Radeon HD 6750 - Blank Screen

Hey guys, I just bought a Radeon HD 6750 graphics card with my new computer. I installed the card, the drivers, installed a new power supply, began playing WoW with the video settings set to Ultra. Everything was working fine for about 50 mins, no lag what so ever. All of a sudden, my screen went black and I think WoW crashed. Restarted my computer and now I just get a "no signal" on my screen.

I disabled my onboard grahpics, reinstalled the card again, but I still get no response from my monitor. It's just odd that it was working perfectly fine for a while and all of a sudden it collapses. Anyone have any idea what the problem is? What I can do to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Deleted
    Does your pc give any error beeps? Do you hear any HDD activity when you turn it on?
    Check if the monitor cable is propperly seated in both the PC and the monitor.
    Also, if you have another card around, try that one and see if the PC boots with that one inserted.
    Oh, and check if you have propperly inserted the power cable(s) to the GPU since you say you installed a new PSU.

Thanks for the response Prixie. My PC did make some beeping noise. Everything was connected correctly. I'm going to try it again tomorrow morning and possibly contact the manufacture.

Deleted
    Just wondering, did you happen to do any BIOS flashing or serious overlocking on that card? Because I know several people do flash their 6950 in order to turn it into a 6970 (i'm pretty sure people do it with any series in order to get more performance out of their buck), but doing this you also risk breaking the GPU within a few weeks or days.

I guess you still have your warranty (that is if you didn't do any flashing, overlocking or voltage increase), I would just go back to the store and ask for a repair or replacement.

i had to recently return a 5770 that did the same thing.

it ran for an evening, then just died. completely new PC build, no flashing.

sent it back and got it replaced. not sure what the problem was exactly.

Deleted
    If the computer still boots with the on-board GFX, it could be either Monday product of a Radeon, loose connection on the PCI-E slot breaking under the weight of the HD6750, loose connection with the extra power cables for the card or any number of other issues. Normally when booting, most motherboards just give a BLIP! to indicate proper start-up, a prolonged or multiple bleeps would usually indicate an error. When the card is attached, make sure the fans work properly and if not, the card likely automagically shuts down on self-boot to prevent GPU burn out.

If it's the card, anything from parts coming loose under prolonged heat stress and poor handling during transport could be the cause and all that is covered by warranty, damage from OC or modifications on the other hand aren't but this doesn't seem to be the case =)
    Last edited by mmocb803490959; 2011-04-23 at 06:48 AM.

I didn't do any flashing or overclocking. to be honest, I'm not even exactly sure what that is. :x
    Yeah I'm going to reinstall it tomorrow and make sure again that the connections are all tightly fit. The beeping did last for about 6-8 seconds so I guess it must of been an error. I just don't understand why the card was working perfectly fine and all of a sudden it stops working, makes me believe it might just be a damaged product. Thanks for the replies guys. I appreciate th
    e information.

When you boot it up, how many beeps and what kind are they? Is it one long beep and three short beeps like I think it is? That means one of three things (assuming it's installed correctly, and since you were actually playing WoW, it was): it's seated wrong, bad video memory or a faulty product. I'm banking on either bad video memory or a faulty product, so the best solution would be to exchange it.

However, as Kageitenshi said, it could be from the PCI-E slot breaking from the weight of the card, but I highly doubt that if it was properly retained.