge to form the Gold Power Ranger.

Deleted
    Game changer? Buff? I fail to see how bubble hearthing is a buff. It was simply a very fun and iconic ability for the Paladin, which usually meant a much longer run back to the instance(if used in an instance), or removed access of the PvP area(whether in a battleground or miles across the sea in Hillsbrad).

Anyway, I agree our minor glyphs are extremely weak(buffs aren't expensive in the first place, and you're not going to be throwing more than one during battle resses anyway), and I really hope they're going to implement something more interesting(even if it's just to add a visual effect for Righteous Fury or something)

Glyph of hands- Gives Hand of freedom and hand of protection their old animations (when they were blessings)

Deleted
    Rofl all of the DK minors actually have utility, be quiet.

Lets see what mages get.

Glyph of monkey/penguin => poly changes from sheep to some other animal and it's useless.
    Glyph of arcane brillance => reduced mana cost (same as paladins).
    Glyph of slow fall => saves you some bagspace, but nothing gamebreaking.
    Glyph of armors => armors now last 1 hour instead of 30 minutes.
    Glyph of conjuring => only useful if you need to conjure a new set of gems mid combat which is rarely
    Glyph of Mirror images => yay my images now shoot a different color of bolt.

All in all minor glyphs are mostly useless and they're intented to be. At least the mana reduction is nice when you need to rebuff in combat.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    While your guardian is out you two merge to form the Gold Power Ranger.
    Or better:

Instead of summoning the guardian, YOU become the Golden Knight! Now that would be cool...