The bias at this site is just crazy

So lately I've noticed more and more that any posting which promotes WoW is allowed to continue, but those that detract from it are not.

On here there is only supposed to be one thread about "RIFT", and they are going to do the same about Star Wars The Old Republic, and Guild Wars 2. I don't blame them really, this site is kept in business by blizzard. Blizz fans flock to it, that's more advertising hits etc. Not really hard to understand their reasoning. However what bothers me is the backwards way they are dealing with the other games. They don't want to crack down on them, that would only lead to others seeing this site as closed off to anything not WoW. Yet they turn around and allow threads that make any game other than WoW look like crap. Then if you go into the thread and tell them they are full of it, you get in trouble.

Have any of you noticed how fewer, and fewer people with actual thoughts come to this site. They have gotten tired of the nonsense here. Someone posted a thread criticizing the mods, what happened? Closed. I know this one will, I know I will be banned with some snarky comment. The WoW fanboys on the site will eat it up. That's fine with me, because you will still be playing an outdated game with your head in the sand. The rest of the world will pass you by and laugh.

Because this is a WoW Fansite, it's just the way it works unfortunately.

And mods closing topics, that's their decision, because they control what goes on in the site and if they fear the topic will get out of hand or are breaking the rules of the site they will close it and/or ban people.

If it's a strict WoW site, then shouldn't it be called "WoW Champion" ??

"Mmo Champion" is an incredibly misleading title, as all MMO's are not accepted here.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Well, technically speaking, the site's called mmo-champion, not WoW-champion. I think Boub has also said before he doesn't see why it can't cover more mmo's in future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet you come posting here (of which you know is a WoW based fan site) and say we have our head in the sands?

You know why most of these threads gets closed/deleted or the poster gets banned? Because he's not posting anything constructive.

So, enjoy the great outdoors or 1 of the other MMO's / games out there and their fansite ^_^

it is a wow site, deal with it.

if you wanna talk about rift, go to a rift website
    "I am the King of Rome, and above grammar."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post

And mods closing topics, that's their decision, because they control what goes on in the site and if they fear the topic will get out of hand or are breaking the rules of the site they will close it and/or ban people.
    MMO Champion

Deleted
    What? An WoW related fansite where most of the news and threads are WoW related?

This is madness.

You do realize this entire site originated from WoW based forums, right?

That might have something to do with the fact 90% of the posting on this site is about WoW. And your claim that threads that have a negative impact on WoW get closed /facepalm...... If you spend more than 5 minutes reading these forums you'll see that an overwhelming portion of the threads on this site is actually people whining about the things they think are wrong with the game.

Aside from that, this game has a far larger playerbase than any of the other games you mention. If/when Rift or some other game reach 10m+ subscribers, I'm sure the forum sections will reflect that.

All in all I think you're right about one thing, less people with actual thoughts come to this site. You seem to be one of those lacking intelligent ideas to post about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unkn0wnerr0r View Post
    So lately I've noticed more and more that any posting which promotes WoW is allowed to continue, but those that detract from it are not.

On here there is only supposed to be one thread about "RIFT", and they are going to do the same about Star Wars The Old Republic, and Guild Wars 2. I don't blame them really, this site is kept in business by blizzard. Blizz fans flock to it, that's more advertising hits etc. Not really hard to understand their reasoning. However what bothers me is the backwards way they are dealing with the other games. They don't want to crack down on them, that would only lead to others seeing this site as closed off to anything not WoW. Yet they turn around and allow threads that make any game other than WoW look like crap. Then if you go into the thread and tell them they are full of it, you get in trouble.

Have any of you noticed how fewer, and fewer people with actual thoughts come to this site. They have gotten tired of the nonsense here. Someone posted a thread criticizing the mods, what happened? Closed. I know this one will, I know I will be banned with some snarky comment. The WoW fanboys on the site will eat it up. That's fine with me, because you will still be playing an outdated game with your head in the sand. The rest of the world will pass you by and laugh.
    All I can say is if you don't like it, the door is over there mate.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize this website is called "MMO-Champion" but it has always been dominated by WoW fans, and directed towards WoW. This will not change, no matter how much you want it to.

You don't go to a Pokemon fansite and talk about how much Pokemon sucks and everyone should flock to Digimon.