Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Casual doesn't mean you're awful at gaming

hmm thats funny,then how come so many casuals complain about the game being so hard then

i mean,if they wernt awful at gaming.they wouldnt complain

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSoMighty View Post
    Thanks Blizzard! I now can be 12/12 in the current tier, and have enough time to work, and keep my significant other in love with me! You may have pissed off a lot of the hardcore players, but kept the average joe happy, and for that i thank you.
    I really enjoy the fact that i can play 2 nights a week, and still have all the gear to keep up with the latest tiers. Anyone else agree?
    Something is off here. Cata has catered to the hardcore this expansion. And if you're only now 12/12, then that is proof as the expansion has been out for 5 months.

Grats though and getting 12/12.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I agree! And I can honestly say that I love the fights as well^^
    So you're saying you are happy with the current state of normal raids where every fight is essentially the same? spread/stack, gg

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    hmm thats funny,then how come so many casuals complain about the game being so hard then

i mean,if they wernt awful at gaming.they wouldnt complain
    You are half right sir. They aren't casuals, They are just awful gamers. Here's why.

They aren't allowed to consider themselves casual because someone who is truly "Casual" wont CARE to complain to the developers of it being so hard. Casual gamers will pick up Ninja Gaiden for about 5 min, and immediately set it aside, and play something else. They wouldn't flame on boards about the difficulty being too high, they have better things to do.
    You are referring to bad players. People who 1. Don't want to learn a dps rotation 2. Can't Dispell/interrupt abilities even though it's one damn button to press. 3. They stand in Fire even though they've known since Mario that fire is bad. 4. They don't listen to boss mechanics. 5. They don't care about boss mechanics. 6. They want the same gear that YOU have from a much easier source.
    A casual player who has time 2 nights a week to raid can easily know about all these problems, and avoid them. So don't put casual players into the same group as just plain QQing-idiots.

Thanks Blizzard! I now can be 12/12 in the current tier, and have enough time to work, and keep my significant other in love with me! You may have pissed off a lot of the hardcore players, but kept the average joe happy, and for that i thank you.
    I really enjoy the fact that i can play 2 nights a week, and still have all the gear to keep up with the latest tiers. Anyone else agree?
    I raid 3 night and I have 11/13 HM down, does 3 more hours make me an hardcore raider ?
    some people raid 4-5 days week and don't even have 10/12 NM... Casual = amount of time, not skill. I consider myself casual because 12hours a week isn't that much...
    Last edited by Magicochon; 2011-04-25 at 06:08 PM.

the easy mode raids have always been clear-able in one 3 hour night...=S, if you set them on normal there a bit harder but still under tuned for anyone who pretends to be hardcore. but for players like the ones who haven't done 12/12 yet a full set of 353 gear is not really going to change anything....lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anyaka21 View Post
    So you're saying you are happy with the current state of normal raids where every fight is essentially the same? spread/stack, gg
    Every fight has always been essentially the same.
    Kite the boss? okay. or: boss can't be kited. move to next step.
    stay out of fire? okay.
    hold agrro/pew-pew/heal/do your job. okay. Hitting boss is bad? Stop. Healing is bad? stop. boss ignore aggro table? stop.
    stack on something? okay. or: don't stack on something? okay.
    Kill adds? okay. Release good adds? okay.
    repeat as necessary until boss is dead.

Every boss in every game has had this exact strategy in some mix since the dawn of gaming. While some games may have been incredibly creative in their implementation of these things, Cata is by no means any different than anyone else. It's no different than Wrath, than BC, or vanilla raids aside from overall difficulty, which I'm not saying is greater than before, I'm just saying difficulty is the only variable.

What's missing is lore, almost ALL the Cata lore took place outside the gameworld, and that's what is really making Cata feel empty.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

So?

That's my first thought after reading your thread title. It always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Magicochon View Post
    I raid 3 night and I have 11/13 HM down, does 3 more hours make me an hardcore raider ?
    some people raid 4-5 days week and don't even have 10/12 NM... Casual = amount of time, not skill. I consider myself casual because 12hours a week isn't that much...
    My question for you is, are you happy that you only need to dedicate 12 hours a week, and still get shit done? Because I personally think it's awesome.

Its not a "love casuals" patch imo , for me if someone can do 12/12 then he is not a casual , a casual has 3 maybe 4 bosses down tops ,if he is not able to do those bosses before patch with the 346 gear then he is shity , im sorry i might get flamed but in my opinion this is a "filling the blanks" patch for alts rather than a free loot patch.

My question for you is, are you happy that you only need to dedicate 12 hours a week, and still get shit done? Because I personally think it's awesome.
    Yeah it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, you are extremely lucky with your guild.
    Why that ? I'm in this guild since BC.
    There is no luck in that, I made some research few years ago. "WoW - Guilde Québécoise"
    I've found this one, I applyed, I got accepted, I showed what I was capable of and I'm still in.
    Last edited by Magicochon; 2011-04-25 at 06:37 PM.

