Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

World of Warcraft Catered to Casuals

Thanks Blizzard! I now can be 12/12 in the current tier, and have enough time to work, and keep my significant other in love with me! You may have pissed off a lot of the hardcore players, but kept the average joe happy, and for that i thank you.
    I really enjoy the fact that i can play 2 nights a week, and still have all the gear to keep up with the latest tiers. Anyone else agree?

Deleted
    Sounds to me like you have missed half the tier. Hardmodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree! And I can honestly say that I love the fights as well^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not really catered to casuals, well, it is by your definition but only because your definition of casual is someone who can play 2 nights a week. most people can do that and be 12/12 with the right guild, doesn't mean your casual per-say , If it was catered for casuals it would be really easy, so that a guild could get geared from heroics, go into raids, and get pretty far in, all in one night.

Quote Originally Posted by Stenx View Post
    Ya, and thankfully blizzard also gives me enough time to get to them with the delay of Firelands. So win/win

I agree fully!

Well what did you expect happened when 10s = 25s in difficulty(they need to up 25s), loot and lockdown. It reduced raid times in half just with the lockdown. And with the extra items popping up in 25s you should get geared up in no time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stenx View Post
    Some people just want to see normal content. For me, those hardmodes are not part of a tier or whatever. They are for people who want a second playthrough. Basically they play the same thing twice, on a harder mode.

OT: Congrats^^ Finally someone who doesn't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Well what did you expect happened when 10s = 25s in difficulty(they need to up 25s), loot and lockdown. It reduced raid times in half just with the lockdown. And with the extra items popping up in 25s you should get geared up in no time.
    I'm gonna have to disagree only because i feel that i don't want to have to double my raiding up to 4 nights a week. I mean gosh, my wife would kill me!

It's actually the opposite. 10 man's are harder than 25's, and if you don't believe me, check out wowprogress.com.

Even if they cater to casuals, this is still the hardest tier by far.....

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Its not really catered to casuals, well, it is by your definition but only because your definition of casual is someone who can play 2 nights a week. most people can do that and be 12/12 with the right guild, doesn't mean your casual per-say , If it was catered for casuals it would be really easy, so that a guild could get geared from heroics, go into raids, and get pretty far in, all in one night.
    His defiently his casual is good. Yours isnt.

Saying "If it was catered to casuals it would be really easy", that not catered to casuals. That's catering to BAD PLAYERS.

Casual one and ONLY definition is someone that does not have as much of a time investment as someone who is more hardcore, such as only being able to play 2 nights a week is casual. Only being able to play say 10 hours a week is casual, even if that's split in 3 nights of 3 hours.

Again:

Catered to casuals means you dont have to take 40 hours a week to not hit a brick wall.
    Catered to baddies means the content is very easy and also very boring to alot of people because some dimwits refused to learn how to play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Deleted
    Not catered to casuals, just allows the more casual player to experince the content that blizz have worked so hard on. The heroics is where the top guilds are and they are hard. Thats for the "Hard-core". However, I'm inclined to belive that the hard mode of hard modes (Sinestra) is too easy as many guilds have gotten "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" and even moe have killed it. I however, have not. I'm slowly progressing through the hardmodes now and I tip my hat to blizzard. They've gotten it right this time.

I do normal modes and then stop. Honestly, I don't need to do all the bosses again. Ive already seen them once, why do them again?
    I can just run normal modes and gear up another char if I want to raid again. Time over for other stuff or for more leveling, which is why I love the current raid setups.

Besides, once a char is fully geared from a Normal raid, they should be ready for the normal modes in Firelands once they release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Seriously this. I'm a high-speed, low-drag, supah-healah. Doling out the feel-goods LIKE A BAWS, keeping everyone shiny, happy and cool. Staying on top of my game, even in a combat situati....THERE'S THAT DAMN GROUNDHOG AGAIN!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laluka View Post
    Not catered to casuals, just allows the more casual player to experince the content that blizz have worked so hard on. The heroics is where the top guilds are and they are hard. Thats for the "Hard-core". However, I'm inclined to belive that the hard mode of hard modes (Sinestra) is too easy as many guilds have gotten "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" and even moe have killed it. I however, have not. I'm slowly progressing through the hardmodes now and I tip my hat to blizzard. They've gotten it right this time.
    Actually the first guild just got that achieve that a few weeks back. I'm assuming the amount of guilds who have done it is still single digits.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post
    It's actually the opposite. 10 man's are harder than 25's, and if you don't believe me, check out wowprogress.com.

I think you miss-read me, when I said "they need to up 25s" I meant that they needed to increase the difficulty of 25man HC so that it's on-par with 10man HC.

I think you miss-read me, when I said "they need to up 25s" I meant that they needed to increase the difficulty of 25man HC so that it's on-par with 10man HC.
    I'm sorry, my brain must've gone all wonky :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodejjj View Post

Doesn't really prove they're harder, just that more people prefer 25's.

I've done all 10 and 25 content on normal and 10 is far easier with the exception of Cho'gall. They got really shitty balancing in comparison to 25.

I can sum up this thread by saying none of you have ever fully enjoyed a classic MMO. Possibly never played one.

The game was fine as it was before 3.2 Blizzard could have focused on adding more content and creating new kinds of content, but instead they decided to screw their existing fanbase over to make way for the mass wave of casuals.

What the hell do I care though? I quit giving my money to Blizzard months ago. Have fun!
    Last edited by LeBoucher; 2011-04-22 at 12:29 AM.
    “Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.”

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyTheCorpse View Post
    This is like...a congregation of FaceBook gamers. My eyes burn as though someone had poured vinegar in them.
    I can sum up this thread by saying none of you have ever fully enjoyed a classic MMO. Possibly never played one.

The game was fine as it was before 3.3.5. Blizzard could have focused on adding more content and creating new kinds of content, but instead they decided to screw their existing fanbase over to make way for the mass wave of casuals.

What the hell do I care though? I quit giving my money to Blizzard months ago. Have fun!
    The game was fine until 3.3.5? Wasn't that Ruby Sanctum? I really expected a "Pre-BC or GTFO" from your first paragraph.

But, what is a Facebook Gamer? Because I've never even touched farmville.

Deleted
    With efficient time-management you could always succeed in WoW without playing more than 20 hours a week.