At the risk of sounding just slightly immature over Staghelm...

I can't help but feel mixed emotions of jealousy and slight rage after looking at Staghelm's Epic Cat Form! Its so epic!

Especially when coupled with previous Blizz statements such as "If we make a new skin for Druid forms, we wont be able to make a new skin for a boss."

I hope I am not alone in these thoughts.

I personally want to see a firey badass bearform!

The pics are epic though and I am slightly jealous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I personally want to see a firey badass bearform!
    If there was a badass fiery treeform I would reroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd pay many thousand gold to get that skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    While you're at, firehawk for flight form

Can I get a better treeform please? Mutant purple broccoli isn't cutting it for me. BOTH are terrible imo (and I'm not wasting a glyph to keep the old crappy version). They let me down when they released the new tree form models. At least the old ones you could emote with. A flaming tree of doom would be kind of cool.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I can't help but feel mixed emotions of jealousy and slight rage after looking at Staghelm's Epic Cat Form! Its so epic!

Especially when coupled with previous Blizz statements such as "If we make a new skin for Druid forms, we wont be able to make a new skin for a boss."

I hope I am not alone in these thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melodi View Post
    Can I get a better treeform please? Mutant purple broccoli isn't cutting it for me. BOTH are terrible imo (and I'm not wasting a glyph to keep the old crappy version). They let me down when they released the new tree form models. At least the old ones you could emote with. A flaming tree of doom would be kind of cool.
    This shit again? Are you people seriously asking for another reskinning of druid forms? Holy hell. How about you let them redo the face options everyone else has had since freaking vanilla first?

Selfish much? Oye... Yes, it's a very cool looking model. No, you can't have it.

Also, when did Blizzard say anything like what the OP is insuniating? Never that I've seen. In fact, they DID reskin druids (a fact OP seems to be missing) and I'm pretty sure we didn't lose any bosses in the process. lol
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2011-04-21 at 01:22 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

AFK cats on fire.

But seriously, thats a win model xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    For some reason, that doesn't sound like a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    This shit again? Are you people seriously asking for another reskinning of druid forms? Holy hell. How about you let them redo the face options everyone else has had since freaking vanilla first?

Selfish much? Oye... Yes, it's a very cool looking model. No, you can't have it.

Also, when did Blizzard say anything like what the OP is insuniating? Never that I've seen. In fact, they DID reskin druids (a fact OP seems to be missing) and I'm pretty sure we didn't lose any bosses in the process. lol
    1st of all, please calm down no one has equipped pitchforks yet ;-)

To your question, during the whole Tree of Life storm they mentioned that the cost of doing a new skin for druid forms would result in one raid boss having to reuse an old skin. I just found it slightly amusing that they then went ahead and made a new Druid Cat form skin for a raid boss.

As for your other comments, one thing I have learned over the years of playing MMORPG's is that there is never such a thing as "enough" customization. People will always always want more. Even you would like a reskin of the player models so we are just talking about priorities - to which my personal view is that travel form needs an update!

P.S Fiery Bear form would indeed be totally awesome!

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tsjb View Post
    Trees don't like fire though! On the other hand we ALL know that cats and kittens love to be immolated! ;-)

As much as I'd love to have my Cat Form look like that, I'd rather not deal the monstrous QQ that would accompany it from other (read: boring) classes.

10+ Year Old Account

Grow up. They aren't saying 'wahhh we NEED another form reskin'. They are saying it would be nice the same way people say having their class be stupid op would be nice, or having many things would be nice without actually asking for it or expecting it.

Or you could rage out instead =]

Deleted
    I'd be happy with a couple of minor glyphs for new forms, especially if they put in
    Glyph of the Fiery Cat
    /Jealous

Since when does fire have ANYTHING to do with druid?

Maybe, glyph of the fungus-y cat. Or glyph of the star-spangled cat.

Quote Originally Posted by BeKay View Post
    For some reason, that doesn't sound like a good idea...
    Well a fire tree form would give real meaning to the cooldown. Maybe after it was up you would turn into a pile of ash...

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Grow up. They aren't saying 'wahhh we NEED another form reskin'. They are saying it would be nice the same way people say having their class be stupid op would be nice, or having many things would be nice without actually asking for it or expecting it.

Or you could rage out instead =]
    Your defense of this is "they didn't really mean what they said"? Not that it was said in sarcasm or as a joke. Just that they said it... But didn't mean it? While I applaud the originality, this must be the lamest excuse ever given.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your defense of this is "they didn't really mean what they said"? Not that it was said in sarcasm or as a joke. Just that they said it... But didn't mean it? While I applaud the originality, this must be the lamest excuse ever given.
    No, it's people saying it would be nice for new forms. They don't expect it, they don't assume it's going to happen, they don't think Blizz should do it above anything else.

You can try and pretend you don't understand but I assume you're a bit smarter then that. If you want to troll you can try on someone else's section, but not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    Since when does fire have ANYTHING to do with druid?

Maybe, glyph of the fungus-y cat. Or glyph of the star-spangled cat.
    Isn't staghelm a druid?!

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO trinket that turns you into a fire cat.

The thing is, as a player of any other class, a) you never look at your own face and b) your gear changes, so you don't have to look at the same appearance for years and years. Similarly you get new mounts every now and then, and you get to rotate through mounts.

The reskin of feral forms was nice, but moonkin never had a reskin and it's butt-ugly on top of it. Having been playing a druid for 4.5 years now I can tell you I'm a bit fed up of looking to the same old epic flight form, to the point where I use it only for short hops, and gladly go through the mount casting time just to break the monotony.

I've been feral and resto before, I'm a boomkin now and I can tell you that after only 4 months or so I'm already fed up of the boomkin form. Play one as your main for any significant length of time and you'll wish you could roast the darn chicken already.

In short: yes, we are asking for (yet another) reskin. Why? Because we can