Deleted

building up a new pc

hey everybody,

im building up a new pc for me and i just wanna hear the opinion of the community about it.

the specs are:

RAM: DDR3-RAM 4 GB, 1333 MHz, CL9, CORSAIR ValueSelect

drive: DVD-+R/-+RW SATA LG GH-22NS50, bulk, schwarz

HDD: SATA II Samsung SpinPoint F3, 500 GB, 16MB Cache

case: Midi ENERMAX Volcanus,schwarz

graphics: PCI-E 2.0 ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5, retail, 1024MB

Mainboard S-1155 ASUS P8H67-M Pro (Rev.3.0), Micro-ATX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit SP1 DVD, DSP, deutsch

PSU: ATX 600 Watt, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Series, 80Plus

Prozessor INTEL Core i5 - 2400, 3,10GHz, LGA1155, Quad-Core, Boxed

im looking forward to your advices,
    greetings

I suggest buying a P67 mobo and not the H67 you have picked out. You don't need built-in video. Even though you have the 2400 picked out, you can still overclock it some. You won't be able to do that with a H67. You should also look into getting an AMD 6950. They generally are cheaper and outperform the Nvidia GTX 560 Ti. Overall, I think you have some good parts picked out and will end up with a great system. Viel Glück!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll throw in the standard answer nao.

Go P67 motherboard and 2500K processor, with a K. Then do a 4GHz overclock by simply setting multiplier on 40, or go for higher clocks by studying up on voltage settings etc for sandy bridge.

He cant overclock it at all hes picked out a non K chip
    To overclock you need both a K chip and P motherboard, if your not going to overclock get a H board itll sav you money.
    Graphics wise its your choice, the 6950 is actually more expensive but does outperform it.
    Nvidia drivers are much better than radeon.
    Imo if you were willing to spend a little more a GTX 570 / 480 would be a better card and last alot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'll throw in the standard answer nao.

Go P67 motherboard and 2500K processor, with a K. Then do a 4GHz overclock by simply setting multiplier on 40, or go for higher clocks by studying up on voltage settings etc for sandy bridge.
    Thats stupid you can get 4.4 -4.6 on most chips without touching on voltages.
    Last edited by dfarrall; 2011-04-20 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dfarrall View Post
    Writing "go 4.6 by setting multiplier to 46 and be done with it" and crossing fingers that it'd work for everyone, now that'd be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Writing "go 4.6 by setting multiplier to 46 and be done with it" and crossing fingers that it'd work for everyone, now that'd be stupid.
    Well considering to even do an overclock on any of the new boards you have to change quite a few settings, your original statement is just as stupid.
    Anyway stay on topic.
    Last edited by dfarrall; 2011-04-20 at 01:54 PM.

Deleted
    thank you all for the replies.

iguess i stick with the h67 and 2400, cause i wont overclock it.
    any words on the psu? i am little unsecure if it would be enough or way too much for this config.

That PSU is fine, well branded and enough power for all your componenets. If your thinking of going SLI in the future you might want to consider a slightly more powerful one (850W)

He cant overclock it at all hes picked out a non K chip
    To overclock you need both a K chip and P motherboard, if your not going to overclock get a H board itll sav you money.
    Graphics wise its your choice, the 6950 is actually more expensive but does outperform it.
    Nvidia drivers are much better than radeon.
    Imo if you were willing to spend a little more a GTX 570 / 480 would be a better card and last alot longer.

Actually, you can overclock non-K CPUs. I own an i5-2400. Of course, you're not going to get huge overclocks like you can with the K series. If you check current newegg prices, the 560 Ti is $10 cheaper before MIR, or $4 cheaper with MIR. When I bought my build (2 weeks ago), the Ti was a few dollars more than the 6950. Considering you're getting 5-10 more FPS on titles with AMD, it's well worth the few dollar difference.
    Your opinion about AMD Vs Nvidia drivers is also bias. I've used both brands in the past 10 years, with the same experiences from both sides.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely 8GB of RAM unless you want to sit around and wait for Windows 7 x64 to catch up all the time. And it will only get worse. 4 GB is a joke nowadays to be honest.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k Cooler: NZXT Kraken X60 Thermal Paste: Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Formula RAM: 32GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2133 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OS: Windows 10 Pro PSU: Corsair AX860 80+ Platinum Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D Monitor: Dell U3415W 34" 21:9 3440x1440 Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G502 Headset: Logitech G35 Speakers: Logitech Z53 NAS: Synology DS214 Play (6TB RAID-0) Router: ASUS AC87R

Quote Originally Posted by muliku View Post
    hey everybody,

im building up a new pc for me and i just wanna hear the opinion of the community about it.

the specs are:

RAM: DDR3-RAM 4 GB, 1333 MHz, CL9, CORSAIR ValueSelect

drive: DVD-+R/-+RW SATA LG GH-22NS50, bulk, schwarz

HDD: SATA II Samsung SpinPoint F3, 500 GB, 16MB Cache

case: Midi ENERMAX Volcanus,schwarz

graphics: PCI-E 2.0 ASUS ENGTX560 Ti DCII/2DI/1GD5, retail, 1024MB

Mainboard S-1155 ASUS P8H67-M Pro (Rev.3.0), Micro-ATX

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit SP1 DVD, DSP, deutsch

PSU: ATX 600 Watt, COOLER MASTER Silent Pro Series, 80Plus

Prozessor INTEL Core i5 - 2400, 3,10GHz, LGA1155, Quad-Core, Boxed

im looking forward to your advices,
    greetings

Get the P8P67 with a I7 2600k. Might want a little bigger PSU depending on if you want to OC at all. The 2600k OC's like a BEAST You can easily hot 5.0Ghz with just a Air cooler, will run a little warm, but doable. I run mine at 5.6 atm until I can get a real water cooling set and not just the little Asetek 550 one I have now.

There's no way your pulling 4.4-4.6GHZ without a vcore adjustment. I don't care if you have a gold chip sample. Ain't happening. lol

Well considering to even do an overclock on any of the new boards you have to change quite a few settings, your original statement is just as stupid.
    Anyway stay on topic.
    LOL you are a retard. All you have to do with the new Asus P8P67 board with a 2600k is go into the EUFI and change the multiplier, its one click, and it does everythign else for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    LOL you are a retard. All you have to do with the new Asus P8P67 board with a 2600k is go into the EUFI and change the multiplier, its one click, and it does everythign else for you.
    You still have to adjust the vcore to get a stable OC, and the software auto OC utility is pretty crappy since it tends to place the voltage a bit high.

Quote Originally Posted by krognam View Post
    Definitely 8GB of RAM unless you want to sit around and wait for Windows 7 x64 to catch up all the time. And it will only get worse. 4 GB is a joke nowadays to be honest.
    You know nothing.... 4GB is fine for the majority of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizey View Post
    You still have to adjust the vcore to get a stable OC, and the software auto OC utility is pretty crappy since it tends to place the voltage a bit high.
    This. Enjoy frying your CPU when it keeps getting 1.5v through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samskeyti View Post
    Your opinion about AMD Vs Nvidia drivers is also bias. I've used both brands in the past 10 years, with the same experiences from both sides.
    You might have, but its well known that AMD drivers cause alot more problems than nvidia.