Thread: Boomkin DPS

15+ Year Old Account

Boomkin DPS

ok so a friend of mine is a Boomkin in our 10 man raid group. His DPS fluctuates alot from 9-12+k and I am not sure why

So here is his toon on the armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...zmeer/advanced

Any advice for rotation, gem enchants?

Thanks all
    Zift

Deleted
    Not a boomkin but I suspect he shouldnt go for the gem bonus all the time. He should probably only gem for intelect.

Why is he gemming mastery and pure haste gems? He needs to use +20int - +20haste gems in yellow sockets.
    His meta is wrong. He needs the +54int 3%increased damage.
    Back enchant is wrong. He needs the +50(?)int enchant.
    And power torrent if he can get it.

---------- Post added 2011-04-21 at 10:24 AM ----------

He also has glyph of solar beam when he isn't spec'd into it. I'd replace it with glyph of rebirth.

Our DPS can be very sporadic since it relies heavily on different kinds of procs. That being said, he should gem straight intellect where the socket bonus is less than 20 intellect as well as enchant his cloak with intellect (crit would be the worst stat for boomkins at the moment). He should shoot for Power Torrent as well. Make sure to check with him that he is attempting align things with his eclipses properly (e.g. starfall on lunar eclipse) unless you are extremely far away from that eclipse when the CD comes up. Always try to use starsurge inside eclipses. And probably the most important of all is keeping his DoTs fluid, trying to not clip them and keep them rolling on every significant target. Use bloodlust effectively by applying DoTs at first and just as it is about to fall off.

EDIT: Also another thing about DoTs, you want to clip the dots that will receive a bonus from the eclipse you just moved into i.e. moonfire on lunar and both on solar. And he doesn't have to be sitting exactly at hit cap, falling a little below or being a touch above can be fine. He should shoot for whatever will squeeze out the most haste.
    Last edited by moonman; 2011-04-21 at 03:33 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone link there Boomkin for a visual please?
    Zift

Sure thing, I can't post links yet since this account is new apparently. Just search Emoevan on armory, I'll be the only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think he is also worried about staying at 17% hit

Also should he reforge his crit to Haste or Mastery on some of his gear?
    Zift

Reforge crit to haste. Only reforge mastery if you HAVE to. On certain fights, mainly one's with lots of adds phases, it may be acceptable to stack mastery...but this isn't completely set in stone yet. But he should reforge crit always.

Everything should be reforged to haste within an acceptable hit rating range. I would recommend askmrrobot.com or rawr to optimize reforges as it can get fairly messy and the automated systems can just run through all the combinations and give you the best.

EDIT: Also, it looks like I logged off with the wrong cloak on. Just got Drape of the Twins and haven't updated my outfits properly.
    Last edited by moonman; 2011-04-21 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Grammar

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...morgano/simple

Reforge crit and mastery to haste wherever possible. Then reforge crit to mastery on any pieces that have haste naturally. Sats should be 1742 hit>Haste>Mastery>Crit

Gems should be almost all 40 Int. Switch to Burning Meta

Glyph of Wrath is better than Glyph of Starsurge on most fights.

Rotation should be Trees>Starfall>Starsurge>DoTs>Wrath/Starfire. Refresh DoTs 1 second before expiration, not after. Refresh DoTs that benefits from eclipse. On Bloodlust, refresh DoTs immediately. On fights with multiple enemies, Omnitron, V&T, etc. keep DoTs on all targets.

If you're going to have a mana conserving talent, drop Dreamstate for Furor in the feral tree. I don't think you really need any of them though.

My gear isn't that great but I own the DPS in my guild. 20k+ easily.
    Last edited by Morgano; 2011-04-21 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Additional Info
    "Casuals don't read mmo-champion, because they're too busy being bad in heroics." - Tarragon @ Earthen Ring US

There are definitely some mistakes in the above pieces of advice. If he really cares and wants to improve, point him to my guide here on MMO (see stickies in Druid forum) or the one linked in my signature at TMR. My armory is also linked in my sig for reference.
    Moonkin View Raid Encounter Videos can be found at: Moonkin PoV Vids and Arythorn Youtube Channel
    Calc's Moonkin Guide can be found at: The Moonkin Repository - Calculated Balance PvE Guide
    Calculatéd Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lated/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Calculated View Post
    There are definitely some mistakes in the above pieces of advice. If he really cares and wants to improve, point him to my guide here on MMO (see stickies in Druid forum) or the one linked in my signature at TMR. My armory is also linked in my sig for reference.
    Would you mind clarifying some of the mis information? I think it would be helpful to clear up any misconceptions that I or the others in the thread may have.

Reforge crit to hate where you can. Gemming for straight mastery in slots that can be used to for Int gems, and keep the rule in mind take the slot if it's only 20+ Int.

read the boomkin guide in class forums here on mmo champion!

should be helpful