Poll: So many new games

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

10+ Year Old Account

Question So Many New Games

so there is a semi long list of new games to hit the market as of recently.
    Portal 2
    Mortal Kombat
    Crysis 2
    Homefront
    Bulletstorm (early access to Gears 3 beta, as i play on 360)

i want to buy one so i will have something new and fun to play. Which one do you think i should get? thanks in advance for your opinion.

Edit: I'm leaning towards Mortal Kombat or Portal 2
    Last edited by Kardezar; 2011-04-20 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought Portal 2 yesterday, and it's just awesome, the voice acting is brilliant, it's as funny as the first, I haven't gotten far yet, since I raided yesterday, but the levels seem bigger already. MK will prob be awesome as well.
    Bulletstorm had some negative reviews afaik, repetitive apparently. I hated crysis 1, not planning on buying the second. Haven't checked into homefront

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, i think crysis 2 was more of a visual display. especially for ps3 in 1080p. none of my friends are playing it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal Kombat is amazing, I played the story line of homefront felt kind of disappointed, but MK is definatly worth the pick up especially if you played 1,2, and 3 as a kid
    I choose to be a serial killer 'Cause the victims don't get any fame.

Deleted
    Crysis 2 multiplayer was quite fantastic but cheaters completely ruined it. I would suggest not buying portal 2 for the full price since it's so short but instead I would recommend games like Shogun: total war, since it has a huge replay value. I also would recommend Dragon Age 2 since currently you get a free mass effect 2 copy and both in my opinion are excellent games (especially ME 2). So if you can get dragon age 2 for less than 40$ I suggest you get those.

Also for bulletstorm it's extremely short (around 6 hours to play through) though it's rather fun. And Crysis 2 single player is also 6 hours so quite short as well.

Mortal Kombat is soooo gooooood.

Best MK since the first 3. Probably better I just have a soft spot for them due to nostalgia.

Deleted
    I've been playing MK demo on PS3 with a bunch of friends and the only thing I can say is that if you liked this game before you gonna like it now, fatalities are awesome, the combos are great and it's bloody as always. But this imo is a game best suited to play with friends in a social environment. Never been a fan of fighting games solo part.

Bulletstorm is a awesome game, I played through the entire storyline and not only is it beautiful, but it's freakin hilarious. The voice acting, the jokes and most of all the game-play is all top notch. The biggest downside of this game is that the multi-player modes suck, unless you like time-challenges. But trust me when I say, if you like old-school shooters where you blow crap up and the more creative you get in your blowing up the enemy the more points you get then you are going to love this game.

Havn't tried Portal or Crysis yet so I wont say anything about those, and Homefront is nothing of interest when you have and abundance of similar shooters on the market that most likely are better.

Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Astralvibe View Post
    I've been playing MK demo on PS3 with a bunch of friends and the only thing I can say is that if you liked this game before you gonna like it now, fatalities are awesome, the combos are great and it's bloody as always. But this imo is a game best suited to play with friends in a social environment. Never been a fan of fighting games solo part.

The single player portion of MK has a storymode and tons of other content to do. It is by far the best fighting game for a single player. The storymode is very well done, there's the challenge tower, tons of shit to unlock.

Playing with friends will almost always be more fun, but there is enough single player content in this game for any fan to pick it up. My friends couldn't come over yesterday when I picked the game up so I spent a majority of the night going through the single player. 2/3 through the story (by my estimates) and haven't even touched the challenge tower yet. This is after playing a good 6 hours straight.

10+ Year Old Account
    i bought Mortal Kombat, it is amazing. I have taken a liking to Sub Zero.

definitely mortal kombat. Portal 2 is great, but it doesn't have much re playability as of yet, and wont last near as long as mortal kombat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    definitely mortal kombat. Portal 2 is great, but it doesn't have much re playability as of yet, and wont last near as long as mortal kombat.
    yeah, re-playability, and multiplayer are key in my opinion.