Account has been temporarily disabled.

Hey guys so i assume around midnight my time i received an email from blizzard saying that my account had been disabled because they suspect there has been suspicious activity going on... i read the email and about 10 minutes later they said that they investigated and saw that nothing was wrong. So they said enjoy your WoW experience bla bla bla ( the standard stuff ), but i still cannot log in. On WoW.exe it still says my account has been temporarily disabled... it links me to the website so when i click it says it has been perma disabled.. this is BS? blizzard tells me i can log in but WoW.exe says i can't ?
    can someone help me clarify whats going on

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    NEVER click to go to another website. ONLY deal with Blizzard over the phone. You are being set up to be hacked.

Nope this website was on WOW.exe itself, cant be a scam

Quote Originally Posted by KDSwain View Post
    NEVER click to go to another website. ONLY deal with Blizzard over the phone. You are being set up to be hacked.
    If it still says he cant log in, that's not just another email scam. no?
    You were good, kid, real good. But as long as I'm around, you'll always be second best, see?
    ______________________________________________________________________________
    Oh, and no comment from Xe'ra about how the assault on the black temple was being led in part by the naaru. So was hatred corrupting A'dal's mind too, you pretentious windchime?
    - Volpethrope

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep may want to call Blizz.... and use a virus scan.... and get an authenticator since you've been phished (thus will probably happen again).

EDIT:
    OH I see, misread....
    Still call them anyway. D: That'd be the fastest way to see what's happening.

Deleted
    How can there be a website on the file..that made no sense....also there's so many of these emails going out for example they have the subject of "suspicious account activities", "account disabled", "claim your free mount"...just never click them, it's never a good idea

Go to eu.battle.net or battle.net depending on your region. Log in etc, check your account status.

Going there manually rather than clicking on links means you know you're at the genuine place.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

Log directly into your account at Battle.net. Check it out there. Fill out the "My account's been compromised" form. Buy an authenticator for the love of god.

Some of those emails are really convincing, though, but never click any links in emails.

also, change your email and stop using it on wow related sites. that way you know any mails you get are only from blizzard

yeah thats what i did to the guy above me... maybe my english is real shit but let me explain clearly again
    **THIS IS NO PHASER SHIT IM NOT STUPID, I CLICK STRAIGHT FROM WOW.EXE AND US.BATTLE.NET**
    so i woke up , tried to log onto WoW and it said my Account had been temporarily suspended, on WOW ITSELF there was a link when i tried to log in ~ said to go to worldofwarcraft.com/************* for more info. i clicked and said my account was perma suspended . SO I WENT ONTO MY EMAIL AND CHECKED ** BESIDE THE EMAIL THE ANTI VIRUS SYSTEM TICKED IT SO ITS NOT A SCAM** they said they were investigating cuz they thought there was suspicious activity going on. Later they sent me another email saying everything was ok and that my account was safe ** STILL NOT A PHASER EMAIL ( HAD THE TICK THERE) so when i tried to log in it still wouldnt let me even though **NON PHASER EMAIL** said it was ok. Is there some kind of server lag? and i have to wait? or is there actually a problem

---------- Post added 2011-04-23 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Log directly into your account at Battle.net. Check it out there. Fill out the "My account's been compromised" form. Buy an authenticator for the love of god.

Some of those emails are really convincing, though, but never click any links in emails.
    thats exactly what i did. and i know i didnt get hacked ; i have an authenticator so its on blizzards side

give it a few more hours and try again. if its still suspended then try calling them i guess

Quote Originally Posted by zingar View Post
    give it a few more hours and try again. if its still suspended then try calling them i guess
    aight thanks for ur help.... best post so far

Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    aight thanks for ur help.... best post so far
    Freaking out at people wont get you help, just call blizzard and find out whats going on.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    yeah thats what i did to the guy above me... maybe my english is real shit but let me explain clearly again
    **THIS IS NO PHASER SHIT IM NOT STUPID, I CLICK STRAIGHT FROM WOW.EXE AND US.BATTLE.NET**
    so i woke up , tried to log onto WoW and it said my Account had been temporarily suspended, on WOW ITSELF there was a link when i tried to log in ~ said to go to worldofwarcraft.com/************* for more info. i clicked and said my account was perma suspended . SO I WENT ONTO MY EMAIL AND CHECKED ** BESIDE THE EMAIL THE ANTI VIRUS SYSTEM TICKED IT SO ITS NOT A SCAM** they said they were investigating cuz they thought there was suspicious activity going on. Later they sent me another email saying everything was ok and that my account was safe ** STILL NOT A PHASER EMAIL ( HAD THE TICK THERE) so when i tried to log in it still wouldnt let me even though **NON PHASER EMAIL** said it was ok. Is there some kind of server lag? and i have to wait? or is there actually a problem
    HOLY SHIT WHAT DID I JUST READ?

Also:
    Last edited by Mior; 2011-04-23 at 01:37 AM.
    Getting hit in the face by mobs since 2004.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nobody that is reading this thread will be able to tell you what is going on with your account. The only way you can do that is by calling Blizzard directly and it is also the fastest way to find out. The other option you have is checking your email every 5 minutes for the next 3 days and see if they send you an email saying why you can not access your account other than "under investigation". If you don't like being directed to Blizzard then I don't know what to tell you. The only thing you will get from people on this website (or any other website) is pure speculation and not the actual reason for you not being able to get into your account.

He's saying that he's going to the link that World of Warcraft tells him to.

If an account is compromised, it gives you a link in one of the pop up boxes, similar to how maintenance messages tend to have links in them.

Honestly, go to battle.net, and post in the Customer Service forums. One of the GMs there can check your account, and if there's an issue, forward the information to the appropriate people. (As billing is closed til monday now, if not longer due to easter)

What you should do when your account is compromised: Call Blizzard > E-Mail Blizzard > Post on official Blizzard forums > Post on unofficial fansite forums.

I'm not sure why you bypassed the first 3 and went straight for the fourth, least-useful option.
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

Deleted
    Did you logg in from somwhere else then home? like another city or so? if so they could have tought you got hacked and they might auto ban you just to be on the safe side.

This can be turned off aswell if you call in to blizzard or ticket to a gm about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Did you logg in from somwhere else then home? like another city or so? if so they could have tought you got hacked and they might auto ban you just to be on the safe side.

This can be turned off aswell if you call in to blizzard or ticket to a gm about it.
    not that i know of ; i logd on my laptop and desktop but if they IP tracked well its the same house so yea, and to the guy listing that thing about call bliiz email blizz etc ; um NZ doesnt have a toll free number so ill pay about 100 bucks just to wait on hold and its easter so they prolly arent even there

Deleted
    Scan and to call blizz on your to do list!