Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why is 2v2 still in the game?

50% chance of getting a 45 minute game where you lose points because 1v1 there is no way to kill a decent healer. That's what the game has come to and there's really no point in having a 2v2 anymore. I'm also getting 4-7 points for a win (against DECENT teams) and losing upwards of 10 for a loss to really good teams.

7-1 so far this week (at a 1800 rating, mmr is less) and our team has gained no more 20 points, how can this be possible? Do blizzard even care about 2v2? Why don't they just remove it for god sake.

*please don't tell me to just not play it then, i won't be playing it anymore but that's not the point..

Deleted
    Well, it is a first step into the arena for a good portion of the new PvP' ers, and a good practise before entering competitive 3vs3 arena matches.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chareoss View Post
    50% chance of getting a 45 minute game
    getting better solves that. getting better also gives you the common sense to not do 2v2 because it will waste your time and new players will make rants. OH HEY!
    where you lose points because 1v1 there is no way to kill a decent healer.
    then don't kill the healer
    That's what the game has come to and there's really no point in having a 2v2 anymore.
    some people enjoy it. and since they take out skirmishes who is it hurting to leave it in?
    I'm also getting 4-7 points for a win (against DECENT teams) and losing upwards of 10 for a loss to really good teams.
    getting better solves that. if you get a higher MMR you'll gain more on wins to balance out that PR and you would lose less because you haven't reached that MMR!
    7-1 so far this week and our team has gained no more 20 points, how can this be possible? Do blizzard even care about 2v2? Why don't they just remove it for god sake.
    This isn't Blizzard's fault. You're not doing well in their system, your own fault. You take the responsibility of taking the blame for it when you make the team, anyhow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    Well, it is a first step into the arena for a good portion of the new PvP' ers, and a good practise before entering competitive 3vs3 arena matches.
    Better to immerse yourself into the actual fights as soon as possible, since 3v3 is better practice for 3v3 than 2v2.
    Last edited by Whisperawr; 2011-04-20 at 12:29 PM.

Deleted
    because some people enjoy it? I use it to farm points with a friend, and I have fun doing it so why not?

50% chance of getting a 45 minute game where you lose points because 1v1 there is no way to kill a decent healer. That's what the game has come to and there's really no point in having a 2v2 anymore. I'm also getting 4-7 points for a win (against DECENT teams) and losing upwards of 10 for a loss to really good teams.

7-1 so far this week and our team has gained no more 20 points, how can this be possible? Do blizzard even care about 2v2? Why don't they just remove it for god sake.
    Well the reward has been taken out of 2's. The game isn't balanced around 2's, so I guess they felt the need to eliminate good incentive to participate. It's really only here for the people that enjoy it. It's also a source of easy conquest farming/capping every week.

I haven't run into a 45 min game at all. The longest has maybe been 10 mins. The game is easy: Keep (1) target CC'd while you blowup the other. I generally find double DPS easier and more fun for 2v2's.

I'm going completely against the grain here, but we're running Boomkin / Assassination Rogue and it's working VERY well. Most of the time when we lose it's due to large, stupid mistakes on our part. <3 Blades Edge / Nagrand arenas. Abusing arena terrain ftw.

50% chance of getting a 45 minute game where you lose points because 1v1 there is no way to kill a decent healer.
    Assuming you're a hunter from your avatar. You should be running double dps so if you can't burn either the dps or healer before your other dps dies then that's kind of your fault.
    Do blizzard even care about 2v2?
    They care about 2v2 almost as much as 1v1.
    Why don't they just remove it for god sake
    Because if I have to do the bg grind instead of grabbing some random person from /2 for pts then I'm going to kill myself.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

It give casual players their conquest points of the week.
    And it's also fun while played with a friend to spend time. Better than flying over the capital city hour after hour.

Deleted
    we play as resto shaman / destro lock, recently came up against a prot warrior / holy paly that would have gone on for hours. I think their tactic was to bore people into quitting (which we did after 20 or 30 mins ) I think we could have won, as they werent damaging us really, but it was going to take an extremely rare moment of cc and we just couldnt be bothered :P

Mr OP if you feel that 2vs2 should be removed, well just don't play it. 2 vs 2 is a good way for new pvp'ers to gain conquest points and practice before entering 3 vs 3 or 5 vs 5.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    Assuming you're a hunter from your avatar.
    If you read my post i said you can't kill a healer 1v1 meaning that each team has a healer. I'm referring to my holy paladin not hunter :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read my post i said you can't kill a healer 1v1 meaning that each team has a healer. I'm referring to my holy paladin not hunter :P
    If he read your post nothing would have changed. You could have been the 1 DPS on the team as a Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason 2v2 is still in the game is so that I don't have to trouble a second friend to boost my half naked alts for points each week.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    1800 rating, mmr is less
    that's why you're not getting many points for winning

the number of points you get for winning a game is not only effected by your mmr vs the other team's mmr, but also against your own team rating. If your team rating is higher than your match making rating, it means that you will receive less points for wins and lose more points for losses because the teams you are queuing against are lower than your team

Eventually, your MMR and team rating will be equal, whether that means your team rating will go down, or your MMR will go up depends on your skill. From that point, winning against higher rated teams will cause your mmr to raise above that of the team, causing you to get more points per win. For example, my MMR on my hunter in 3v3 is 2550. I started a new team with my partners because we wanted to have a better record.... and the name of the team we were on was "ROFLMAOBBQ"... We went 26-1 and since our MMR was so much higher than the team rating we recieved 95 points for each win , putting our brand new team up to 2406 while our MMR only raised to 2725.

it's still in the game because it's a great entry to arena for new pvp players or new arena players, and a great way to get geared up for competitive arenas.

idk why it's such a bad thing. if you don't like 2v2 don't play it. simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerfing healing in pvp would make 2v2 better.

i do 2v2 with an enhancement shaman and im ret paladin, we can get druid healers to 1k hp, then they'll lolfullhp in one global and still have enough mana to last another 5 hours.

they should removes 5's, and focus on 2's....

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Nerfing healing in pvp would make 2v2 better.
    Nerfing healing would make pure DPS comps retarded. 3's and 5's would in return be messed up. I guess it depends on how subtle the nerfs are, but it's not as easy as saying, "Nerf Healing and it'll be better". Once you nerf someone, another thing becomes OP.

The beauty of balance.

I enjoy playing 2v2 each week just for fun =/

Low rating but its funny to just mess around in 2v2.

removing it would be lame tbh, i kill healers in my mix of pve/pvp with a fair bit of ease

2v2 is cool if u play some ridiculous combo like roguewarrior/magemage/hunterwarrior/etc. otherwise i dont really find anything satisfactory about it

My favorite bracket and also most popular bracket. Sure games are longer but I dont mind about that.