Thread: [Music] Queen

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Music] Queen

Possibly one of the best artist of the day. Whats your favorite queen song?

I find queen is really under appreciated by a lot of people. (most people in my generation)
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies

Brighton Rock, off the Live Killers album. I just LOVE that song and version sooooo much.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    I vacillate on this from time to time. It's like trying to decide who your favorite child is. But I always come back to this being my favorite:

He was gay its a sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    They owned the rock/pop genre for a long time. They were the closest thing we had to the Beatles of the 70's imo. Pop music hasn't been good for decades.

Favorite Song: Too Many to name, but I think the Flash Gordon soundtrack captures the essence of the Band better than anything else, even though it wasn't their best work. "You're a Hero!" Refined simplicity, orchestrated to Jupiter and back.

I wish we had more dynamic rock bands like this, people are afraid of music now unfortunately...

Deleted
    probably I want to break free.

The musical we will rock you is really really good if you like Queen songs. It's also quite funny, although it mainly made me think "I forgot how many awesome songs Queen have"

Universally adored, there is not one person who doesn't like at least one Queen song.

Princes of the Universe is one of many great songs by one of the best rock bands ever.

1) He was bi, not gay.
    2) you are trolling, which is breaking the rules, which is not respecting thy neighbors, which is a sin

OT: I also like the stereotypical Bohemian Rhapsody. I really don't care how much people call it over played etc etc, it is still an AWESOME song.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Freddie Mercury may not have had the largest vocal range in the world, but god dammit could that man sing. I don't think there's a more defining voice in Rock than his.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Freddie Mercury may not have had the largest vocal range in the world, but god dammit could that man sing. I don't think there's a more defining voice in Rock than his.
    He may have had the largest vocal range in rock though! Couldn't he hit three octaves? He could sing about toothpaste and make it sound good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Queen was a great band, Freddie Mercury was a great vocalist. More than that, he was a great showman.

Who Wants to Live Forever......such a sad song.

Favourites? Uh..

In no paticular order;

I Want It All, for the absolutely amazing opening guitar solo and the sheer power and attitude the song puts out.

These Are the Days of Our Lives, because it's so heart-wrenchingly beautiful. I still well up whenever I hear him say "I still love you," the video doubley so (as he looks at the camera and says it).

Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon, because it's so cheerful.

Death on Two Legs, because it's a very stirring song of spite.

'39, because it just sounds so..wonderful. Brian May did a fantastic job.

Seven Seas of Rhye, just because.

Keep Yourself Alive, because it's so upbeat and has a really good tune going.

But mostly..

Good Old-Fashioned Lover Boy. "Take me back to yours, that will be fiiiiine..come on and get it~" God yes, Freddie.

I should probably narrow it down. I still love Bohemian Rhapsody, Radio Ga Ga, I Want to Break Free, etc. but those ones above stick out the most for me, but all besides Hot Space (which is hugely hit and miss in terms of good songs bar Another One Bites the Dust), I love every single one.

(I'll pay the bill, you taste the wiiiine..)

Edit: Also, reflecting on the 1986 Wembley live album makes his words all the more awesome/heartbreaking in hindsight;

"They say the band called 'Queen' is gonna be splitting up. What do you say to that?"

*Jeers from crowd.*

"They're talking from here!"

*Cheers.*

"No..we four..I'm sure we're gonna stay together 'till we f--king well die, how's about that?"

Damnit, Freddie.
    Last edited by Daxmort; 2011-04-21 at 02:24 AM.

I want to ride my BICYCLE! I want to ride my BIKE!
    I dont believe in peter pan, frankenstein, or superman!

they are all good tho !
    seldom does the passion of your pretense create an actuality in this reality.

just because... its funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marath View Post

just because... its funny
    no >

/tencharacters
    doh my god....

"don't look back, it's a trap, it a fact, it's a booby trap booby trap" - The Dickies