Bear charge, think it should cost no rage or even generate rage?

I think it would be great during 5mans to be able to charge into a group of mobs even without any rage and maybe even generate rage by doing so. Might kick my Enrage habit and make it a lot less punishing when we have no rage or enrage. (The slow run into a pack of mobs is slightly embarrassing)

Lets be honest, even if they removed the rage cost its not going to break anything - its cost is only 5 rage at the moment. All it would mean is if you are stranded between pulls with no rage or enrage you would be able to do something.

Now that Feral Charge is only available to Ferals as well, I can't see much logic to the 5 rage cost, or what it is meant to achieve.

15+ Year Old Account
    use enrage if you got no rage at the start of a pull
    use growl + feiry fire if you have no rage and enrage is on cooldown and some stoopid dpers pulled
    start auto-attacknig right away

this all helps perfectly building rage at a start.

also whit 2/2 stampede you get +30%0 haste after a charge, this haste means 30% faster melee attack witch also gives you 30% more rage

so yes it be usefull if it cost 0 rage or if it gve rage instead but i never have a problem using it tbh, espeicaly when you charge in you have al the mobs pounding on ou so you get rage for you first trash fast enough
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Homogenization FTL.

Now that Feral Charge is only available to Ferals as well, I can't see much logic to the 5 rage cost, or what it is meant to achieve.
    It's a holdover from when it used to also interrupt.

It should be fixed.

Agreed. The Rage cost is inappropriate, and definitely not worth the minor root function of it. But, It would be interesting if there were a bimodal function to it. Such as this:
    Feral charge
    8-25 yd range
    15 second CD
    charge the enemy and generates 15 rage, and immobilizes the target when used out of combat.
    charge the enemy, costing 5 rage and immobilizing the target (or stunning for 1-2 sec) when used in combat.

The programming should already be there because there are many skills that are only usable out of combat, And mods/macros are capable of recognizing both in and out of combat status to determine what to cast. Should be able to combine the two in one skill on server side.
    Last edited by Morphologic; 2011-04-20 at 05:19 PM.

Thing I dont understand about it requiring rage is that now its just like Warriors Charge ability...why would it (feral charge) cost rage while warriors charge GIVES rage. I know there are quite a few people against the whole concept of making every class have the same abilities and whatnot but yeah...this is kinda silly

Guys u forgot about furor, it gives 10 rage when shapeshift in bear and charge needs 5 rage...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz470 View Post
    Thing I dont understand about it requiring rage is that now its just like Warriors Charge ability...why would it (feral charge) cost rage while warriors charge GIVES rage. I know there are quite a few people against the whole concept of making every class have the same abilities and whatnot but yeah...this is kinda silly
    Really it's not like warrior charge, it's more their Intercept.
    In BC, bears had an advantage that they could charge in combat - warriors had to stance dance if they really wanted to (and I doubt they did it much - I know I didn't on my war).

Quote Originally Posted by skitz470 View Post
    The rage cost is a holdover from when it used to interrupt.

Since it no longer does this, it should be updated.
    Ssunflash- Feral Bear

Reesi's Beartank Guide - the guide all bear tanks should read
    Theincbear.com - the other thing you should read, too.

Deleted
    Furor. Powershift -> Charge.