Deleted
    The only thing i miss is the 10 / 25 man difference... Different loot ect. And i would love to see 40man's return as i never tried them when thier were contect... Started played late Vanilla :P and i miss the times in Alterac Vally[BG] When the fights took ½-1 hour and you got summoned that demon thing.. That was times

Sorry for bad English

Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    I decided to edit my post to be a little more friendly. Sometimes I get carried away and misplace my anger. It's not you guys who I should be angry with, it's Blizzard. I apologize for the FaceBook comment. I'm not the only one crying (yes, it's unapologetic QQ), many other pre-BC players feel my pain too. However, others take it to the extreme by saying the game died with WotLK. Honestly I thought WotLK was a complete success until 3.2 (I edited that part too, meant to say 3.2, not 3.3.5). The addition of 5 mans that give purples and the destruction of traditional raid progression ruined the game for me, but I still played for the sake of being with my friends.

But this is not about me, it's about the game. Like it is said, "Make a game easier without actually making it easy". This means improve on ideas that will make things more fluent and understandable in a game, but don't destroy those ideas completely and throw a fisher price toy in its' place. I'm all for change, just not change like this. What Blizzard is doing is equivalent to what SWG and EQ did. But SWG and EQ never had the subs that WoW has, so Blizzard can sacrifice 1/3 of their fan-base without any serious repercussions (made-up number, lol. Just a rough guess)
    Your credibility is strained to say the least. I'm not a BC veteran but I do know what the color purple looks like and 5 man dungeons in BC definitely dropped purple items. So if that is what ruined the game for you BC "ruined" WoW for you, you just didn't notice.

A lot of the top 100 guilds in the world, who have all content on farm.. only raid two nights a week and easily complete all hard modes available.

Define hard core please.

PS: "Normal mode encounters" should not exist.

And I assure you I'm not being elitist, how do you strive to be better if you're not doing the hardest possible thing.

And if you're not striving to be better, then why do you play the game.. the gear you get is meaningless.. gear is only a tool to progressing further in the hardest possible venue. I see you AFKing in Orgrimmar/Stormwind with your full 359.

You could be trying to achieve something better, instead of settling for mediocre.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just feel the game hasn't gotten any different from wrath, and that it's still kinda boring, Just my opinion.

OT: Yeah you only have to raid for a couple hours a week and you're clear for the weak =/

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    A lot of the top 100 guilds in the world, who have all content on farm.. only raid two nights a week and easily complete all hard modes available.

Define hard core please.

PS: "Normal mode encounters" should not exist.

And I assure you I'm not being elitist, how do you strive to be better if you're not doing the hardest possible thing.

And if you're not striving to be better, then why do you play the game.. the gear you get is meaningless.. gear is only a tool to progressing further in the hardest possible venue. I see you AFKing in Orgrimmar/Stormwind with your full 359.

You could be trying to achieve something better, instead of settling for mediocre.
    To answer your questions:
    (Define hard core please.) Hard-Core to me is someone who's time, in-game, is more then time spent out-of-game. This of course is excluding work, and sleep.
    (how do you strive to be better if you're not doing the hardest possible thing) Being a Casual WoW-player the raid progression takes a bit more time when you only have a couple hours a week to learn the fights, and master them. So I'll be getting to the hardest possible thing in due time, and I strive to be better, but I only have those 2 nights to get there. So it'll take a bit longer.

(And if you're not striving to be better, then why do you play the game?) I play the game, because I enjoy it. It's fun to take down big old bad-guys with a group of 9 others. I consider it recreation, and also a great way to live out my child-hood fantasies of slaying dragons. This is why I consider myself a "casual" player, because i don't mind taking my time to get through every hard-mode, and get all the 372 gear.

(The gear you get is meaningless) No, because the gear I have will help me down the hardmodes with my guild.

(You could be trying to achieve something better, instead of settling for mediocre) Thanks for the uplifting words! You know what, I will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBoucher View Post
    I can sum up this thread by saying none of you have ever fully enjoyed a classic MMO. Possibly never played one.

The game was fine as it was before 3.2 Blizzard could have focused on adding more content and creating new kinds of content, but instead they decided to screw their existing fanbase over to make way for the mass wave of casuals.

What the hell do I care though? I quit giving my money to Blizzard months ago. Have fun!
    I have a girlfriend, a job and 2 kids, envy me.
    and why are you on a wow fan site when you havnt played it for months, apparently?
    Everyone is guilty.

What happens if Pinocchio says : "My nose will grow"...?

The vanilla model consisted of excessive grinding, and requirements which elminated a majority of the paying customers from what was arguably the best content in the game.
    That is the entire point.
    Customers were paying for something for something only a minority were able to access.
    "Casuals" or whatever you decide to call some lesser person can now at least see the content, but hard modes and many achievements which are the measure by which we can identify a hardcore player is off-limits to them.
    You have your measure, and we have our content.
    The small number of guilds to have cleared the current content is evidence enough that even those who consider themselves hardcore are finding a challenge which not all of them are good enough for.
    You want something that the rest of us do not get to see which is the entire point of your rant.
    Not any valid arguements about difficultly, but the toy you have that nobody else can play with.

considering I had 3 choices luck is a really big word...